S I X

"Ced!" I grin brightly as he runs up to me and spins us around, "I missed you." He says once he lets me down making my cheeks heat up, "I missed you too." I tell him feeling myself laugh at his excitement to see me I'd never had someone so happy to see me before.

"How was it?" I ask enjoying listening him tell me all about what had gone on at his home, "and I spoke to my parents and they agreed that you should stay with us once school is over." I look at him in surprise, "really?" He nods without hesitation, "yeah my mum insisted actually, it's gonna be loads of fun Lyra we can do so much-" he lets out a surprised breath as I basically tackle him, "thank you." He chuckles and wraps his arms around me, "you don't need to thank me, I wanted you to come with me now but I thought it might have been a bit sudden." Why was he so wonderful?

"You're so perfect." I say making him laugh, "if I'm perfect then so are you." He tells me before leaning down to kiss me. I just smile up at him in adoration for a second, I never thought someone so loving would end up with me. People were frightened of me, I'm not entirely sure why but it had something to do with my family and so I'm so glad that I had Cedric. 

"Now come on, I want to hear all about how you spent the holidays." He says linking my hand with his, "I didn't do much, I did make friends with this adorable dog though." I tell him absentmindedly swinging our joined hands. "That sounds nice." I smile slightly thinking of my companion, "it was." 

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Padfoot had disappeared once all the students returned to school it made me kind of sad but I suppose they scared him off. Just in case he was still lurking nearby I left him food in a basket and put it by the bushes he used to hide in, I had no clue if it were him eating the food but I hoped it was.

That dog knew more about me than anyone on the planet, I found it so easy opening up to him maybe it was because he couldn't really even understand me and even if he did who would he tell? He was just a dog it not like he was gonna start spilling my secrets.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra!" I laugh as my brother launches himself at me, "I missed you too Draco." I grin holding him close to me, "why didn't you just do as father asked?" He asks me in confusion. "I can't Draco I love being with Cedric he makes me so happy, and father he wants me back with Adrian." Draco frowns and hugs me once more, "the manor was extra lonely without you." He murmurs making me frown, "I'm sorry." He shakes his head, "it's not fair Lyra you should be allowed home." I try and stay with my happy mood, "Draco it's ok, I'm actually gonna go home with Cedric." I tell him making his face drop, "but you should be coming home with me, with your family." I push his hair off his face, "this is just until father eases up, just because I'm not home doesn't mean I'm not your sister." I assure him, I couldn't show Draco that this was killing me as much as it was him, because he was my younger brother and it wasn't his job to worry about me. I was the older sister I had to look out for both of us even if that meant I had to hide my feelings from him and deal with it alone.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

School ended rather quickly mother's cousin was caught but then he escaped again and I didn't know how to feel about it, I knew father served the dark Lord when he was around and so if Sirius did too shouldn't my parents like him? I mean I heard them talking about my aunt Bellatrix perfectly fine even though she was still in Azkaban.

"Is it true Professor? Are you resigning?" I ask after running to Professor Lupins classroom. "Yes Lyra I am." I feel saddened at the news, "why?" I really liked Professor Lupin I had spoken to him a few times after the boggart lesson and he was lovely to speak to, he acted more like a father than mine did. "You don't know this Lyra but I'm a werewolf." I shake my head, "I do know and I don't care you're the best teacher we've had since I joined." He looks surprised.

"You knew?" I nod, "yeah I mean you missed lessons on around the time of the full moons and it was just quite easy to put together if you observe things properly." I shrug, he nods impressed, "and you didn't tell anyone?" I shake my head, "no why would I, it's not my business." He smiles, "why has someone found out? Are you being forced to leave? That's not fair. Who was it?" He laughs and pats my shoulder, "Lyra it's alright I'm leaving on my own accord, before the angry parents demand my removal." I shake my head, "but you're a brilliant teacher why should what you are affect anything, you've been no harm to us all year."

"Not everyone shares your views Lyra." I nod thinking of how my own father would probably be one of the first to campaign for his removal. "I'm sorry." He shakes his head and holds out some chocolate.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Ready?" Cedric asks me as we're getting ready to leave the train, I take a deep breath. "I'm nervous." I admit he sends me a reassuring smile and takes my hand, "don't be they'll love you." He seems so confident in his words but I'm not sure, would they really?

We step off the train and Cedric's parents engulf him into hugs as soon as they spot him making me grin, seeing the love they had for each other that was special and it was beautiful. Cedric's mother spots me from over his shoulder and smiles warmly at me easing some of the nerves that had been eating me up.

"You must be Lyra." She says before pulling me into a soft hug, "it's so wonderful to finally meet you, but with the amount Cedric talks about you I feel as though I already know you." I giggle slightly as Cedric blushes red, "mum." She waves him off and continues speaking to me, "it's lovely to meet you Mrs Diggory, and thank you for letting me stay with you." I say addressing both of his parents at the end.

As we're leaving the station I spot my family, Draco smiles sadly at me whereas father glares hard at both Cedric and I, if looks could kill we'd probably be six feet under. Mother just looks at me sadly, Cedric sees what I'm looking at and takes my hand I smile at him before listening to the story his mother was telling us.