FORTY SIX

"So this is it." The five of us look at each other with tears in our eyes once the train has stopped, "you think id be glad to be finally be rid of you guys after seven years stuck seeing you whenever I woke up or went to bed. Which trust me wasn't always a pretty sight." Daphne breaks the silence making us laugh, "I know we didn't remain the closest but stay in touch?" Kat offers the others nodding eagerly. "Of course." We then share a group hug. "This is so weird." I say as we laugh, "I'm gonna miss you guys." Sophia says breaking down making us all frown, "Sophia, we can still hang out and stuff." We try and make her feel better but Morgan then joins in with the tears, Kat soon after her. "Guys come on." Daphne says before she too joins them.

"You guys! Don't cry we're going to have such a blast with whatever we're gonna do next." I say trying to be optimistic, "are you not going to miss us?" They ask, "are you not going to miss asking Morgan and Kat to shut up when they won't stop their whispering at night." My brows furrow, "or when Sophia would tumble off her bed waking us all frequently." I smile slightly as I feel the tears form, "or how we'd all sit and laugh as Daphne spewed her gibberish into the night." Ok they got to me, I too begin crying as we all hug each other once more. "I'm still mad that I'm just finding out about this sleep talk thing."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra." I scowl and pull my arm from the person who had grabbed it, "don't touch me." I spit harshly making her face fall, "Lyra? I thought that now your father was gone you'd want to-" I don't let her continue speaking, "well you thought wrong I don't want anything to do with either  of you." I tell her venomously as she looks at me in confusion. "What's wrong dear?" I glare hard at my mother, "you are what's wrong. All this time I thought you were different, I thought that you were better than father was but mother you are just as bad as he is, if not worse. I was blinded by your love to see it but you- you're despicable and I hate you." Her eyes tear up as I seethe at her but I didn't care. "I-I don't understand-"

"Do not play dumb with me, you know what you did, you helped... you helped them, you had a part to play in his death and I will never forgive you for that." She knows that she can't play it off. "Lyra please just come home, you belong with your family." I scoff and let out a humourless laugh, "why can't you understand you're not my family! Not anymore, he was my family and he's gone now because of you, you and your vile sister. I don't want to see you again." I say harshly not caring how her tears fall silently she could cry all she wanted but she was a grown woman who had made her own terrible choices.

"Lyra?" She pleads grabbing onto me, I was just so glad that Draco wasn't here to witness this. "No!" I snap harshly pulling away from her, "stop making a scene." I say as I notice people watching us. "Is there a problem here?" I'm so glad to see Tonks glaring coldly at my mum from beside me. "No." I say shooting my mother a look, "I'm good to go." I tell her and she grins, "ok let's go then." She says shooting my mother another glare as she wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Lyra please." The hurt on her face makes me hesitate for a second, "you made your choice and I made mine. Bye mother." I say before turning away with Tonks. "You can't get away this easily, we will come for you, you will join us even if we have to go through those you love." My mum whispers into my ear as she grabs me harshly and pulls me into her. I stumble back as she releases me, my eyes wide at what she had just said.

"Thank you." I say to tonks as she hurriedly pulls me away. "No problem, Sirius said us family disappointments had to stick together didn't he?" I smile feeling my eyes tear up slightly. "Let's get you to the others." 

"Was everything ok?" Mrs Weasley asks looking over at me in concern as we regroup with everyone else, "fine." I murmur still hurting a bit. "She didn't do anything to you did she?" I smile as Mrs Weasley brings me into a hug, "no she just tried to get me to go with her." I say making her frown, "Lyra told her off good and proper though." Tonks says in a proud tone. Remus smiles at me and hands me some chocolate, I take it with a smile, "thank you." He shakes his head and pats my shoulder.

"You not gonna say hello to us?" I jump as the twins appear behind me, "George!" I say hugging him first making Fred's jaw drop, "Lyra!" He gasps at me making George and I laugh. "What? Come on Fred we all know that George is my favourite twin." George laughs even harder and wraps an arm around my shoulder. "I mean she's been saying this for years Freddie." He says as Fred looks between us. "Why don't you date him then?" George and I look at each other and shrug. "Sure, so George wanna go on a date?" George grins down at me, "absolutely how's tomorrow?" Fred pulls me away from George making the two of us laugh even harder.

"Stop it." I smile, "it was your idea." He pouts, "we're kidding Fred." I say wrapping my arms around him, "I only want to date you." I say making him smile, "I like the suit, you look very handsome." I tell him as I take in their new green dragon scale suits. Someone clears their throat from behind and we turn to see Adrian looking at us nervously. "Hey Lyra can we talk?" I glance up at Fred to see his face harden as he looks at Adrian. "Oh Adrian hey, um yeah sure we can talk." I say as I look at Fred to make sure that he was ok with it.

"So what's up?" I ask after we've moved away from the others. "I just wanted to say bye." I nod with a smile, "bye." Adrian and I had been close friends back in first year actually we'd been friends before then, since we were kids. We started dating in third until he cheated on me in our fifth year, to be honest I didn't even care about that anymore. Adrian and I we were stupid kids trying to please their parents when we started dating, the timing was completely off and whilst I may have loved him at one point I didn't, at least not in that way anymore. I think we could both appreciate that things were better for us strictly platonically.

"Stay in touch?" I smile, "sure." He grins and nods, "and look I know that things didn't work out between us and I'm sorry for that but I'm glad that you're happy with Weasley." He says surprising me after a second. "Thanks and all that other stuff it's in the past." I say, "I do still love you a lot, but you're better with him even a blind man could see it." My eyebrows raise at his sudden confession. "I loved you Adrian I really did, but-" he smiles reassuringly, "I know." He cuts me off. "You'll find someone." I assure him making him shrug. "There's no one who could compare to you but that's not important, you take care now." I nod and wrap my arms around him. "See you around Adrian." I say softly as he holds me to him for just a second longer, "see you around." He murmurs before kissing my head and leaving.

"What did he want?" Fred asks by my side instantly, "to say bye." I shrug, "that's it?" I nod, "he actually told me that he still loves me bu-" my eyes widen as Fred's jaw clenches and he takes a step forward, "but Fred wait!" I say quickly stepping in front of him and grabbing his arms. "He said that I was better with you, that he understands I don't want him and that we're happy." I say hurriedly as I push him backwards to stop him from going after Adrian.

"He did?" I nod, "yes he was just saying bye." He stops, "sorry I just." I shake my head and kiss him, "it's ok, I think jealousy is kinda cute on you actually." I say making him laugh slightly as he shakes his head. "I can't help it, I just love you too much."