FIFTY SEVEN

"What do we feed her?" I shoot Daphne a look of disbelief at her stupid question, "I don't know why don't we try food?" She rolls her eyes, "hey Evangeline what do you want to eat?" I ask ignoring Daphne, "cookies." I smile, "you can have cookies later, but you need proper food for breakfast." She scrunches her little face as she racks her brain for a good breakfast choice. "Pancakes! Please." I nod, "wanna help me make them?" She nods and runs over excited.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"And now you flip them watch." I lift the pan and try to flip the pancake only for it to splat onto the ceiling, I laugh as Evangeline slaps her hand over her mouth to muffle her giggles. "Whoops." I say looking up at it before sharing an amused glance with her. "Let's just try again."

"What smells so good." I jump slightly as the twins apparate into the apartment, "pancakes." I answer smiling over at them for a second noticing the looks of confusion on their faces, Evangeline grabs my arm, "who are they?" She whispers, "my friends." She nods, "you have a lot of friends." I laugh slightly. "Who's that?" Fred asks making Evangeline shrink to hide behind me slightly.

"This is our new roommate Evangeline." I introduce making her peek out and wave, George smiles and waves back and Fred just looks confused. "I will explain later but who wants pancakes?" I offer trying to change the subject. "Me!" The three say in unison making me laugh.

"You know actually Evangeline these are Ron's brothers." She lights up at the sound of Ron's name, "is one of them Charlie?" I shake my head and she looks a bit disappointed, "oh." Fred and George share a glance at this, "what does she mean oh?" I shrug finding their offence amusing, "I think she means she doesn't find you interesting." Evangeline nods, "Ron's better." She says her little cheeks dusting a light pink colour. "You hear that Ron's better." I repeat laughing at the faces they make.

"Ron's not better, we are!" Before anyone can continue the debate, Daphne leaves her room in her work uniform, "where are you going?" George asks, "to work?" She says pointing to the badge making him nod with a bit of a blush. "Have fun!" She smiles at Evangeline's enthusiasm takes a pancake and then she's gone.

"So what do you wanna do?" I ask the three in front of me, "aren't you going to the shop today?" I ask them confused as they shake their heads, "no it's our day off." They hadn't taken a day of yet so that was odd. "You don't take days off." They shrug, "we felt like one today." I watch them both for a second but shrug it off for now.

"Why are you here?" I ask once Evangeline is away from the table, she and George were playing with paddy in the other room. "What a guy can't come and visit his girlfriend?" He asks, "you're here to watch over me aren't you?" I ask making his eyes widen slightly letting me know that whatever he said next was going to be a lie. "No." I look at him for a second noticing how he starts playing with his fingers, "yes." I say making him sigh and nod, "mum told us what happened last night, and we all agreed that you shouldn't be left alone." He admits, "I'm fine." He grabs my hand from across the table. "You are thankfully but she told us they were looking for you." I felt my heart squeeze at those words. "And I don't want you to be unsafe ever, I promised I'd never let them get you."

"Fred I'll be fine." I try to assure him, "I know you will because I'm going to make sure of it." I don't fight him on it deciding it wasn't worth it. "Ok, but I don't need babysitters, you should go to the shop." He raises our joined hands and kisses mine. "The shop can handle one day without us."

"So...did your mum tell you everything about what happened last night?" He shakes his head, "her owl was brief, we only know the basics." I glance over to make sure we were still alone in the room before explaining what happened to him. "Daphne doesn't know that they were looking for me." I add knowing that I had to tell her but I was unsure when. "When are you going to tell her?" I shrug, "I don't know how I'm supposed to say it, she's already worrying so much." He sends me a reassuring smile. "It'll be ok." 

"Ugh this is just so much trouble, I should just hand myself in and get it over and done with." Fred looks appalled by the words that have just left my mouth, "are you joking, because that's not funny." I bite my lip feeling guilty at the look on his face. I hated this I felt like I was forcing Fred to be serious to worry and it was awful he and George were always so lighthearted but recently I'd made him smile less and less. "Yes it was a joke, sorry I didn't mean it." I mumble knowing that I had full well meant what I said. Neither of us say anything, we just look away awkwardly.

"Lyra!" I'm so glad when Evangeline comes running in disrupting our painfully awkward silence, "can we make the cookies now?" She asks, I look at her big brown eyes so full of hope and nod, "of course we can." I nod hoping that she can keep her childlike innocence for as long as possible. "Does your friend want to help us?" She whispers making me smile as I look at Fred who was smiling again. "I don't know why don't you ask him."

"I'm going to go check up on the shop." George says to me as I watch Fred talk to Evangeline very animatedly, I shake my head with a smile as I realise that they're arguing about Ron. "You don't have to come back." I tell him, thinking he probably didn't want to. "I want to make sure you're ok, I mean how could I be your favourite twin if I didn't take care of you also how could I be the favourite third wheel if there's no couple to third wheel?" I laugh feeling touched by his words whilst also a bit confused, but I got what he was trying to say. "Thanks George." He shakes his head and wraps his arms around me. "Like I told you, we fight for each other."