EIGHTY

"Merry Christmas!" I jump as Daphne and Spencer jump onto my bed startling me awake, "hurry up!" I sit up confused rubbing my eyes at the excited faces, "hurry up for what? I just woke up

"Merry Christmas!" I jump as Daphne and Spencer jump onto my bed startling me awake, "hurry up!" I sit up confused rubbing my eyes at the excited faces, "hurry up for what? I just woke up."

"It's Christmas Lyra!" I push their faces away from mine, "yes so you said already." I say halfway through a yawn, "oh are we having a party in Lyra's room?" Noah asks poking his head in as he was walking by, he ignores my no as he too jumps onto my bed joining the other two.

"No were not having a party in here can you guys get out?" The three of them continue their excited conversation over my voice. "Hey Hen get in here we're having a party in Lyra's bed." I roll my eyes but can't help but smile as Henry walks in confused and perches himself on the edge of my bed.

"Ok now that you're all here get out and get ready for our Christmas breakfast." Since all of us except Noah were going to be visiting our family today we decided to have a Christmas breakfast with each other so he wouldn't be so lonely.

"But you said we had to stay in our pyjamas?" Noah asks confused, for Christmas breakfast we all had to make one breakfast dish each and we'd have our feast watching a muggle Christmas movie before exchanging presents and then the rest of us would be on our way.

"Yes we do but that doesn't mean you can't fix your hair, also go and get whatever you need to make whatever it is you're making."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Fine we can team up." I say after we decide to make breakfast a competition, "ok dibs on Henry!" My eyes widen as Daphne waltzes herself over to the taller boy who just smiles silently. "Daphne! I thought we'd team up." I say in complete betrayal, "sorry but we all know Henry is the best cook here, we have this in the bag." She says high-fiving Henry, "you're on thin ice mister, stealing my dog and now my best friend." I say mock threateningly towards him as he laughs.

"You just know that you're gonna lose against us." He smirks, "tell her again Henry." I stick my tongue out at them, "what about me?" Spencer asks, "oh Spence you know that I love you but..." he makes an offended face as I trail off.

I knew that if he was on my team he'd bring my chances of winning down, no hate to Spencer he just wasn't the best cook and I wanted to win. "No problem because I want Spencer on my team." Noah shrugs throwing his arm over Spencer's shoulder making said boy blush slightly. "R-really?" He asks shocked. "Hell yeah, and when we win you can shove it in Lyra's face." He winks making me smile at the two. "Sorry but I'm going to be the one to win because I don't have either of them bringing me down." Both Daphne and Spencer make faces at me their teammates quick to assure them not to worry and that they'd win.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Oh my god move!" I smirk and concentrate on my own food as I listen to Noah and Daphne clash "you move!"Maybe it wasn't the best idea for all of us to be working at the exact same time but we'd all taken a corner of the kitchen each, although it seems the others were still finding ways to get on each other's nerves.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"And I'm DONE!" I shout in victory once I get my pancakes all ready. I had made a stack of green pancakes to resemble a tree and used various fruits and sweets to resemble decorations as well as whipped cream tinsel. I had also made plain pancakes and turned them into a winter wonderland themed scene using icing sugar and whipped cream for snow. Santa looking strawberries as well as reindeer bananas and marshmallow snowmen. I totally had this in the bag.

"We're done too!" Noah and Spencer yell out a few moments later Henry and Daphne a few minutes after them. We all look at each other's creations impressed. Noah and Spencer had made cinnamon rolls that were squished together in the shake of a tree, green icing messily scribbled over it with sweets as baubles and stuff, it was pretty cute.

Daphne and Henry however had made gingerbread and white chocolate pastries all different Christmassy shapes. I'm declared winner however just as I knew that I would be, "what's the winners prize?" I ask triumphantly as the others jokingly blame each other for losing. "Uh you can pick the Christmas movie." They shrug.

"Huh I haven't watched any muggle Christmas movies someone else can pick." I shrug unbothered just happy to know that I had won.

We all settle down and watch home alone the three who'd watched it before agreeing rather quickly, it was a really good film. "You know there's a second one, we can watch it tonight when you all come home." Noah says slightly nervously as though we're all gonna turn him down. "Yeah that sounds great." I say making him grin.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

We all then separate deciding to do presents in the evening instead as we need to go and get ready so that we can go to our families on time. I get ready fairly quickly but don't leave yet since I was waiting for Fred to come and get me. I was obviously celebrating with the Weasley's, Hermione wouldn't be joining us though this year as she hadn't really spoken to Ron after the whole Lavender brown situation their friendship a bit on the rocks.

"Oh hey Noah." I smile as I see him at my door, "hey, wow you look great." He says making me grin, "thanks, so what's up?" I ask as he makes his way into my room properly. "Nothing much, I just wanted to say thanks you know for the Christmas breakfast." I shake my head, "no problem, like I told you we're your family now and we wanted to do something with you." I shrug as he smiles.

"You know Christmas was my mom's favourite holiday, she'd always go all out, I used to think it was stupid but I miss it now." I frown as he tears up, "and this is the first Christmas without her that I've enjoyed, but I feel guilty for enjoying it because it was our thing and she's not here anymore so I can't do it with her." I nod sympathetically understanding how he felt, "it's ok Noah, don't feel guilty I'm sure your mum would want you to enjoy Christmas in her honour." He nods and wipes his eyes, "yeah you're right she would. You remind me of her you know, you're so kind like she was, you have a good heart Lyra."

"You're not as bad as I thought you were you know, you're secretly a big softie." I say making him chuckle, "thanks... for everything." I shake my head, "no worries that's what friends do." Then all within a split second Noah leans forwards and places his lips on mine, his hand cupping my cheek softly.

My mind goes blank and I am unable to do anything for a second in shock, but I quickly pull myself together and pull away my eyes wide, "Noah what are you-"

"Hey Lyra Fred's here!" Daphne calls out from the hallway. I close my eyes and try to unjumble everything in my mind, well shit what was I gonna do?