EIGHTY SIX

"What're you doing?" Fred asks as he walks into my flat to see me sat on the ground tons of books sprawled out in front of me. "Studying." I shrug simply before going back to my studying, see when you were training to be a healer you had to take an exam at the end of your first trainee year to see if you could continue training, if you passed then you'd take another at the end of your third year. If you failed however you could either redo the first year and reattempt the exam or you could quit.

We learnt that Henry had actually failed his first year and was redoing it and so we had study nights in the flat now, so that we could all help each other. I wanted us all to pass, we started the year together and we were gonna progress together. The others were on study break right now though.

"It's study group." I elaborate as Fred watches me eyebrows raised, "where's the group?" He asks in confusion looking around the empty room, "oh they're either on break right now or they're done for the day, I can't remember." I say with a sigh as my hair falls into my face again. Fred nods and wordlessly sits behind me starting to gently untangle my hair with his fingers.

We sit in silence Fred braiding my hair whilst I study to keep it from my face so that I could concentrate. I smiled at the action turning to face him now unable to focus on what was in front of me, "yes?" He asks, "you're too distracting Weasley." A proud smile makes its way to his face at that, "can't help my dashing good looks love." He winks making me laugh, "it's not your looks, it's you." I say cleaning up all the study materials. Before joining  him on the couch curling up into his side easily.

I end up laying in his lap his hand in mine, I play with his fingers as we speak absentmindedly my mind relaxing from all the studying I had done today.

"Hey." I glance over at the door to see Noah and Daphne enter the flat smiling over at us, "hey." I wave back getting up when Daphne calls me over, "Lyra!" She slaps me making me yelp and quickly lift my arms to protect myself, "what?" I ask as she slaps me again. "You didn't tell me that Noah kissed you." My eyes widen, "I forgot."

"You forgot? Do you know how dumb you sound right now?" She says, "what? I did forget to tell you, it wasn't that important to me." She lets out a sigh, "well did you at least tell Fred?" She sighs once more and begins hitting me at the look on my face, "Lyra."

"I know, but every time I was going to it just seemed like such a bad time, and I feel like the longer I don't tell him the less easier it will be once I do." I explain, "so you are going to tell him?" I nod, "well do it soon then." She advises, "I will I'm just looking for the right time."

"Lyra this isn't like telling him you love him or something I don't think there is a right time to tell your boyfriend that another boy kissed you."

"I'm sorry?" Both of our eyes widen as we turn to see Fred stood a few feet from us, clearly having heard what Daphne had just said. "Did she just say another boy kissed you?" I feel my mouth go dry and so all I can do is nod. "What? Who kissed you?" Just as I'm about to reply Noah joins us all in the kitchen, "hey what're we talking about?"

I don't know if I had a look on my face or if it was Daphne but Fred put it together and turned to glare at Noah. "You kissed Lyra?!" He asks his fists curling up, arms flexing which highlighted the veins below.

"Yes and I-"

"Fred!" Fred suddenly struck Noah across the jaw sending him to the ground, a full brawl breaks out with neither of us able to stop them, I knew it was futile to even try Fred was way too strong for me. The years he spent on the Gryffindor quidditch team as a beater seeing to it. You had to have quite a lot of strength to be able to whack the bludgers away also needing good balance and coordination to stay upright on a broom. And fed was one of the best beaters I'd ever seen, he and George were amazing and even though I had never really liked quidditch that much it was nice to watch them play.

I run for my wand and return to see Fred on top of Noah punching his face over and over. "Stop it!" I yell separating them, "he started it." Noah says wiping the blood from his nose.

"Violence isn't the way." I say looking Fred who was glaring at the ground. "Fred." He looks up at me showing the minimal damage Noah had inflicted. "I want him out." I look between both boys Noah simply hangs his head waiting for me to kick him out in the cold. "No." I startle even myself.

"No, he's my friend and he has nowhere else to go." I say standing my ground, Noah and I had worked things out, he felt nothing for me it was just a mix of emotions kind of thing. "Some friend." Fred says darkly, "it was a misunderstanding, you didn't even give me a chance to explain."

"When?" I don't speak for a moment, "when?" He treats making me avoid his gaze, "Christmas." He lets out a humourless laugh, "Christmas? You had months to explain Lyra, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you'd react like this and I didn't want to ruin what little time we spend together. It mean nothing it didn't even last a second, I didn't kiss back and he never kissed me again."

"Oh shall I thank him for that?" I shake my head, "Fred don't make-"

"It's a pretty big deal Lyra. He kissed you Lyra, you're supposed to tell me these things and you're gonna let him continue living with you?"

"Well we spoke things out and-"

"Oh I bet you did." He mutters chuckling under his breath. "We did, Noah doesn't have feelings for me, he was just emotional at the time and it gave him a lapse in judgment and that's over now."

"That's true, I don't feel anything more than friendship for her and even if I did I respect your relationship." Fred glares as Noah speaks, "like you respected it when you kissed her?"

"I am sorry about that but it'll never happen again." Fred just scoffs and looks away, "it's ok Lyra I can leave," I shake my head, "no, you're not going anywhere this is your home too just go to your room."

"So you're just going to let him stay?" I sigh, "Fred-" he turns around behind to walk away, "Fred wait!" I call out following after him, "I'll see you later." He says before slamming the door shut on his way out.

"What's going on?" Spencer asks through a yawn as he joins us seemingly having just woken up. "Oh my god Noah your face!" He looks between us all wanting someone to say something. "Fred and Noah got into a bit of a fight after Fred found out that they kissed."

"You kissed Noah?" Spencer asks utter betrayal in his words, "no, Noah kissed me and it wasn't even like a proper kiss, I think meant nothing to either of us." I say quickly, "why didn't you tell me?" Noah's looking between us confused. "I..." I don't know what to say.

"He loves you." I tell Spencer after following him to his room, "that's not funny." He says, "I'm not joking he does, he told me he's in love with you but that he hides it because he doesn't want to make you uncomfortable. He's In love with you but he's too scared to tells you because he doesn't want to lose you."

"And did he tell you this before or after you kissed him?"

"I didn't kiss him, he kissed me he was over emotional because of his mum, he said I reminded him of her and then next thing you know he had his lips on mine, I didn't kiss him back and I pulled away almost immediately."

"You know, you are kinda like his mom." Spencer says after a moment tilting his head as he looks at me, "that's weird." I say before joining in with his laughter.

"He's in love with you, so I say you go for it, make a move." Spencer's eyes widen and he shakes his head, "have you met me? I can't do that."

"Why not? It's not like he'll reject you." I shrug, "but what if he doesn't want to be with me? He's not a relationship kind of guy." I shrug again, "I don't know, but neither will you unless you try."

"Are you ok?" Spencer asks after a moment, "I don't know, Fred's angry and I get it, I should've told him but I don't know what to do." He frowns and wraps his arms around me, "it's ok, he'll cool down and things will work out, he loves you too much to stay mad for long."