THIRTY ONE

"And so I thought kissing Adrian would make my feelings disappear, which it didn't, I knew it was a mistake almost as soon as it happened and I stopped him to tell him that, but it was too late the damage had already been done. And then George saw the hickey at our DA meeting he thought it was from Fred and one thing led to another. I'm so horrible, he was worried about me, he was scared that he'd pressured me and I-" Sirius is watching me intently this is probably the only form of entertainment that he has.

"Come on Lyra you're being too hard on yourself, you're a kid, you're supposed to make mistakes, nobody's perfect." He says, "I know things seem hard right now but it won't last, you did something dumb but eventually it won't even matter, just if it's supposed to be then it will be and Fred may be upset right now but he'll get over it, that boy cares about you a ton and I just know you're supposed to be together." I look down for a second, "he deserves someone better than me." I say making Sirius shake his head, "you did something stupid and hurtful but you aren't a bad person you just weren't using your brain, besides you can't pick who you love." I nod feeling slightly better.

"So why were you crying on the astronomy tower?" I take a sip of my tea, "just some girls, almost everyone's calling me the slytherwhore now." Sirius can't help but laugh, "why are you laughing?" I ask with my own confused laughter, "that will die down trust me, you know I was actually called the gryffinwhore during my school days." I laugh harder as he holds his hand up for a high five. "School girl gossip never lasts that long." He shrugs making me nod that was true they'd probably moved onto another topic by now.

"Lyra why were you trying to distance anyways?" I shift in my seat and begin to play with my fingers, "because of my nightmares... the reason I try and distance myself from you all after a nightmare is because I dream that you all die and...it's all my fault." He looks at me in shock, "and I just I don't want anything to happen to any of you, especially not because of me." He nods thoughtfully, "well firstly it's nice to know you care." He says managing to make me smile, "and they're just dreams that won't happen, don't worry so much. And I know it's hard to hear but there's a war coming Lyra people are going to get hurt it's better to just enjoy your time with your loved ones rather than be afraid because nobody's safety is guaranteed." I nod.

"When did you get so wise?" I ask making him laugh, "what do you mean Lyra I've always been wise." I start laughing at how incorrect that was. "I was just trying to think of what Remus would tell you. He's the wise one." I nod, "my actual advise would be to hex anyone that bothers you." I laugh feeling so much better than I had. "Where is Professor Lupin?" Sirius snorts, I don't know why but he always found it funny when I called Remus Professor Lupin. "Order business, he should be visiting soon." He shrugs making me nod.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

The next week was nice, it was fun Sirius and I had a blast we even snuck out once, to the muggle village I had lived in. Bill visited quite a bit actually and he was nice conversation he had some really interesting stories from his curse breaking in Egypt. Mrs Weasley had visited as well fusing over me, as had Remus, he gave me lots of talks and chocolate because Sirius had told them both that I tried to jump from the astronomy tower because he thought it was funny. I had to assure them that I hadn't but they were both a bit hesitant to believe it. Remus had begun giving me lots of talks, like a lot it was kinda like he was trying to be therapist but I didn't mind it that much he was very comforting and he did give great advise. Mrs Weasley even offered for me to go back to her house for the remainder of the holidays but I felt bad leaving Sirius alone so I declined, besides I wouldn't really want to spend the holidays with Fred he needed his space from me.

It was basically the middle of the night but I woke up to hear shouting from downstairs, I creeped down hesitantly. Only to hear it go silent, I enter the room sleepily to see Sirius, "Sirius whats going on?" I question rubbing my eyes, "nothing trouble, go back to bed." He says but the look on his face told me that it wasn't nothing. And then I see the room is filled up with red heads they're all sat on the couches with worry clearly on their faces and their heads bowed.

"Arthur was attacked?" My eyes widen no longer feeling tired. "How is he?" Sirius shrugs with a sigh, "we don't know." I don't want to say anything more because I don't want to trouble the Weasleys more I feel as though I shouldn't be there. I glance at Fred who had his head in his hands he looked so worried and my heart churned I wished that I could be there for him to comfort him but he hated me and probably didn't want anything to do with me especially right now so I move towards the kitchen.

A few seconds later Ron enters, "is there um any food?" He asks pacing slightly, "I think so what do you want?"
He shrugs as he begins biting his nails, "I don't care anything, I just um need...something." I nod and watch him stress eat before he starts pacing again. "Hey, hey it's going to be ok." I tell him grabbing his shoulders to stop with the pacing because it was giving me a bit of a headache. "How do you know?" He asks, "I don't but I have faith your father is a strong man, he'll be fine." I assure him he nods slightly unconvinced. Suddenly he wraps his arms around me surprising me, I pat his back awkwardly, "there there." I say not knowing what to say to him.

"I get why Fred likes you." He says once he lets me go making me blush and laugh a bit, "yeah I don't know about that." He shrugs, "don't worry Lyra he's madly in love you." I shake my head with a smile, "I don't think he'd appreciate you telling me that." Ron shrugs, "he embarrasses me all the time so who cares." I laugh a little, "let's get you back to your siblings."