TWENTY SEVEN

"I'm so sorry Fred." I tell the boy who was now in a sour mood not that I could blame him, "it's not your fault." He grumbles shooting my brother a dark look before leaving the field, "unless you agree with him?" My eyes widen. "What no! I'd never, I'd never think that about anyone! I love your parents, I love your family." I say making him smile slightly, "are you going to follow me all the way into the showers?" He asks making me blush hard and shake my head, "it's ok if you want to, if I saw someone as dashingly handsome as myself I'd do the same." He winks and I turn and leave as fast as possible without running hearing him laugh as he watches me.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Are you still mad at me?" I ask Daphne, she looks up from her book, "no." I sigh, "see you say no but then you look at me like that and your tone makes me feel like you are?" She looks up once more closing her book this time, "what would give you that idea?" I chew on my lip as I stare at her. "Daphne." I don't know what to say, "look Lyra I'm not judging you or trying to force you into anything but I'm just looking out for you because I care about you and I just know that this isn't going to end well." I nod, "I know." I moan, "but I haven't seen him since I promise." She nods, "well I mean do what you want I guess, but what happened to all the times you said Adrian was a rat?" She asks, "it's just when I'm around him my brain stops, the pain stops it's fleeting but it's such a relief," she looks confused.

"So you become numb?" I nod, "that's not a good thing Lyra. You need your feelings, they make you who you are, they help you grow and mature. No matter how good it feels without them, your feelings will always catch up to you, so it's better to just face them now rather than later altogether it can be...dastardly." She explains looking so worried that I begin to feel suffocated under her gaze. "Just please I don't care if you cry for hours, just come to me, I- please Lyra." I look at her pleading face and nod. "Of course." I say noticing the haunted look on her face.

"Oh my we're going to be late." She says shaking herself from whatever had been on her mind and pulling me along.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

We'd had plenty of Dumbledore's army meetings Harry being a spectacular teacher Zacharias had become slightly less annoying aside from the argument he had started with Daphne last week, about us being untrustworthy Slytherins. It was due to the stupid inquisitorial squad that Umbridge had formed, he accused of us being spies, something Daphne didn't take lightly.

She went mental at him as she should, there was nothing wrong with Slytherins we could be just as brave as the Gryffindors only most of us valued ambition over bravery, it was no different than the Gryffindors valuing bravery over loyalty from the Hufflepuffs and if that didn't make them awful why were we? I admit I'd only wanted Slytherin to please my father but it was my house. I spent seven years in this house and even if I hadn't spoken to many Slytherins we were a family, who for some reason got lumped as the dark house, which was totally inaccurate I swear more of the Hufflepuffs were meaner than us.

Today we were taking turns at trying to stupefy each other, and I smirk as I watch Fred and George bet on Hermione and Ron, "Hermione's going to win for sure." I whisper over making Fred smirk confidently. I was right of course Hermione sends Ron flying before he can even lift his wand. He claims he let her do that but we all knew the truth.

"Ready Malfoy?" I match Fred's smirk and nod, "don't hold this against me." I say making him scoff, "as if you're gonna-" I swiftly cut him off lifting my wand as he was mid sentence, "stupefy." My eyes widen as he goes flying across the room and my excited laughter ceases after he doesn't get up. Oh merlin I hadn't killed him had I? "Blimey Malfoy that was wicked." He beams jumping up making me sigh out in relief.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side." He says as he makes his way over to me, "shut up." I laugh as he wraps an arm around me, I smile up at him as he makes faces at me. "Merlin can the two of you just get together already." Ginny grumbles walking past the two of us.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

After our session I went to sit in the courtyard just for some fresh air. "What are you doing?" I smile as Fred sits beside me, "thinking." He looks confused, "I know that it may be confusing for you since you never think but it can be nice sometimes." He rolls his eyes a fond smile making its way to his face as he nudges me, "what're you thinking about?" I shrug before resting my head against his shoulder, "does it matter?" I murmur closing my eyes as I feel the soft breeze on my face. "Have you been ok recently?" Fred asks after a second, "not really no but I'll be fine." I shrug hoping it was true.

We sit in silence for a moment until it suddenly begins to rain madly, I giggle as Fred runs for shelter. "Lyra?" He calls out confused to see that I was now laying on the ground my eyes closed as I just let the rain pour down on me. "Lyra?" His voice is closer now, I open an eye to see him stood over me worry consuming him. "Are you alright?" I nod a bright smile emerging on my face, "perfectly." He shakes his head with a small smile, "you're mental." I laugh, "maybe, but you love it." He grins and holds a hand out to me, "dance with me?" My grin grows as I place my hand in his.

"Why of course." The two of us can't stop our wild laughter as he spins me in the rain, then he pulls me into him,. We both sway gently smiling at each other as we get soaked. As I look into his warm eyes I feel myself gravitate closer towards him, Fred mirroring my actions the two of us lean in as though we're about to kiss. Our lips are so close I can practically feel his on mine already, my heart was beating so wildly I was sure it was about to beat right out of my chest. Then at the last second just when I can feel a ghost of the kiss I pull my head back, his face falls looking just as disappointed as I felt.

I don't know why I had done that, but the moment was lost now. "I..." I don't know what to say, my words trail off as I look at him regretfully wishing I hadn't chickened out. "I uh have to go, got to do some business with George." He says dropping my hand, I nod and force a smile as I miss the warmth immediately. "Have fun." I saw weakly as we both smile awkwardly at each other.

I watch his retreating figure my heart sinking with each step he takes away from me. I lay back on the ground in the pouring rain my good mood now gone, I may have even cried a bit out of frustration but it's not like anyone would know, the rain would wash the tears away. I just wished it would wash the stupid away too because Daphne was right. I was so stupid.