F O U R T E E N

Once we get to the hospital wing madam Pomfrey takes Harry and I spot Cedric's parents by one of the beds the curtain was drawn for privacy but Mrs Diggory had spotted me. She calls me over making me swallow nervously as soon as I get there I can't help but join the two as they cry, seeing Cedric's body up close it was horrifying.

I turn away not wanting to look anymore as Mrs Diggory wraps me in her arms, we stand there crying together as we take in the loss of the boy we had both loved so much.

Both adults leave me for a moment so that I can say goodbye to Cedric. I grab onto his cold and stiff hand, "I can't believe that I have to say goodbye to you." I sniffle, "thank you for everything Cedric, you showed me what true love was and what it was like to be loved unconditionally, you made my life better in so many ways and I'm going to be grateful to you forever. This last year we spent together was honestly the best year of my life and I don't know if I'll ever find anyone as perfect as you were. I love you Ced so much, so so much and I don't think I'll ever stop loving you. You were such a special boy you made me so much better and I just don't know how I'm supposed to live without you now." I cry and cry not being able to say anything else until Mrs Diggory pulls me from his body.

"T-they have to take him now." She tells me tearfully making me cry harder, "he loved you so much, all of the letters he sent to me were about you." She says trying to make me feel better, "I'm sorry." I cry making her shake her at me tearfully, "you made him so happy, thank you." She says wiping my eyes trying not cry herself.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

The common room is empty once I get back except for one person who stands when they see me enter. "Lyra." He says walking to me his face falling once he sees mine, I don't say anything instead I just wrap my arms around him and hold him close. "Please don't be mad at me anymore." I plead my voice weak from all the crying, his arms tighten, "I'm sorry." He apologies, "I'm sorry." I say, Draco and I had always been so close, the two of us not speaking this year was weird and it hurt I just hoped that things would work out for us in the future.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." I cry silently thorough Dumbledore's speech Daphne holding my hand tightly letting me know that she was there for me.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Are you going to be alright?" Daphne asks me, as we were all getting ready to go home for the summer. "You know that you can stay with me and my family." She offers making me smile and shake my head, "thank you but I'll be alright." She looks unsure, "where will you go?" I shrug, "I'll find somewhere." I assure her. I didn't know where I was going to go, Mr and Mrs Diggory had invited me to stay with them but I couldn't do it, it'd be too painful. I would find somewhere.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Harry?" I give him a small surprised smile as he approaches me nervously. "Cedric wanted me to tell you something." I feel my breath hitch, "h-he said that he loved you and to be brave." Tears spill over my cheeks as I listen to the last words Cedric had wanted me to hear. "Thank you." I whisper as I hug Harry, "I'm sorry." He mumbles quietly, "you have no reason to be." I assure him as I let go of him. "You stay safe now yeah?" He sends me a hesitant smile and nods, "you too."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra." My face drops as my parents approach me as I get off of the train, "what are you doing?" I ask them coldly, "we're here to take you home." I scoff and pull away from them, "I'm not going home with you." I wouldn't live with them not if my father could support such a vile man. "Lyra don't be ridiculous, you're coming with us at once." I match my fathers glare, be brave I remind myself. "No." I say adamantly, "you kicked me out of your house for nothing and I don't want to return." Mother pulls on his arm sadly, "let her go Lucius." She says sending me a sad smile.

I look to Draco who was watching me sadly and I beg him to come with me, he looks between father and I and he doesn't move I sigh and nod, "bye." I tell them turning around.

As I walk away I feel so free like I can actually breathe clearly now that a weight had been lifted the only thing I regretted was the fact that I wasn't able to convince Draco to come with me.