FORTY ONE

I literally spent all of my time studying, if I wasn't helping Olivia it was just me stressing about the newts,  they were called the nastily exhausting wizarding exams for a reason

I literally spent all of my time studying, if I wasn't helping Olivia it was just me stressing about the newts,  they were called the nastily exhausting wizarding exams for a reason. Fred and George had opted not to take them and I was starting to wish I had been as smart as them. The only difference was they had a plan of action for what they wanted in the a future, their shop was going to be huge I'm sure of it. They were already making money from it now at hogwarts and everyone loved their crazy ideas.

I wasn't really supposed to have a job in the future, other than be a housewife to whichever pure blood my parents chose for me to marry. It was supposed to be Adrian but that didn't quite work out not that I was complaining. I was much happier now, I was free to be whoever I wanted and whatever I wanted and it turned out I really liked helping people so being a healer sounded the best for me.

I didn't want to be an auror and spend the rest of my life fighting, I just wanted to help in ways that nobody had ever expected of me, I wanted to do whatever I could to distance myself from the way people believed me to be, away from my family's reputation.

"Lyra!" I jump from my book as someone yells my name,
"Olivia, shh." I smile noting the way madam pince was glaring at us. "Lyra, I did it! I got an e on my essay." I beam at her pride and excitement. "You did? That's amazing Olivia I'm so proud of you." I say sincerely, "thank you so much, Lyra my parents are so happy with me and it's all thanks to you." I shake my head, "it's all thanks to you smarty pants, now come to me whenever you need help yeah?" She nods with a grin, "yeah, also I took your advise and Mary invited me to sit with them at lunch."

"That's great! Have fun." I encourage glad that she was coming out of her shell. "Thank you." She says once more before running from the library. I shake my head before burying my face back into my herbology book.

"Lyra." I roll my eyes and peel them away from the text I was reading, "yes Fred?" He smiles at me making me smile back I couldn't help it, I just really loved his face especially his smile it lit up the whole room. "We just put a load of nifflers in Umbridges office, so we were with you the whole time ok?" I shake my head with a small laugh, "sure." I say glancing between the two before back to the pages of information that I wasn't a hundred percent certain on.

"Lyra." I try and ignore Fred whispering over to me as I write my practice answer down furiously trying to get it done within the time limit. "Lyra?" I resist answering and instead try to focus on the question, I couldn't get distracted but this was good practice I guess there was no one who was as distracting as the twins.

"Oi Fred I don't think she wants to talk to you mate." George says after a moment as he watches his brother continue to try and get my attention. "Hem hem." I glance up with an irritated glare. "What?" I snap making her eyes bulge at me for a second. "Sorry." I say begrudgingly as the twins smirk into their hands. "Where have the three of you been all afternoon?" She asks, "library." I say without missing a beat. "Are you sure?" I nod and hold my book out towards her, "you can check Miss I've been keeping a detailed time log so that I know which questions I'm not answering fast enough." I say confidently as she eyes it in surprise. "Oh...alright and the twins have been with you? I don't see any of their work."

"They've been helping me." I say calmly with a small shrug as her eyes narrow and she inspects us. "You see miss, I like to think that I'm a good boyfriend who helps his girlfriend when she needs it, even with something as dull as studying." Fred says throwing an arm around me making the toad then turn to George. "I like third wheeling I guess?" He shrugs making me snort which then makes Fred laugh.

"Why are you asking Miss is something wrong?" I ask in faux confusion and concern. "No, not at all." She way too quickly. "Very well continue studying but remember eight inches apart." She glares at Fred's arm around me, as soon as he removes it she humphs and sashays away.

"Lyra." He moans once he sees me go back to my work. "Fred." I imitate turning to him, "George." We both turn to George who shrugs, "I felt left out."  I laugh, "if you're bored converse with each other." I say before my book is suddenly ripped from my grasp. "Fred!" I whisper shout over at him as he smirks and holds it away from me. "Fred I need to study." He shakes his head and nods to George who grabs the rest of my stuff. "Come on George not you as well." He shrugs and sends me a wink.

"You guys I've got to study until I'm sure I'm ready, my herbology exam is tomorrow." I tell them but they don't ease up. "You're ready." I shake my head. "You don't know that." They smile, "we do." I just glance between them not knowing what to say. "Look Lyra we're doing this because we care." My eyes narrow, "yeah if you study any longer you're going to melt your brain and I'm sure Fred doesn't want a brainless girlfriend." I sigh as Fred shrugs, "I mean, I don't know Lyra is..." He trails off as he notices the way I look over at him.

"Ok just hang on one second." I look between them as they whisper, "ok then Lyra describe the appearance, diet and uses of the Venomous Tentacula." George says reading from the practice questions I had.

"Um, The Venomous Tentacula is a giant eyeless head with fangs, though the shape of its mouth tends to vary, along with many leaves surrounding it. These leaves are green and have stinging nettles. It also has many large vines for appendage, which may or may not also have separate heads of their own at the ends. And uh it expels venom from its shoots, and its spikes are deadly. Its bite is highly venomous and can easily stun or kill. Its juice is also a poison which is colourless and non lethal but when ingested causes those who drink it to have a burning sensation inside them, and will turn their skin bright purple in colour. And oh the leaves are also highly valuable potion ingredients. Also Occasionally, aside from biting, some forms of the plant can also fire spiky spore-like balls from their mouths at their targets."

I stop for a minute and rack my brain for more about the plant. "And they eat Chizpurfles, Doxies and Humans. They can be used as weapons...in potions or even as pets." I finish satisfied I have covered everything. "What textbook did you swallow?" They ask making me laugh, "so I got everything?" Fred smiles and leans forward to kiss me quickly. "You got more than you needed smarty pants."

"Yeah you're ready." They decide before pulling me up, "hey! Where are we going?" I ask as they pull me along, "to get you to relax, you need to have some fun." I scoff, "we're going to let you pick someone and we'll prank them." I actually grin now excited. "Really?" I ask eager I loved Fred and George's pranks I had always wanted to be in on one. "Of course, now who's the lucky person?" I grin, "Snape." I say without a second of hesitation, they smirk.

We get ready and position ourselves outside of the potions room, "ready?" I nod, and lift my wand through the small crack in the door, I quietly murmur the spell under my breath my eyes widening in joy once I see it work. The twins and I can't help the soft laughter at seeing snapes greasy midnight black hair switch to a vibrant pink. His face scrunches in confusion and he stands making his way to the mirror he had. Fred quickly covers my mouth as I let out loud laughter at Snapes reaction but he was too late we'd been heard.

Snape's now hot pink hair whips around his face as he turns to the door faster than I'd ever seen before, I quickly slam the door shut as the twins throw stink pellets in and mutter a locking charm before Fred grabs me, throws me over his shoulder and sprints away as the three of us laugh madly.