E L E V E N

"Miss Malfoy

"Miss Malfoy." I suppress a groan as Professor Moody stops me from leaving his class, "yes Professor?" I ask politely wishing that I could be anywhere but here. Professor Moody unnerved me, there was just something so off about him and it sent chills down my spine every time he looked at me.

"I just wanted to uh apologise for what I did to your brother." He says begrudgingly as though he'd been forced into it which seemed very likely. "Oh it's alright." I couldn't lie and say that Draco didn't deserve it but I still felt bad for him. "What did you mean when you said that you had hair curling stories of my father?" I ask before I can stop myself, "are you sure you want to know?" That makes me hesitate for a second, "yes." But ultimately I decided I needed to know the type of man my father truly was.

He nods for me to take a seat across from him and so I do so afraid for what he was about to say. As Professor Moody explains some of the maybe most horrific stories I had ever heard. I sit there wide eyed staring at him as he does not hold back on detail, a sadistic grin taking over his face as he really gets lost in the story. "Well I suppose that's enough." He says noticing the disturbance it had caused me, "y-yeah, how do you know these stories Professor?" His face darkens a second, "don't you worry your pretty little head on it." He says sending me that unnerving smile. I nod eager to leave, "ok we'll see you next lesson." I say quickly getting out of my seat, "my doors always open." He says with what I think is supposed to be a reassuring smile but it just makes me feel the opposite.

I run right into Daphne, "oh Lyra thank god I was looking for you." My eyebrows furrow, "you were?" She urgently grabs my arms, "Fleur asked Cedric to the Yule ball." I don't see much of an issue, "so?" It wasn't like Cedric was asking her. "Lyra keep up, shes part Veela she used her charm on him." Oh now I saw a problem. "You don't think he..." she shrugs and pulls me along, "I don't know but you know boys can't resist Veela charms." I couldn't lose Cedric not to her.

"Lyra there you are I need to talk to you." Cedric says appearing from merlin knows where. "What about?" I ask increasingly nervous, oh my god what if he was about to break up with me. "The Yule ball." I try to keep my face neutral not wanting to jump to conclusions but this was it he was going to leave me. "Oh what about it?" I ask, "go with me." He says pulling a bouquet of flowers from behind his back, I breathe out in relief and basically jump onto him. "Of course." I smile kissing his face multiple times making him giggle.

"You know the funniest thing just happened, Fleur asked me to go to the ball." He tells me, "I heard." His eyebrows raise, "you did?" I nod, "this is Hogwarts news spreads like wildfire here." He nods, I was surprised that Cedric had said no to Fleur since she was part Veela and all.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra." I look to Harry in confusion, "yes?" Why was he coming to talk to me. "You're a girl." My eyebrow raises and I nod, "wonderful observation Harry." He blushes, "I- didn't..." I laugh, "it's ok, what do you need?" He thinks his words over and then speaks, "how am I supposed to ask a girl to the ball?" Oh, I wasn't expecting that question now I really wondered why he was coming to me we'd only spoken once. "I'd say just go up to whoever you want to take and ask nicely." He seems unsure, "it may seem scary but the worst thing that could happen is her saying no and if that happens oh well I'm sure there's plenty of girls who'd like to go with you." He looks surprised, "really?" I nod, "of course, you're Harry Potter you just battled a dragon, which is very cool any girl would be lucky to go with you." He smiles, "thanks Lyra." I shake my head, "it's alright but I'd get a move on if I was you, you don't want someone else to ask her." He nods and then leaves.