THRITY

The next five days had been awful, I couldn't stand to be around anyone, quite a few of the Gryffindors had taken to calling me a slytherwhore, very classy, a few Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs joining in. Fred wouldn't really speak to me and neither would George. Daphne would, she was there for me but being honest, being around her just made me feel a bit worse because I knew that even though she wasn't saying it, I knew she agreed with everyone else. And so I took to spending my time alone. I couldn't really cry about it because it was my fault, I had done this to myself and there was no one to blame but me.

The only person I had seemed to make happy was Draco, but not for anything good. He just enjoyed the thought of one of the Weasleys being hurt. I had missed my brother though so I took his sudden burst of kindness. Adrian also tried to help but it just kind of made things worse.

I was walking out from class when I spot Fred, he's with George and our eyes meet, he clenches his jaw as she looks at me a mixture of something with sadness and annoyance but I couldn't tell what. I wanted to speak to him but the way he tore his eyes away from me and walked in the opposite direction told me it probably wasn't the best idea. "Oh look it's the Slytherwhore, better hide your man before she goes for him too." A Hufflepuff girl, I recognise as one of Cedric's friends giggles as her and her friend bump into me harshly making me drop my things. "Bet she didn't even care about Cedric." The other one chimes making my eyes water as I scoop down to collect my things. I notice others laughing at me and so I just turn around and go up the stairs to the astronomy tower.

I sit in my seat and lean my head on the railing as I cry, why was everyone being so mean to me? Yes I hurt Fred but I didn't do anything that bad for the whole school to gang up on me. The Ravenclaw girls just liked to gossip and branding me as a whore was rather exciting stuff for them so they couldn't help but spread it around. The Hufflepuffs too. Everyone knew Fred and George and so some were mad saying I shouldn't have lead two boys on at once, but I didn't not really. I didn't want a relationship with either of them at the time.

I sit there for I don't even know how long just staring out at the view, I duck under the railing to be on the other side to look down from the tower, I was so high up it'd be a disaster if I fell. I stand up as I grip the railing behind me tightly, I wondered how it'd feel to fall, would the impact kill me instantly or would I suffer? I mean it's not like I'd find out anytime soon but I was curious. I wondered if the snow below would soften the fall.

I let out a small laugh as I feel the wind whip through my hair, I didn't fly much but now I knew why everyone else loved it, the adrenaline gave such a rush and being so high up was indescribable, the view below was beautiful it made me feel truly alive. Just as I'm about to duck back into the tower not wanting to test my luck someone grabs me from behind making me jump. Thank merlin I gripped onto the railing tighter.

"Miss Malfoy what are you doing?!" For a second I had been scared that it was Umbridge, I'd been such a good job of staying out of her way and out of trouble. I'm instantly relieved to see it's McGonagall. I duck back into the tower to meet her wide eyes. "I was just enjoying the view." I shrug noticing how her face falls at seeing my own stained with tears. "Come with me." She says urgently dragging me along with her. "Am I in trouble Professor?" I ask making her shake her head at me as she sends me a warm smile.

She takes me all the way to Dumbledore's office, he looks a bit confused at our entrance until she goes over and whispers something to him. "Miss Malfoy what were you doing on the astronomy tower?" He asks me in a gentle tone. "I was thinking?" I reply really confused, "just thinking?" My eyes widen as I realise what they thought, "for merlins sake I wasn't about to jump." I tell them making Dumbledore smile and nod but McGonagall looks unconvinced. "I don't believe that you were going to, but we've decided to send you home." My eyebrows furrow, "home? Why?" They share a glance before smiling at me as though I were fragile, "over the past few weeks we've noticed your behaviour and think that you taking an extra week for your holidays would be beneficial." I look between them confused, "but I can't leave a week early I have to be preparing for the newts."

"You are a very bright young witch Miss Malfoy, you can afford an extra week." I nod a bit dumbfounded, "alright." I guess I was going home. "I've informed Sirius to expect you." I smile thinking of how I'd get to see him again, there'd been no way for me to contact him without risk of  compromising the order or his location. This extra week off school actually sounded marvellous. No one judging or calling me horrid names? No school work? Why had I been hesitant for this. I bet Sirius was bored out of his mind.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Sirius? I'm home." I call as I walk into his house. I glance into the doorway for a second to be knocked to the ground, I look down at the man I had landed on top of. "Oh sorry." I say that the same time he apologises. I take him in for a second feeling like I'd seen him somewhere before. "You-you're still on me." He says after a second making my face flush as I scramble to get off him. "Oh sorry." I say as he chuckles and shakes his head, "it's alright, I'm Bill." I take his outstretched hand with a small smile, I realise that he was a Weasley the oldest Weasley son."Lyra." He smiles at me, "Malfoy?" I nod, "nice to meet you Lyra, I've been here a few times for dinner but you were locked away in your room." I nod, "right I used to do that a lot." He shrugs, "well I mean at least I know you weren't avoiding me." I let out a small laugh.

"Do you know where Sirius is?" I ask realising that we were still holding hands, he sees what I had been looking at and we let them drop awkwardly a slight blush on both of our faces. "He's taking a nap I think, I'm not sure my mum wanted me to drop him some food off for him though." I nod, "do you want me to help you take your things to your room?" He asks looking at my luggage by my legs. "Oh it's ok I can do it." He lifts my trunk up anyways, "I'm sure you can but what type of gentleman would I be if I let you?" He winks making me smile slightly, "well thank you." I say as I lead him to my room.

"Lyra? I thought I heard your voice." I grin as Sirius appears at the doorway, "Sirius!" He laughs as I throw myself into his arms, "why're you back so soon trouble? I thought I told you to make smart choices." I shrug, "guess I didn't listen."

"Uh anyways I should get going now, but it was lovely to meet you Lyra, see you soon." I smile and nod at Bill, "it was lovely to meet you too, and thanks for helping with my trunk." He shakes his head as he smiles at me, then with a goodbye to Sirius he's off.

"Minnie told me that she's worried about you." I hold in a sigh, "I wasn't going to jump Sirius," I tell him, "jump from where?" He asks confused I groan at myself. "The astronomy tower." His eyes widen, "why does she think that you were going to jump?" I shrug, "she found me on the other side of the railing with a tear stained face."

"Jeez what's been going on trouble?" He asks making me sigh, "too much." I huff before pulling my hair up away from my face, which it was irritating. "Hold on what's that?" I curse myself in my head how had I forgotten that the mark on my neck hadn't fully faded yet. "What?" I ask feigning confusion, "oh no trouble, I gave my fair share of those to know when I see one." He smirks, "does this mean you and the Weasley finally got together?" I drop my head into my hands thinking of all the trouble this one hickey had caused me and how hurt Fred had been when he first saw it.

"A-are you crying?" He asks nervous after a second. "No." I sniffle making him sigh, he wraps his arms around me, "it's ok Lyra, how about we go down for one of our teatime talks?"