T W O

5 years later

"Honestly Draco, you should've listened to what Hagrid told you

"Honestly Draco, you should've listened to what Hagrid told you." I tell my brother who was currently in the hospital wing due to him being obnoxious and not listening. "Lyra do you not even care about me, it could have killed me." I bite back a smile at his dramatics, "well it didn't, you're fine Draco." He huffs and turns away from me, "Draco, come on don't be a baby." That doesn't seem to make him any happier, "oh no my poor little baby brother how are you even alive right now? Oh merlin the wound is terrible we should be getting emergency care." I overdramatise as I pretend to fuss over him making him giggle. "Stop it Lyra." He says through the laughter, "happy now?" He nods, "very." I grin, "wonderful, I'll see you later you big baby." I tell him making him roll his eyes, "don't call me a baby." I smirk, "or what you'll tell father?" That gets him, "very funny." He says sarcastically as I shrug, that's what he got for saying 'wait till my father hears about this.' Every two minutes.

I hurry out of the hospital wing not wanting to be late to potions, Snape was the worst professor to be late too. I halt at the sight before me, pressed up against the corridor was my boyfriend his lips locked with a Ravenclaw girl who was hanging all over him. I feel a mixture of anger and sadness brew as they continue blissfully unaware that I was stood watching. "Ok Emily, I love you but I have to go before-"

"Before what? Your girlfriend sees?" I question watching how he turns to face me wide eyed, "Lyra, w-what are you doing here?" He asks making me scoff, "in the corridor, which is open for anyone to see? I'm watching my ex boyfriend get his face sucked off apparently." I shrug watching his eyes widen further, "ex?" I nod, "Lyra-"

"It's ok Adrian you've upgraded." Emily smirks at me as she drapes an arm over Adrian who shrugs her off, "shut up Emily, Lyra you can't, I love you." I shake my head with a laugh. "If you loved me you'd be faithful to me not with this." I say gesturing to the girl beside him. "He said he loved me." She boasts making me smile amused, "he also just said that to me so you're not special love, he couldn't even make the effort to find a broom closet." I tell Emily pitying her slightly, she gasps offended and then tries to hex me which I deflect back to her, laughing into my hand as red boils take over her face and she screams. "Might want to get those checked out." I offer, "Lyra..." I shake my head and try to pull my arm from his grasp, "unless you want to be next let me go." He does so with a sad sigh, "bye Adrian have fun with Evelyn." I say before turning around and walking away. "It's Emily." She calls out after me, "Ok Emma."

Once I'm gone from their view I allow myself to cry, it hurt knowing the boy you had loved and devoted yourself too could just cheat on you like that, find another girl to whisper the same lies he would tell you. What had I done wrong? We were so happy at least I thought we were did the two years we spent together mean nothing to him? Did I mean nothing? Was I not enough?

My eyes widen as I realise the time and then I sprint to the potions classroom, "miss Malfoy, I suggest not cutting it so close next time." Snape drawls as I enter the room and take my seat, Fred and George come running in just a second after I do. "Weasleys it would do you well to learn how to be punctual, ten points from Gryffindor." Fred and George don't seem too phased as they take their seats.

"Oi Malfoy, have you been crying?" Fred whispers over from his seat beside me, "shove off Weasley." He raises his hands and moves away. We get on with our assignments, my potion going rather well, until it blew up in my face. I hear the laughter from a certain set of twins letting me know what had gone wrong, usually the twins pranks didn't bother me, I didn't take it personally because they pranked everyone. I found them rather amusing actually but not today. Not right now, it just made me want to start crying, why was everything just so awful?

I do cry as soon as I leave the room, today was just horrendous everything was blowing up in my face, literally. "Hey Malfoy." I ignore Fred calling after me, "Malfoy, I'm sorry I thought it'd make you laugh." He says as he catches up and turns me around to face him, his face falling slightly at the tears. "Lyra." I pull away, "just leave me alone, please Fred." He does what I ask and so I turn away making my way to the astronomy tower.

"Oh sorry didn't know it was occupied." I hear a voice say making me turn to see Cedric a Hufflepuff boy from my year, "it's ok, you can sit." I shrug moving over, "do you come here often?" He asks me as he sits down beside me. "Sometimes, the stairs aren't easy to tackle regularly." I answer leaning forward against the railing. "Yeah, that's why I'm so glad you let me sit, I wasn't ready to go down all that again." He says making me laugh as I glance at him. "Have you been crying?" He asks me noting the shiny teardrops on my face.

I nod and then face forwards again resting my head on my arms, "I'm sorry." I turn to him once more, "it's because of Adrian and Emily isn't it?" Well I guess news sure does travel fast here. I nod, "what a prat, you could do so much better." He tells me making me smile, "really?" He nods, "there's tons of guys who'd kill to be with you." That makes me laugh, "I'm being serious." I shake my head as I smile at him, "I think you've got the wrong girl."

"You are Lyra Malfoy aren't you?" He asks making me nod, "well then I've got the right girl, smart funny and beautiful? You're the whole package Lyra." I laugh again leaning into Cedric who begins to laugh with me, "what's so funny?" He asks, "no one thinks that about me." I tell him."I do."