SIXTY

"Owls!" I jump at Evangeline's shouting and run over to the window to see that there were indeed two large beautiful barn owls flying our way. "Daphne, owls!" I shout laughing as she runs from her room only to trip and fall right in front of us.

I take in a breath as I take my addressed envelope from the owls leg, I pet it fondly and hand it a small treat from the ones we kept by the window. "I-I can't untie it." Daphne huffs as she struggles with her owl, I laugh and undo it for her. "Stupid owl." She huffs snatching the envelope after the owl bites her. "Yeah fly away!" She yells out of the window making me shake my head as Evangeline giggles.

"Ready?" I ask taking in a breath, "no but when have I ever been?" She questions, "oh wait!" She says making me jump. "What?" I ask trying to calm my erratic heartbeat, "we promised Mrs Weasley that we'd open them with her." She reminds making me nod, "oh yeah."

We quickly get to the burrow, where Mrs Weasley greets us eagerly, "oh go on girls." She encourages as hesitate with the results. Pulling myself together and ignoring the pit in my stomach I slip the parchment from the envelope and quickly read over my results.

NASTILY EXHAUSTING WIZARDING TEST RESULTS

PASS GRADES:                                FAIL GRADES:
Outstanding (O)                                 Poor (P)
Exceeds Expectations (E)                  Dreadful (D)
Acceptable (A)                                  Troll (T)

Lyra Malfoy has achieved:

Charms                                                                     O
Defence Against The Dark Arts                                O
Herbology                                                                 O
Potions                                                                      E
Transfiguration                                                         O

"Did you?" Daphne and I both ask each other as our heads snap up at the same time, we both nod bright smiles taking up our faces as we squeal and jump up and down holding each other's arms excitedly. "Bloody hell can you keep that racket down?" Ron says as he enters the room rubbing at his tired eyes as he hadn't fully woken up yet.

We're both way too happy to listen to him, "oh girls I'm so proud of you, well done!" Mrs Weasley beams pulling us both into her arms as she kisses our cheeks. "Wow we're smart." Daphne says as we switch results to see what the other had got. I'd been so nervous that I hadn't passed potions, since I'd taken the exam after Sirius's death when I hadn't been able to focus on anything properly. I was sure I had tanked it but I guess I had gotten lucky.

"So proud! We're going to have a big dinner to celebrate." Mrs Weasley says making me blush as Daphne beams, "thank you!" We tell her in unison, "oh I've got to go and apply at St.Mungos right now, you don't mind watching angel do you?" I ask Mrs Weasley apologetically. "No no of course not, off you go but be sure to be back on time for dinner." I nod and kiss her cheek goodbye waving at the others before I leave.

I grin once I arrive at the hospital to see it wasn't as busy as it was going to become and I felt a sense of relief knowing I had been one of the first to arrive. We had been required to apply for the position before hand with our predicted grades but we were meant to turn up on the day we got our results so that they could interview us and accept us properly with our achieved grades.

We also got to pick our mentors and it was first come first served which is why I had to come as soon as possible to ensure that I got madam Pomfrey so that I could do what Dumbledore had asked of me. I was kind of nervous because it'd be my first official mission as a member of the order.

"Hi, you're here to secure your position as a healer?" I nod at the nice woman who greets me at the desk. She looked fairly young like she wasn't much older than myself and she was really pretty. "What's your name?" She questions kindly brushing one of her dark brown curls from where it'd fallen in the way of her face. "Lyra Malfoy." I answer unfortunately noticing the way she winces at my surname. "Nice to meet you Lyra I'm Marianne Campbell."

"Alright well you come with me." She instructs picking up some forms and a clipboard before leading me over to an office. "So Lyra, your grades?" She asks still exhibiting her kind smile from earlier, I smile nervously and hand them over. "Wow you're a clever girl Lyra." She praises as she looks them over, "thank you." I say politely not really liking compliments they made me feel awkward, my parents were really smart and it had been no surprise to them to find that had been passed down to both Draco and I, he was actually probably smarter than I was I just worked harder. "They're better than mine were." She continues sending me another smile, "I had to do a foundation year." She tells me with a slight grumble making me nod, not really knowing what to say.

"Nevermind that now, gosh sorry sometimes I talk too much, don't be shy if you need to tell me to shut up." She says making me nod along again knowing I'd never tell her to shut up. "Anyways back to the matter at hand, your grades are fantastic, which division would you like to work under?" She asks as she scribbles away on the clipboard, "oh um I'm not really sure, but I think I'd like working with children." Marianne beams up at me at that, "that's my division, I'm actually the head children's healer, I got promoted last month." I grin at her, "wow that's amazing congratulations." She beams.

"Ok so that's almost everything but now you need to pick your mentor." She says sliding over her clipboard to show me a few dozen different healer names with a variety of names already below them. "Madam Pomfrey please." I say making her nod and fill my name in, "that's a good choice, it's a good thing you got here early because she only accepts four trainees and well she's always in high demand, two slots have already been taken."

"However, you only train at Hogwarts for three of your six days and so you must also pick a St.Mungo healer to train you during your time here." I nod and don't even glance back down at the list, "oh well could I please pick you?" She looks stunned as if those were the last words she had expected to hear leave my mouth. "Me?" She repeats in disbelief, "yes please, if it's no problem."

"Oh that- that's no problem at all, you're actually the first person to voluntarily pick me, last year no one picked me." She says making me frown slightly, "that's their loss, I'm excited to work with you." She smiles at me gratefully and nods, "I'm excited to work with you too, it's going to go great." I nod, "nice to meet you Lyra, I'll be in touch via owl to give you rest of the details, but you're free to leave now." She grins stamping the forms with a big red stamp that read 'approved.'