SEVENTY THREE

I told Dumbledore about Draco, I didn't know what else to do and Dumbledore would, he could help. He said he already knew and that he wasn't entirely sure on what to do either but that he was handling it and he could find Draco somewhere safe if I convinced him to leave Voldemort.

That was going to be so hard because he was so scared. I was also instructed to not tell anyone else, especially not Harry who already had his suspicions I didn't want to lie to him but I also didn't want him to know either because I knew he'd probably go after Draco himself.

Speaking of Draco he hung out with me a lot now, and he'd usually stay the night with me just like he used to when we were kids and he was afraid to sleep. This whole situation was killing me, I couldn't do much to help him but I couldn't just abandon him. I'd warned him that if he stayed at the manor there may come a time I may be unable to help him but I just didn't think it'd be so soon.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Have you got far with your task?" I ask my brother as he sits beside me on the astronomy tower, he shakes his head a somber expression on his face, "it's ok, you'll do it soon." I say taking his hand in mine, "I don't want to do it." He whispers, "you don't have to, just come with me please, I'll keep you safe, we can use the fidelius charm and I'll be the secret keeper no one will find you then because I'd never give up that information." He looks like he's debating it but he shakes his head, "Draco come on you know that it's impossible for anyone to find you if we use the fidelius charm, they would never know where you are not unless I told them and I wouldn't."

"No lyra what about mother?" I loved my parents and I didn't want them to die but if I had to pick between them and my brother I'd pick him always, they'd loved their lives and they'd ridden them with mistakes which the consequences were now being pushed onto Draco. I didn't want them to die but I wanted Draco to live. "Maybe she'll come with us." I suggest, "and father?" There was no way he'd leaves Voldemort's side, our father was utterly consumed with fear for the tyrant and I knew there was no chance he'd leave.

"Do we really need father? You mother and I is good enough isn't it." He gives me an unimpressed look. "I can't risk it Lyra, it's not just my life on the line, it's mother's, fathers and even yours." I open my mouth to respond but he beats me to it, "can we please just stop talking about it? I want this off my mind at least for a short while." I nod.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask leaning forwards against the railing of the tower. "Did you miss me? All the time we spent apart?" He asks hesitation clear in voice also a hint of fear, as though he were afraid to hear the answer. "Of course I missed you, don't be silly you're my brother, my baby brother I'll always miss you." I say wrapping an arm around him, he smiles and leans into me.

"I love you Draco more than you know." He closes his eyes and rests his head on my shoulder I see him trying to keep his tears at bay. "I love you so much and like I promised you always have a place with me, I have a room waiting for you back at my home." That makes him start crying. I don't say much I just try and whisper words of comfort to him as I let him cry. "I'm so sorry for all of this Lyra." I shake my head and wipe his tears away, "you don't need to apologise to me."

"What has it been like? Living alone?" I smile at him noticing how he wants to change the subject and so I tell him about my crazy household with my crazy roommates, I smile as I notice him laugh along with me genuinely.

"Oh sorry." We both turn at the sound of a voice, it's a Slytherin girl in Draco's year, she's startled to see us here. "Hi." I smile as I notice the look in Dracos eye as he watches her. She's really pretty and kind I remember seeing her around school she always had a smile on her face.

"I'll uh go." She says pushing strands of her shoulder length hair from her face as she lifts her glasses which had slid slightly down the bridge of her nose, her cheeks dusting a light pink as she notices my brothers unwavering stare on her. "You like her!" I exclaim as soon as she's gone he turns around and shoves me.

"I do not! Keep your voice down." He tells me quickly ducking his head over the staircase to make sure she hadn't heard, "you do." I persist making him turn around all annoyed at me. "It's ok to like her Draco, she's really pretty and I remember that she's nice." He smiles slightly, "she is." He murmurs under his breath but I heard him.

"Awww you're so cute, you'd be so cute." His smile drops and he shakes his head, "I can't." He says as though something had dawned on him, "why not, I'm certain she likes you too."

"I don't want to put her in any danger." My smile also drops, "Taylor deserves to be happy and to be safe." I look at him sadly and grab his hand, "oh Draco it's ok." My heart hurt, he liked this Taylor girl and he shouldn't have to worry about such things, he was so young and he deserved to be able to worry about girls and get a girlfriend without fear for her safety.

"Maybe one day." He shrugs I nod and smile encouragingly, "one day."