EIGHTY ONE

"Noah I have to go

"Noah I have to go." I say trying to pull my arm out of his grip praying so hard that Fred wouldn't come to my room, I really could not handle if a fight broke out right now.

"Wait Lyra I-" I shake my head, "Noah no, let go we're gonna talk about this later." He sighs and drops my arm taking a step back, I turn to him trying to think of how to reject him nicely, I didn't think of him that way I never had and I don't think I ever would. Besides I wanted him and Spencer to get together. Oh my god Spencer, he would be so crushed if he ever found out.

"Lyra?" I close my mouth with a sigh and shake my head leaving Noah alone as I greet my boyfriend forcing a smile to my face when really my mind and my heart racing, afraid that he knew what had just happened. I try and shake off the look of confusion he gives me once I dodge the kiss he tried to give me, it just felt wrong like I needed to go and scrub my lips first, I felt so dirty.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra dear, merry Christmas!" Mrs weasley beams pulling me into her arms. "Merry Christmas!" I beam back as she kisses my cheeks. "Oh I swear you just become more and more beautiful every time I see you." She says making me giggle. "Thanks Mrs Weasley."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

I'd been spending time with fleur and Evangeline, it seems other than Bill and I, Evangeline was the only other person who would spend time with the french girl, but right now I was making my way to the kitchen to get Evangeline some juice.

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock-" I see the twins right outside the kitchen just about to enter at the same time as me, my eyebrows furrowing at Harry and Ron's conversation.

"I beg your pardon?" Fred asks as we enter the kitchen to see Ron and Harry sat at the table a pile as big as a mountain of sprouts before them. "Interesting conversation you got going there boys." I hum making Ron blush a bright red which makes his older brothers snort, "yeah that'd be your favourite topic wouldn't it?" My mouth drops for a second at Harry's words which make the other three boys erupt into laughter.

"Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them." Fred teases making his younger brother scowl, "I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time," Ron tells us grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," George starts, sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his feet up on it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a -whoops-a-daisy!" His leg had 'accidentally' knocked Ron's arm causing the boy to slice his thumb. "You made me do that!" Ron scowled angrily, sucking his cut thumb. "You wait, when I'm seventeen-"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," Fred yawned worsening the younger weasleys mood. "And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald," said George, "what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called - unless our information is faulty - Lavender Brown?" Ron turned a little pink, but did not look displeased as he turned back to the sprouts. "Mind your own business."

"What a snappy retort," Fred smirks. "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was . . . how did it happen?"

"What d'you mean?" Ron asks them confused, "Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!" Mrs. Weasley entered the room just in time to see Ron throw the sprout knife at Fred, who had turned it into a paper airplane with one lazy flick of his wand. "Ron!" She started furiously. "Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!"

"I won't," said Ron, "let you see," he added under his breath, as he turned back to the sprout mountain.
"Fred, George, I'm sorry, dears, but Remus is arriving tonight, so Bill will have to squeeze in with you two."
"No problem," George shrugged.

"Then, as Charlie isn't coming home, that just leaves Harry and Ron in the attic, and if Fleur shares with Ginny-"

"That'll make Ginny's Christmas," Fred muttered over to George and I. "-everyone should be comfortable. Well, they'll have a bed, anyway," said Mrs. Weasley, sounding slightly harassed.

"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face, then?" asked Fred. Mrs. Weasley turned away before she answered. "No, he's busy, I expect, at the Ministry."

"Or he's the world's biggest prat," Fred says, as Mrs. Weasley left the kitchen. "One of the two. Well, let's get going, then, George."

"What are you two up to?" asked Ron. "Can't you help us with these sprouts? You could just use your wand and then we'll be free too!"

"No, I don't think we can do that," said Fred seriously. "It's very character-building stuff, learning to peel sprouts without magic, makes you appreciate how difficult it is for Muggles and Squibs,"

"And if you want people to help you, Ron," added George, throwing the paper airplane at him, "I wouldn't chuck knives at them. Just a little hint. We're off to the village, there's a very pretty girl working in the paper shop who thinks my card tricks are something marvelous . . . almost like real magic. ..." pretty girl? I glance at Fred with my eyebrows slightly furrowed, he shakes his head reassuringly, Fred and I had been trying to think of a way to get Daphne and George together, both of them so painfully oblivious that it was proving difficult, very difficult.

But I had kept plenty of men away from Daphne and I had assumed Fred was doing the same to George. "Anyways we'll be off now, have fun with the muggle work." Ron shoots me a pleading look at his brothers words, "fine I'll help." I say reaching for the wand up in my hair, "oh no you won't, they need the character building." Fred says swiping my wand before my fingers could even reach it. "Well Ickle ronnikins does anyways." Ron glances at me once more.

"That's enough teasing from you, give me my wand and get going to your pretty girl." I say making him smirk, "jealous are we?" I scoff and roll my eyes, "as if, don't think too much of yourself." His smirk is unmoving. "Aww I'm flattered but you don't need to be jealous baby, George is the one who finds her pretty, you're the most beautiful girl in the world to me."

"Yeah yeah, my wand?" I ask holding my hand out, "why do you always stick up for him?" He whines making me roll my eyes, "because you're always harassing him." I reply making Ron grin appreciatively in my direction.

"He threw a knife at me Lyra." I make a face of mock surprise, "oh you poor baby," I say making him give me an unappreciative look, "you didn't get hurt and besides if you don't give me my wand back I'll throw a knife at you." He looks as though he's thinking it over before he leans down towards me.

"Sorry love no can do but you should leave your hair down, you looks extra pretty with your hair down." He murmurs kissing my cheek before he quickly runs off with George my wand still clutched tightly in his hand.

"Fredrick Gideon Weasley you better give me my wand back right now!" I shout out after him, "love you!" He yells over his shoulder as he and George run across the yard their laughter being heard for miles. "Idiot." I mutter understand my breath watching his retreating figure unable to stop the ghost of a smile flickering onto my lips.