SEVENTY FIVE

I groan hearing yet another commotion outside of my bedroom, I miss the days when it was just Daphne and I living here

I groan hearing yet another commotion outside of my bedroom, I miss the days when it was just Daphne and I living here. "I am going to kill you all!" I shout after they grow louder forcing me out of bed. "It was Noah." They all say simultaneously without a second of hesitation.

"He broke the tv." Evangeline pouts making me turn to glare at said boy, "it was an accident!" I grab the pillow from the couch beside me and start attacking him with it, "today was my one day to sleep in and you ruined it."

"I'm sorry!" I drop the pillow and glare at him, "go and get the tv fixed, Spencer go with him." I instruct, Noah smiles at Spencer who avoids his eye and looks at me as though I just tried to drown him, "can I go too?" Evangeline asks making my eyebrows furrow, "why?" She shrugs giving me a smile, "I like going to the shops." Spencer nods eagerly not wanting to be alone with Noah, "yes, you can come with us." She beams and I just shrug and head back to my room.

I get out of my bed once more unable to fall asleep again and decide to leave, "hi Lyra-"

"Hi George, bye George." I say before walking straight into Fred's room where I knew he'd be sleeping. Unlike George he wasn't a morning person and he loved to sleep for as long as he could. "Lyra what are you doing?" He asks half asleep, "shh we're sleeping." I say crawling under the covers and curling up beside him. He shrugs and pulls me closer wrapping me up in all of his warmth making me smile as I lean my head on his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat my eyes beginning to drop.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"How was your day out?" I ask Evangeline when Spencer walks through the door with her on his shoulders, "so much fun! Spencer got me another dragon teddy to be friends with my other one and I called her Lyra look." I smile at her excitement, "that's great." She nods asking Spencer to let her down so she could introduce her new teddy to her old one and show it to Henry and Paddy both of whom could almost always be found together recently.

"And how was your day?" I ask Spencer who flops down beside me he doesn't say anything instead dropping his body on my lap, his head nestling in my arms, "where's Noah?" I ask making him huff, "he met a girl and you know how he is." I sigh and pat his cheek. "It'll be ok." I assure him kissing the top of his head. "Oh, hello." I look up at Fred's voice and smile at him although I notice he's not smiling back.

I look down and see what his eyes were fixated on, oh right I was holding Spencer in my arms, he jumps up his eyes wide. "H-hi." Fred still doesn't smile, "this is Spencer, and Spencer this is Fred." I introduce, "oh it's nice to meet you, Lyra never shuts up about you." He smiles sweetly, but Fred's jaw refuses to unclench, "yeah I bet." I shoot him a look as Spencer looks away awkwardly, "I-I have things to do so I'll see you later." He says leaving hurriedly.

I turn back to Fred who runs a hand through his hair as he paces, "Fred." He ignores me for a second before stopping abruptly and turning to face me, "what were the two of you doing?" I shake my head, "nothing, we were just sat on the couch." I say disbelievingly, "it was just innocen-"

"It didn't look very innocent to me." I try not to sigh because I see where he was coming from, I knew Fred tended to get pretty jealous too so I wasn't going to hold it against him. He was a passionate person who could let his emotions get to him.

"Fred I swear it was innocent as can be, Spencer's going through some personal problems right now and I-"

"You what? You think giving him kisses will make him better?" I stop and stare at him for a second my mouth agape, "I... Fred it didn't mean anything they were friendly forehead kisses, I'm an affectionate friend Fred you know this. I was always affectionate with you even when I was with Cedric but I never even thought of cheating not once. Affection is how I comfort people."

Neither of us say anything, we both just watch each other before I turn around and walk to my room. "Lyra don't walk away from me."

"Sorry I just didn't feel like arguing in the living room where everyone can hear us." I reply as he follows after me. "Fred I don't know what to say, Spencer is just a friend and you know that you're the only person that I love."

"How do I know that? I hardly see you anymore, you spend a hundred hours a week at work with three boys just to come home to them." My eyebrows furrow, "I thought you didn't mind them living here?" I ask confused when I had told him he had taken the news so much better than I thought he would've. "I see you one day a week, I don't know what I'm supposed to think."

"Fred... you're supposed to think that I'm your girlfriend who you love and trust and I want to see you more, I do but I can't help the long hours I get given. And it's not forever. Long hours are only temporary, once I've completed my training you know the hours will be shorter." He doesn't say anything. "Fred I love you." I say moving closer to him.

"You're my girlfriend." I nod, "I know that." He takes a hold of my chin and tilts my head up, "are you sure or do I have to remind you?" He murmurs against my lips not giving me any time to reply as he's already got his lips on mine.