FIFTY EIGHT

"Ron's not even funny though, George and I however-" I sigh having listened to this for long enough, "Fred stop it or no cookies for you." Evangeline smirks at him crossing her arms and everything making me laugh as Fred looks at her and then me in disbelief. "She's a little-" I send a glare his way making him stop in his tracks.

"Cookies!" I say clapping my hands trying to get their attention off each other. "Are you going to help me or not?" Evangeline pushes past Fred making me laugh as he watches her in disbelief once again as he mumbles something under his breath.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra?" I turn to see what Evangeline had wanted to say to me after putting the cookies in the oven. "You have some flour on your face." She says pointing to her own nose, "do I?" I ask dotting some on hers, "now we're matching." I say as she giggles. "Well what about me?" Fred asks looking between us with a smile. "You're not special enough." I say making his jaw drop as Evangeline giggles at his face. "Oh sorry I forgot I'm not Ron." He says sarcastically smiling at the girl. "You're just jealous of him." Evangeline says making me quickly stifle my laughs into my hand as my boyfriend shoots me an accusing look.

"You know I'm starting to think someone has a little crush on Ronnikins." Fred says making Evangeline's face flush bright red.

"I do not!" She protests pouting at him, "oh I think you do." He continues making me sigh, why was he arguing with a four year old? "Fred leave her alone." I say as he continues with the teasing, which just riles her up more. He ignores me until she fills her small hand with flour and chucks it at him, I laugh loudly at the shock on his face as it gets covered with the powdery substance. "I'm going to get you now." He says running after Evangeline who's squealing with laughter as she runs as fast as her little legs will take her, trying her hardest to get away from him. Her laughter increases once he scoops her up and throws flour over her, the two starting a mini food fight.

"Ok I think that's enough now." I say with a small laugh making them smirk at each other before they come running for me. "No! No!" I laugh trying to escape them, I don't get far before Fred has wrapped an arm around me and pulled me back into his chest. He lifts Evangeline onto the counter and holds me in place as they laugh and rub flour all over my face. "That's not enough." Fred says grabbing an egg and smashing it over my head. I shiver as the cold gooey yolk runs down me, "Fred that's not funny!" I gasp in disbelief, "I don't know I thought it was eggsellent." I cant help but laugh along with the other two glad that all the tension between Fred and I was gone from our conversation earlier.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"She's cute I guess." Fred admits after we put Evangeline down for a nap, I nod feeling my eyes sting as I watch her pull her dragon teddy closer to her. "Lyra?" Fred asks following me from the room as I begin to cry, I felt like I cried so much, but I can't help it, I feel so sick.

"Lyra what's wrong?" He asks softly grabbing onto my arm to stop my walking, "I ruined her life." I say, "her dad, her grandad are dead because of me, she's never going to see them again and it's all my fault." He looks at me sadly as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. "It's not your fault, Lyra it's not." He assures me as he kisses my forehead, but he was wrong.

Now I knew how Harry felt, having someone die for you was the worst feeling in the world. Knowing that they'd never do anything, that their lives had been ripped from them because of you, sucked bad. "I didn't deserve it Fred, I'm not worth it." Evangeline deserved to have her family she deserved to grow up with her father.

I know that I made a promise but having her around hurt too because she was a constant reminder of what had happened. And when she'd tell me stories about her dad or her grandad I'd always feel sick with guilt, how could I sit there with her knowing that she'd never get a kiss goodnight from her dad or a bedtime story from her pop pop, how was I supposed to tell her that they were never coming back?

"You are worth the world Lyra Malfoy."

I low-key struggled w this chapter because I've got such a bad writers block so I apologise if you don't like it hahah 🤦🏽‍♀️ but I hope I get over it soon because I really love writing this haha and I have a lot of ideas for later chapters just not the upcoming ones 😅