XXIII

" don't go alone with him "

selena repeatedly was chanting the same line.

" even if he had something to do with the elder Sabrina's death . he is my mate, he won't do anything to me . he can't , so i need you to go into his office find something or anything on him ? his office is a restricted area, i am sure we can find something there. "

selena nodded her head processing her alpha's command.

" this is the only chance we have selena so don't make any mistakes. leave immediately if you find anything a little odd , since no one will be there, Charlie is also not allowed to go around that wing of the palace. " grace said knowing that alexander won't be at home either. he goes out early every morning and doesn't return until midnight .

as for others there was a little hassling going around the pack border since yesterday incident . so everyone else is busy with that. giving her perfect opportunity.

a knock on the door suprised them a little breaking their conversation in between.

" come in " grace answered in a polite way grabbing the nearest book from the shelf .

Charlie opened the door bowing his head down as a greeting before speaking up.

" Miss, master is waiting for you downstairs "

" i will be down in a minute charlie "

with that being said Charlie nodded as he turned back leaving them alone.

" mindlink me, if anything happens " grace whispered before making her way out of the room.

she walked down the large staircase escalating down to the hall where he was standing by the dinning table packing down few of the eatables in the basket .

" you're late " The man looked sideways at her. His voice was domineering but Grace didn't even flinch and immediately retorted.

" that's given " she blurted this out so confidently as if she was stating a certain universal truth, causing Dimitri to laugh a soft enchanting laugh. 'little wolf '

" remind me once again , why is that i am the one who is doing all this when it all was your plan? " Dimitri asked raising his eyebrow towards her.

" because you are a gentleman and you promised to help me with the set up since i don't know many places around here. " grace said looking straight at him.

his lips curved up in a devilish smile but it only lasted fr a second as he bent forward towards her whispering.

" gentleman?? i am sure that's the only thing i am not princess. now shall we? "

Dimitri asked putting one of his hand forward for her. she looked a little confused as her eyes wandered back to his face again.

He nodded a little making grace smile as she slides her hand in his. for all she could say this was so opposite of what he knows of him. why was he being all nice to her suddenly was the question running inside her brain.

the both walked past the huge gate to towards the black car parked in front as the driver opened the passenger seat door for her.

Dimitri looked back at the driver and that was all it took for him to leave them. grace looked a little confused at  what just happened.

Dimitri wordlessly moved and walked towards the driver seat and sat next to her.

" this is so unlike you!what are you upto Alpha king? " grace asked raising both of her eyebrows to him.

" well, it's what you asked of me? a proper date? haven't you? now where are we going? " he lazily asked as he leaned back on his seat.

" Mr. Alpha king, if you don't know we are already quiet late for what's called a picnic date, the sun will be setting any minute from now " grace said pointing to his watch which was showing 6:15pm as the current time "

his smile still didn't fade. she wondered why he was smiling. Why was he looking so happy and devilish at the same time ? Was there something else he had planned to do?

" i see, i apologize for the delay , pack duties ! "

without any further delay Dimitri drove the car to some unknown destination. silence was surrounding both of them. grace didn't dared to say anything because she was liking this calm atmosphere .she was thinking about what if alpha king Dimitri was really behind elder Sabrina's death .what would she be doing then? he is her mate but she has responsibilities towards her pack too .for all she was hoping for was all this to be her misunderstanding .

as for whatever dimitri was planning this time on the name of date was going perfectly as he wanted it to but deep down his wolf had grown a litte accustom for this girl maybe because of the mate bond. the more he is around her the more calm and relaxed he feels .

it's only a matter of time that this war between his demons and his wolf  will come to an end .

the car stopped at an open green land with few trees around it . by the time they reached, it was almost dark. they both walked out of the car.

grace turned around a little confused at dimitri but he was no where to be seen. she looked everywhere but not a single trace of where he went .

she tried calling out his name louder but only silence followed saying she was panicking will be an understatement.

the woods and forests which used to calm her and her wolf down was doing the opposite of it. with every second passed her heart beat was getting louder. she felt like someone was staring at her but when looked around there was nothing in sight. 

her heart was about to burst as a twitch of wood landed in her ears . her wolf was almost on surface sensing her fear