XLIII

" He - he massacred the whole clan of Dehsota " Tyler voice was fearful as his lips trembled slightly remembering what he saw. His Alpha has just striked the first blow , that Dimitri just started the battle. will the odds be in their favor?. 

.(A/N : Dehsota in the book is one of the four oldest clans that supported the Heaven lord , since the beginning , Archangel being the second followed by Goolen and the fourth one being senteres )

Alex walked hastily at lightning fast speed making his way upstairs . he knew something like this will happen sooner or later and although he had prepared for the worst that's going to come but still he can't help but worry.

When he reached the room, a man in white was leaning by the wall right next to the door .

It was Dimitri. He didn't move from his spot until Alex stood in front of him.

Their eyes met before Alex's eyes fell on the dagger scars in his chest. these were not simple wound but it was laced with poison . His blank expression immediately sharpened as he looked at Dimitri intently, looking for signs, any sign at all, that would tell him whether there were more. Once he was done surveying the situation, Alex grabbed Dimitri by the collar and pinned him against the wall, hard.

"What is the meaning of this? Huh, Dimtri ?" the oh-so-calm and unfathomable Alex looked so angry. The knuckles on his fists, which were holding on to Dimitri's collar tightly, turned white as Alex glared at this damn foolish man before him.

"Relax, Alex," Dimitri smirked, but then he quickly covered his mouth as he coughed. It wasn't a healthy sounding cough and when he took his hand away from his mouth, it was filled with his blood. Dimitri looked at his hand and then he wiped his mouth with his forearm, staining his hoodie red.

Alex gritted his teeth as he let go of Dimitri's collar. He watched Dimitri slide down the wall and sit on the floor, as if his superhuman strength had left him.

"Don't worry about me.You will go according to our plan and–"

"Ha!" Alex snorted. His rage was becoming more inflamed at each passing second as he thought about Dimitri and what he had just done. Alex then squatted before Dimitri so that their eyes were on the same level. "What makes you think that I would keep my promise and protect her when you're the one who broke our deal?!" He smirked devilishly.

Dimitri leaned his head by the wall, closed his eyes as the if he was in pain, and wiped the blood that dribbled from his mouth, with his wrist.

" aren't you glad? you wanted this?" Dimitri opened his eyes and smiled despite the pain, like he was enjoying Alex's angered face.

"Don't make me laugh! even if i want to torture you and want you dead , it should be my hands and do you really think killing a pawn is equal to killing the king .? "

"Of course not , little brother " Dimitri responded. " i had just made the king change his priorities. " he added with a smile and he coughed up blood again. Alex exactly knew what he meant . Dimitri had just entirely massacred one of the four clans made by none other than the almighty heaven king .

This is just like a suicide situation. He just gave an invitation of his own death . Even though Dimitri's plan was to end the heaven king but Alex never agreed to it. He volunteered to help him just to so that if things go out of hand he can take Dimtri and run away somewhere safe .

"Stop playing around, Dimitri," Alex said, becoming more serious than ever. He couldn't contain his anger anymore. "Don't you dare think I will protect her now. You broke the deal. You were supposed to stay alive. That's all you had to do for me to stand beside you , but it seems you couldn't even do that! Useless!"

"I'm still alive, Alex. "

"Don't give me that bullish*t, Dimitri . You're dying! We both know it." Alex retorted, sounding sure as if he just said that the sun would rise in the East and set in the West. "Damn it, Dimitri ! how can you loose your emotions like this, we had a plan, a goddam plan, how the fu*k can you go ahead and ruin all this we set up. ! Why the hell did you let this happen to yourself ?! "

Dimitri finally looked at him with a serious gaze. He held Alex's shoulder and moved his face near his shoulder.

"Listen, Alex ...Nothing will happen to me . " Dimitri said as it looked like his usual dark self was back. he had let his wolf get dominated by his demons once again. the more he let his wolf out, the more faster the poison will spread into his body. so, this was the only way he could think of at the moment.

Alex stepped away from his grip, obviously not believing his words but what else could he do . suddenly the atmosphere around them changed, the smirk on Dimitri's face faded slowly as he gave Alex a long stare before finally speaking again

" You knew it, ! " Dimitri said calmly . He looked miserable.

" I do "Alex replied .There was a hint of anger in Alex's eyes as he looked at the injured man before him .

" I am sorry , Alex " Dimitri said in a gloomy voice, his eyes dimmed as his heart clenched in pain . he couldn't even imagine what Alex must had went through in that hell, in a place where he sent him thinking it will be safer for him . once again he had made someone he cared about suffer .

Alex stood there motionless, His heart accelerated within his chest as these were the words that he always wanted to listen from Dimitri and now he have heard it. its not soothing his wounded soul but its doing the opposite, all the pain and emotions that he buried were resurfacing once again.

" you are too late, brother " Alex mumbled as his eyes brimmed with tears and a bitter smile curved on his lips . he couldn't even bring himself to turn around and look back at Dimitri's face . none of them said another word for a long while until Alex finally walked away leaving the dejected Dimitri alone.

" we will talk later , i will call the coven's obeah(obeah is a witch doctor) " was all Alex said before he excused himself and walked away . Dimitri stood there for what felt like eternity for him.