XXXIII

Dimitri climbed off the bed after covering Grace with the warm blanket. He stared at his mate's face for a long while and then after a long pause , he kissed her forehead as he gazed down at her. He was glad that she finally fell asleep  . grace haven't said a single word to anyone since their little encounter with rogues .he remembered her shaking frame and teary eyes when they reached back to the palace . the girl was so scared that even afraid Dimitri to the core . he held her in his arms until she finally fell asleep  .

He then stood and walked towards the window and stared at the darkness outside. The unease he had been trying so hard to ignore was back again, and he wondered if this was the same feelings that were boggling his mate . He tried to calm himself, but it was not working . 

If only it was his wolf , he would have controlled himself but somehow even his demons have accepted this little wolf as their fate and this incident with rogues have just confirmed it to him that there will be no escape this time . 

These feelings for her were scaring him . he was very clear of these undeniable attraction he felt for her ,  knowing that this won't bring good for any of them  . 

his only wish was for her to be safe and breathing and for this he even went back on his words and accepted her as his mate in front of his entire pack knowing that atleast at the end of the day , even in his absence there will be people protecting her .

Dimitri couldn't stop himself from wanting to take Grace away and ran away to a place no one could find. He could swear to protect her with all he had. He would be willing to give up everything for her, that's the level of mess he was on at this moment . But he had two immortals to deal with. What if that unknown man will come after he while he was occupied ?  Even though his pack people and the others would be there for her, and even if Grace is not a mere immortal , was that enough to keep her safe? . and Amara ! he had to know more about her and her connection with Grace . and that damn prophecy ! there was only one person who could give him answers .  

For the first time in millenniums, Dimitri  tried to think about strategies again. Countless strategies formed in his head as he tried to simulate the best way for him to fight while making sure that Grace would be safe.

He didn't even notice how long he's been standing in that very same spot until he saw that colors began to appear on the horizon. He had come up with few best solutions, but his heart still remained ill at ease because he knew exactly what he had to do in order to make sure no one gets harmed neither her nor his people .

"Dimtri !!!" in the middle of his deep thoughts, Grace's voice suddenly echoed inside the room, jolting him.

he immediately turned and saw her already sitting on the bed.

"I'm here." He said as he quickly approached her. "Are you okay?" he asked when he noticed her heavy sweats and awful expression .

With a narrowed and worried look in his eyes, Dimtri's hugged her, gently rubbing her back to help her calm down. Once Grace's heavy breaths slowly calmed down, Dimitri pulled away and stared into her eyes. " nightmare? " . 

she finally nodded after a long silence . 

Grace looked at him for what felt like eternity . she then slowly remembered the incidents of last night , that man attacking him  and then fear jolted in her as she suddenly remembered sawing images of him lying lifeless in front of her covered in blood and a silver sword peircing his heart .  Grace broke down in cold sweat as she vaguely remembers the feeling of satisfaction and delight she got by it . 

she didn't knew what those images were and why she saw them but she can't get them out of her mind . her wolf haven't said anything to her since that moment . Grace's eyes wandered around, not daring to look at it his face  ,  shedding a tear in the corner of her eye and it didn't took a rocket science for Dimitri to know what is going in his mate's mind .

he was frozen for a millisecond as he heard her thoughts and Dimitri shut his eyes before his lips curved in a wicked smile . he leaned forward gently rubbing the tears off from her face . 

" Look at me, Grace . i am all okay and there is nothing that you will do that will hurt me . so just focus on me , Me !  who is here right now in front of you  " he told her. His voice became deeper again, hypnotizing her to obey.

" do you understand me ? " he asked her , his gaze was intense . At that moment ,he was too dangerous to look at . 

" you can go back to sleep , " he sighed . " i will be right here " he said and then he walked over and slouched his body on the couch .