VIII

" he - he simply walked past me?  ! "  Grace said to selina for the 3rd time in a little high volume . selena missed the party because of some pack matter .

" so you are telling me that - the most feared alpha king of wolves is your mate and he didn't grabbed or kissed you or took you with him as you had always read in cliche stories of an alpha meeting his mate???  " selena replied  , her eyes still glued on the laptop she was working on.

" yes - wait no no. he clearly knows that i am his mate but he didn't said anything.  did i just go dumped before it even started??  " Grace said worriedly.

'why didn't he said anything. is it that he didn't liked me  . was i not his style??  ' Grace thought of all the possibilities .  her thoughts were all filled with him.  the way he looked at her.  the way he smiled , his rosy red lips.

" what you are doing ?" Grace asked a little annoyed as selena was a little distracted while Grace was continuously blabbering about what happened. 

" your so called mate is breaking internet. his fan following is really no joke . " selena said while she continued typing something on the keyboard .

" what?  " Grace immediately retorted back.

" even after tight security someone secretly took his bulk of photographs and uploaded them on the internet and the alpha had given me the order to sort this out as soon as possible and remove any traces .  " 

Grace looked back at her with big widened eyes .  there was no media invited at today's gathering according to Dimitri demand and yet someone sneaked his photographs and sold them to media.

" The person really got some guts. " she murmured to herself. 

" Like what you saw " selina asked Grace,  who was staring at the screen filled with Dimitri's pictures .

" are you done with your work?  "  Grace asked .

" i dealt with the media who posted them.  they agreed to remove it and i created a virus that will trace all of the ip addresses of the ones who saved them or downloaded them.  it will be removed from there devices too. " 

" great job beta "  

" i will be back in an hour .  don't wander anywhere. the pack is still full of guests . the guards are outside if you need anything " selena said as she grabbed her things and walked out of the room.

-----

" is there anyone outside ?"  Selena asked for the 2nd time,  as her eyes wandered around the room and then at the empty water jug. 

she waited for a while but no one answered.  that was odd for her because normally the maids came around by first itself. 

Grace made her way towards the door . the whole corridor was empty and dark. there was no light and not a single maid nor guards. 

it's not normal .

" let me take control or stay inside  "

" what are you afraid of? who could break into royal palace. "  Grace replied back to her wolf.  she couldn't take the risk of letting alecia out .

she sighed and before Grace could process what happened a large hand covered her mouth and pushed her against the wall. her eyes widened as fear took all over her body .

Grace tried speaking but stopped abruptly after hearing his deep , husky voice. 

-----------------