XXV

Third person's pov  :

"so they never met again? " grace asked .her voice almost breaking down. 

Dimitri 's eyes slowly widened when he saw her eyes brimming with tears in it .

He couldn't explain it but those words, that look in her eyes and her voice at that moment made him feel like something shattered inside him, almost as if an intense quake had just shaken his world.

But the man remained silent. His eyes never left her face.  by this time grace already knew her answer. she wondered if this is gonna be the same for them.

" who told you this story "  she asked trying to change the topic and lighten the atmosphere. 

Upon hearing grace's question , Dimitri seemed to have been pulled out from his deep thoughts. His gaze snapped towards her and he cleared his throat, almost as if he too was hiding something at that moment.

"my father used to tell me bed time tales and this one was his favorite .," he then told her in his normal tone and expression.

saying that grace was surprised will be nothing but an understatement.  he never talks about his family . she only knew about his brother, Alexander. she had imagined every possibilities about his family . from death to him being orphan  .

" your father? "  she asked

she wanted to know more about him but for some reason, she felt Dimitri's mood was a little strange. 

" yes,  my father . Nicholas Nerull Anderson "

Grace shivered slightly releasing what he said .

Nicholas Nerull Anderson is the name written down on the pages of history . according to what is known,  he was the last god of death .

A fairytale of wolf falling in love with a demon king getting their happy ending . known to have two sons, elder one Demeter Nerulla Anderson(A/N dimitri in present)  and the younger one Alexander Nerulla Anderson .

once a happy family shattered in million pieces. there is no information about his heir or wife being alive.  his death is still a mystery to many.  people have their own stories and beliefs.

grace felt like her throat ran dry . she wanted to say something but she couldn't make words on this. 

" For the man,  who was termed evil isn't what he was. for all those who feared him of who he was . death is being the most cursed and feared by everyone . for all who lived regretting loving him,  he did right by me . for me he was my protector, my hero , my only friend . i will never grow to fit in his shoes , grace " 

Dimirtri's expression now seemed to be torn or pained or wary; she didn't know if what she was seeing was the real emotion he was feeling. his eyes were closed like was relieving some memories in his brain. 

she didn't knew how to comfort him. for all she knew was to give him some time.

They were both quiet again as grace was lying on his arm listening to his heartbeating.

she wondered if he was asleep .

"you grew up well " grace whispered slowly patting on his head. 

when she saw no change in his expression and posture.  she laid back down  staring at the star fulled sky.

" do you think,  we will end in the same way like the moon and Kuekuatsheu ? looking at each other from far?  " she asked looking at the moon shining brightly and beautifully.

she closed her eyes as a tear fell from eyes.

Silence then enveloped the large ground with both of them lying down with their eyes closed . as if each their thoughts were far away in outer space. 

after a long while,  when Dimitri opened his eyes again. He felt someone's presence but because he arm was stuck , he couldn't turn around to see who it was. He slowly and carefully tried to lift his hand but to his surprise, the little wolf was actually holding on to it tightly.

Letting out a sigh, Dimitri silently and slowly rose without pulling his arm away from her. In the end, he sat there in an awkward position as he looked at the three guys standing there, looking at him.

Two of the men were looking at him with wide surprised eyes, while one of them was expressionless.

"Dim- " One of them called out but he immediately clamped his mouth because of the sudden chilling gaze Dimitri threw at him as soon as he spoke