XXVIII

selena woke up to find herself alone in some white room . it was still blur and she was trying hard to keep her eyes open.  She blinked and looked around as she remembered what happened .

she was in Alpha Dimitri's office when some sort of creatures attacked her.  they outnumbered her . it was some vicious creatures with wolf body and snakes tail .Selena still remembers how foul there smell were.

She slowly tried getting up but was surprised by the number of needles and some sort of ECG attached to her body . she needed to go back to the pack to check if Grace was alright . ! 

unable to stand properly on her feet she took the support of the wall as she walked out of the room towards the corridor.  she was glad it was empty but she can't get out in these patient clothes. she needs to change... luckily there was an office on her left.

her head was still buzzing in pain and her wolf was injured. she changed into whatever pair of clothes she found first and grabbed the coat from the nearby hanger to hide her injuries. 

she sighed as she realized it was alpha Dimitri who saved her .

Her heartbeat accelerated as a slight sense of panic washed over her, mainly at the thought of Dimitri . how he killled those creatures within a blink. he didn't stopped at them only but mercilessly killed all those who went against him. 

it was a sight of nothing but blood and fear ,  there might also be a slight hint of worry for the Alpha king as she remembered him how they attacked him from behind knowing he will protect the pack wolf before anything.  but that's all she remembered from the last night and then she was here.

" stay put ,  wolf "

Alexander's voice echoed through the corridor . his voice gave shivers to selena. it held huge authority and beyond everything , it sounded familiar.

she turned around to meet with the beautiful pair of grey eyes.  it was so intense that she almost stepped back knowing who this person was. her fingers curled into a fist as if she was going to punch him into his face right there. 

" Lord Alexander " . Selena finally found her tongue and greeted him.

why was he here? what is he doing here? Selena's heart started pounding, as if she was some thief that had been busted in action. She couldn't move her feet.

She looked around as she realized that this hospital belongs to Anderson Enterprise ! . another sigh escaped from her lips as to why out of every place it have to be this! 

she stood confidently on her feet ignoring the pain coarsing through her body. 

Relax Selena, just act normally and he won't suspect anything. after all what you have done , there is no way he can realize that you are his mate . just walk by like a normal person visiting the hospital .

It is pretty normal to see a living person inside a hospital. isn't it? 

Selena's panic somehow started to dissolve as she did her best to stay calm.

The man was accompanied by some other men in expensive suits, who looked like they might be directors of this hospital, and he looked very respectable as always, like the noble, powerful man that he was. He was saying something while the men with him were nodding but his eyes were still on her.

selena , breathed silently and finally moved. She acted very normally and slightly nodded at him like how people usually do when they pass by someone they know, but aren't well acquainted with, on the street.

And then she started stepping away casually and quietly , however, she didn't even take five steps when,

" Miss Selena " Alex called her.

she jolted and stood frozen on the floor as his voice echoed in her mind. Her brain stuttered for a moment. Every part of her went on pause while her thoughts caught up.

She forced herself to think and moved her legs to turn. Once she did, she found that he was already standing right before her.

His stoic eyes were questioning her but no word left his lips. He simply glanced at the door where she came from. does he know her,  she prayed he didn't. she prayed he knew nothing about them.

"do you think,  with that condition of yours,  you will even make half the way to your pack.?  " he asked , his overbearing aura was intense that Selena felt a little uncomfortable. She felt like she was an elementary kid, talking to a strict and stoic looking principal.

"do we know each other? ," she managed to asked normally.

However, the man just stared at her. He was silent, almost as if he was waiting for more explanation. Or more like an investigator waiting for her to confess.

Selena already saw how aloof this CEO was but now that she was alone with him, she found it extremely challenging just to stand there and speak with him. His unfriendly aura and his lack of words was making it difficult for her to comfortably speak with him. No wonder those directors surrounding him a while ago looked really tensed. he was just like what she imagined to him be.  her lips twitched upwards as her thoughts wandered around him. 

"Uhm.  i will just take my lea-"

"i will take you there " he suddenly cut her off.

selena secretly swallowed. "Uhm. I can't possibly waste your precious time Mr. Alexander. I know you're here for a business matter so I'll just take a cab," she explained but the man suddenly walked away, passing her by.

"Let's go," he ordered as if he didn't hear what she just said . 

Selena felt her throat immediately run dry. She felt like her blood drained from her face but she desperately tried not give anything away.

she nervously walked into the direction he went away as the guards followed her.