XIX

THIRD PERSON'S POV  :

The sunlight was already streaming through the curtains, landing on Grace's eyelids. She creased her brows and rolled on the bed as her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the sunshine pouring through.

She thought that she was sleeping on her bed so she raised her hand and reached out for her alarm clock. When her hand didn't feel that bedside table where she always put her alarm clock on, grace forced her eyes open and what appeared before her was an empty space and the bedside table was still about a handspan away. 'Who moved my bedside table so far away?' she thought groggily as she lay back down on the soft bed. Then she looked up at the ceiling and said out loud, in a bewildered whisper, "this doesn't look like my room. "

Grace abruptly sat up and looked around and she was right; this was not the room she grew up in! Realization then finally dawned to her; that she was in a room inside Dimitri's house. She pinched her cheeks and a soft ouch escaped her mouth. It appeared that she wasn't dreaming. That was right, this was not a dream.

Everything that happened the day before flashed in her mind -The moment she thought about Dimitri, she immediately sprang up and out of the bed and dashed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. When she was done, she fixed her bed before leaving her room with a huge smile on her face. She was eager to see if he had came back and greet him good morning.

Grace skipped towards the large doors to his room like the happiest little kid in town. She was about to knock on his door but she hesitated.

What if he was still sleeping?

Maybe I shouldn't disturb him

But the sun was already out!

Grace's head was tilted slightly in contemplation until she decided against knocking on the door, thinking that Dimitri might already be downstairs afterall he is the alpha king with many responsibilities so she must be wrong to assume that he might still sleeping after all back in her pack her father used to get up before the first ray of sun,  have a pack round,  check borders and patrol activities and do all the normal pack tasks  .

She descended the large staircase and looked around but the majestic living room was empty. She walked towards the dining hall and the people who welcomed her were only the butler and the maids. They all greeted her good morning and she greeted them back.

Her eyes looked at the large, long table and her spirit became a little gloomy. It looked like she was going to eat alone again this time.

The butler was quick to notice that she was looking for someone but he chose to remain quiet.  it wasn't his place to say something until she asks from her own or he is advised to do so.

Time passed and grace finally heard some noise coming from the grand staircase.

And then, Dimitri appeared. He was wearing dark toned trousers and a simple white shirt. His dark hair was tousled and he obviously looked like he just woke up and had rushed down to see her.

His eyes were wide open, obviously in shocked surprise, as he looked down at her. it was freaking 7am.  his morning usually starts at 9 but today his wolf woke him up upon feeling the presence of their mate.

Grace 's heart raced wildly the instant she saw him. He wasn't wearing a tailcoat or a suit but he was still so breathtaking as always. He had this aura about him that made him so incredibly mesmerizing

The man's shoulders dropped as he ran his fingers through his hair before putting his hands inside his pockets. He walked elegantly towards her.

"Princess Grace you're really unbelievable, do you know that? are you really this early bird?  " he said as he approached her.

"I-I didn't knew you were still sleeping - " Dimitri moved closer to her, so close that their noses were almost touching. Grace tried her best not to close her eyes or look away. She didn't want him to think she was scared and she was sure he was only doing it to try and get a reaction from her. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of looking away.

"So what is it that you are going to do now? The pack training doesn't start until 10. " he asked, looking down deeply into her eyes.

"I-I can cook breakfast for you!?  if you don't mind ," she blurted out, a little dazed and Dimitri laughed. His pleasant laughter echoed inside the luxurious place.

But then, he sighed.

"Little wolf  you don't have to do that for me.  we have cooks for that.  " He was both amused and frustrated at the same time. Only she could give him such a childish answer like that and get away with it.

She looked around the large room and noticed that it was very quiet.

" you live alone here ? i mean your pack wolves? " she asked innocently and Dimitri lifted her chin with his finger.

"I live alone, Grace ," he said, suddenly becoming serious. "But it looks like this house now welcomes its new guest."

a blush crept on her face.  she herself didn't knew why she was like this in front of him.  where is that her  confidence hides when it comes to him ? and why does everything she says seems silly to him ?

"A-alone?!" She looked at him with shock and disbelief.

"Oh, well, the butler is here and maids as well. They do count as people living here, too, I guess plus there is you now and a fly too " he smiled wryly and grace didn't know how to react.

Dimitri 's eyes then fell on her dress and he took another deep breath.

"You aren't planning to wear this for the training Princess ? "

She shook her head in no. 

" then go and change-up "

" but you just said pack training starts at 10 ?"  grace raised her eyebrow in confusion .

"  you aren't going to get trained with my pack member. you will drag them down .  i will have to start you with basics and since you are awake why not utilize the time?  "

grace looked at him in disbelief. she couldn't grasp at what goes into his mind!  it was at that moment she thought - ' the center of this man's attention is a very dangerous place to be in '  .

a chuckle escaped from his lips as he read her thoughts .

" aren't you going to train me? " 

"patience little wolf,  . i have some urgent pack matter to attend today. as for your training , Tyler will take care of that. " 

"Didn't you sleep well last night?" she asked innocently as she looked at his face, and successfully diverted his attention from her actions to his.

Dimitri bent forward that their foreheads almost touched.

"I just got home, Grace.  Actually, right now, I very much want to punish you for disturbing my sleep." He smirked playfully. "But I'll let you off the hook for now," he added as he straightened up and called out a name.

"Tyler ," he said and the beta Tyler immediately appeared as if he was in the corridor this whole time, just waiting for his name to be called.

"Yes, Alpha ."

"I'll leave her to you," Dimitri ordered before he looked at Grace again and whispered in her ear.

"I'll go to sleep first, princess Grace. We'll talk later."

She shivered as she felt his warm breath touch her ear and she swallowed subconsciously. Before she could say 'Rest well ', he was gone.

As she watched his back as he walked up the stairs, Tyler coughed and drew her attention. at times Grace can't understand why this man is like this ?  sometimes warm and yet within a second he will change into ice cold being.