XLV

"Do you want to date me? ,"

Grace's world halted. Her mind and body went blank. Even her heart seemed to shut down by what he just said. she kept staring at him not believing what she just heard.

"i am asking you out, little wolf , . do you want to go out with me , " ,

 " Please. ? " he literally begged and she could do nothing but look dumbfounded by what she just heard. After what felt eternity Grace nodded and this time Dimitri didn't hesitate to put his arms around her waist , pulling her closer . his lips carved into a big smile but it didnt last long as Grace immediately pulled herself away from him

Dimitri raised his eyebrows as Grace stepped back .

" you are hurt " she said making Dimitri chuckle louder. he didn't hesitate to engulf her in another hug

" its okay, little wolf " he whispered softly. his warm breath falling on her neck as his lips softly touched her neck . Grace didn't move - she didn't push him away, nor did she move to make it easier for him. her heart was beating louder with every passing second .

"let's get you on bed, the floor is cold " He whispered

He carried her off to the nearby couch , after that he changed to a new set of clothes, hastily putting on a shirt without buttoning it and although it was dark in the room yet Grace immediately turned her head towards the window as Dimitri changed his clothes. A devious grin formed on his lips as he saw his mate being all flustered and embarrassed and before his mischievous mind could do anything her voice stopped him.

"Don't go anywhere, Dimitri," she told him as she realized he was changing to go out. She was scared, scared to let him go. She clutched onto his shirt tightly, determined to keep him by her side. what else was she supposed to do ? from what she knew he is hurt gravely but he was acting like nothing happened, like he didn't looked like half dead an hour back.

" Don't worry i am not going anywhere and it really doesn't hurt anymore . it will eventually heal . " Although Dimtri tried his best to make her feel at ease, to stop her from worrying, but Grace couldn't do it. What bugged her at that moment was the unsettling feelings she had. She felt like somewhere in Dimitri's statement was a lie , Maybe she was just being paranoid? .

He laid beside her , not too close though . There was enough space between them to fit another person . she wondered if it was because of the wound . but truth to be told the wound was a percent of the reason he was maintaining his distance with her . the other reason was his demons .  was it because of the dagger ?

There was something wrong with him . the more he get closer to her the more calm his wolf gets but his demons runs wildly thirsting for blood .

For her blood . all his demons wanted was to rip her heart into pieces and to taste her blood .  this was fearing Dimitri to his entire core .

Something like this has never happened to him . So it was new and given how powerfull his demons were at the moment . he can't let himself get too close to Grace but his sudden distancing will hurt Grace's wolf . so he gently took her hand .

" lets take it slowly , little wolf. i don't wanna scare you " he said jokingly as he laid there holding her hand in his . when nothing came in response he moved onto his other side . the room was dark but he could still make out her silhouette .

" The obeah asked me to call her when you wake up . i should do it " she said as she started getting up from the bed but before she could even sit up dimitri pulled her back , her head was now on his other arm which he laid out for her  .  This was his limit ,  he cant get any closer than this to her. Dimitri didn't knew what he will do if he does.