XL

"We need to get out of here. " Selena frantically said to the almost empty room. In her panic, she hadn't realized that there was only herself and Alex in the house. "Where is Grace ?" she asked Alex, turning to face him.

" In her room " Alex answered .

"Get her ! Natalia's coven isn't far from here , we need to leave! right now! " Selena told Alex as she quickly grabbed two guns from Dimitri bag , she handed one to Alex and other she kept to herself. Her movements were rushed, as if there was no time to waste. she rushed towards the glass windows and covered every visible part of the room by long curtains .

Alex threw the gun onto the nearby table. " I am enough "

" Just keep it. I saw them, many of them, just outside There were hybrid wolves and also Jac-" Selena was cut off when she heard loud thuds coming from above, as if something landed on the roof.

Selena and Alex looked up before they looked at each other .Looking to get answers , Alex pulled Selena near him , carefully putting a finger over her lips, indicating for her to be quiet. The space proximity between them quickly raised Selena heartbeat.

By this time Grace had joined them. her eyes looked around for Dimitri but he was nowhere to be seen .

They heard footsteps on the roof, many footsteps, spreading out to each corner of the roof, surrounding them and blocking off potential escape paths. Selena walked closer to Grace. Alex pointed to the fireplace, gesturing in a way that told her that the fireplace was where they were going to escape from. Selena gave him a retarded look but agreed.

Just as they started softly walking towards the chimney , the roof smashed down into the living area, surrounding the room with dust , Glasses and rubble.

" the fireplace? seriously? is that what Dimitri taught you Alex? "

Alex looked up to meet a familiar face. the corner of his mouth twitched upward.

" Natalia " he murmured leaving Selena's hand in mid-air and walking towards the lady in blue . he engulfed the lady in a tight hug and the lady responded back by wrapping her arm around him. She whispered something in his ear which made Alex shift his gaze from Natalia to Selina . he ceased his eyebrow at her with unfathomable expression . 

Selena wasn't pleased with this new guest and it was clear in her eyes, she didn't knew what was it about the lady that was making her uncomfortable whereas Grace was scanning every possible person in the room who came with her. they were witches , a very powerful one.

" Lets save the introduction part for later , we need to leave now! " Natalia said looking at three of them

"No , we can't leave him ." Grace said halting everyone in their steps . She wanted to see Dimitri and she was really worried about him. she tried linking to his wolf but before she could say something Dimitri's voice echoed in her ears . 

"leave, little wolf. i will be right behind you " ; " i promise " . Still ,Grace wasn't ready to leave him behind with these creatures. how can they leave without him.

However, Natalia looked at Grace with a serious gaze before masking a fake smile on her face.

" he will be right behind us , He knows the way better than anyone " Natalia responded, to others it might look like a normal response but Alex could spot the displeasure and anger in her voice .

he wasn't able to understand the reason she was willing to help them at first place , although the past was never Dimitri's fault but after what happened thousand years ago, Natalia's and her coven , never mentioned Dimitri. then why now?

" Nat is right. we need to leave right now " Alex said turning towards Selena and Grace.

'Nat ?' Selena murmured barely able to heard by anyone

"I will stay behind, " Selena said picking up the other gun which Alex left.

" No , you're coming with us " Alex suddenly butted in taking the gun away. He walked towards her and blocked her way but Selena's fierce eyes almost froze him. This woman never looked at him like this before.

" I don't take orders, specially not from you " she said with a firm voice that surprised Alex yet again . Although Selena was never sweet towards him but she felt a little different at the moment. like she was not a normal wolf that he had known . he tried to get through her but found nothing .

" No ,  Selena . I will never leave you behind " Grace said firmly .

" I will be okay , Grace. I will help the Alpha King . I know where he is  " she said firmly as she jumped down from the window, leaving no room for discussion.

Alex was about to go after when Natalia held him back by grabbing his arm. she eyed him and back at the Grace.

" me and my men , we don't have time for any of your affairs Alex . so, now, " Natalia said opening a weird circular magical portal , when looking inside it was dark. Grace's eyes fell back on Alex whose eyes was looking back at the direction Selena went through . he sighed as he remembered his promise with Dimitri before coming here and that he will protect Grace when he is not there . 

" Those hybrid rogues are no match for the lady . she will be okay " Natalia said as he reassured Alexander . he just shrugged his shoulders and walked in front of her towards that dark hole. one by one Natalia's people who came with her also made her way inside that thing.

" i can't hold it any longer, so please princess " Natalia asked seeing the hesitation in Grace's eyes and even though unwillingly yet Grace followed the steps of everyone .