XXXIV

" you're staring at him again " 

" i'm not " Grace replied . "simply just gazed over in a direction and he was there ."

" then what's with that look on your face " 

" alecia ? " grace called her wolf's name , her voice suddenly becoming serious with gloomy expressions

" hmm ? "

" what do you think ? was i early or is he too late ?" 

Grace asked looking at Dimitri . his hair was mess , his long curved eyelashes were shinning and in the bright morning sunlight he looked more handsome and more  divine than she'd ever seen him . 

Grace wondered if he is really sleeping or just pretending . she slowly took out the piece of paper from the jacket she was wearing .

" When the sun doesn't rise and the moon turns blue .
when stars fall from the sky
Upon the day the dark one returns, thou shall bring forth a time of war and the end of peace .
As soon as the darkness rises once more, only if found a marked child shall bring forth the beginning of a better future "

there it was . answer to every possible question of hers and yet she wished to go back the time when she knew nothing .

she sat there with tormented eyes shivering under the wind for a long time and wondered what will happen to them if she pretends to know nothing  .  

" for how long will you keep on staring at me , little wolf ? " 

she startled upon hearing Dimitri voice . he was sitting on the couch , slouching a little tilting his head . her eyes were still fixed on his .*deep breath* she took a harder look at him.

his eyes . there was nothing in them , like usual they were void of any emotions .  A glorious, chilling hue popped against his long dark, lashes as he stared at her. it scares her , how ? how there is nothing for her in his eyes ? how can they be so empty ?

only if she knew how much a single look from her , affects him , it was getting more and more harder for dimitri to control his demons and the only reason of all this was this little wolf in front of him . 

his demons are like two faces of a coin ,both are same but with different objective ..one part is slowly accepting and is getting used to this little girl while the other is like a hidden dark side of the coin .  this one doesn't believe in good , right or wrong . its like an endless dark sky.  it keeps on reminding dimitri of what is that they are here at first place  ,it usually doesn't show itself but when it does , you will realise it is the stronger one between both of them and also more dominating than his wolf .

" am i that handsome ?" he asked again squinting his eyes a little . 

" you are " grace spluttered out nonchalantly . just for once , only for once she wanted to see any form of emotions in his eyes except that darkness and emptiness . Dimitri smiled inwardly listening her and  seeing her expression, but then again, the little wolf said something unexpected

" was there ever a moment , a single moment that you liked me  ? " she asked again .her eyes on the floor , her heart was beating out of control . she was afraid of hearing what he will say next .

Dimitri was dumbstruck but he soon recovered from this sudden shock . his eyes were glimmering with a mesmerizing yet dangerous light. he was so unreadable at that moment 

"what about you , ? keeping aside the fact that i am your mate and your wolf's feelings  . as a human ,  what are your feelings towards me ? are they still same ?  " he asked, but he looked like he wasn't looking for an answer .

She looked at him with wide eyes, and then, the next moment, her lips trembled . it looked like she was thinking hard about what to say . she had never thought about this . one thing was sure for her , she did have feelings for him but was it the mate bond ? her wolf ?  was it her ownself ? . she never cared about this  .

 for wolves  , their wolf is them and they are their wolf  . then why did he asked her this ? Grace was  nervous, so nervous that Dimitri could hear her loud, loud heartbeat.

He didn't say a thing and just quietly stared at her, 

 " your wolf and you , both of you are different . though many think , that their wolf is a part of them but they are not , they are not obliged to follow you . they have their own thoughts and their own feelings  and since the wolf part is more dominant than the human part in normal wolves , they may feel like the mate bond is what they really feel but the truth its just the wolf . so if you separate the wolf from you , the feelings eventually dies too  " he uttered, his voice huskier than ever before . His gaze eyes intensified as he struggled to put on his usual smirk

" separating from the wolf ?  that's not possible " Grace asked finally snapping out of her daze .

To Grace , Dimitri was not making any sense , separation doesn't exist , one dies when their wolf dies .  

" Don't trust everything you read , little wolf . " he sighed " History is far more tainted in blood than the glories " 

" he is telling the truth "  alecia mumbled to Grace . 

" do you know anyone like that ? "

Grace , who was all confused by all this , asked him in both curiosity and worry but dimitri didn't replied to her any further .

he stood from where he once was sitting , he looked at her once before casually walking towards the bathroom

"enough of questions for today , little wolf . its already past breakfast time . go ahead , others are waiting for you downstairs  , i will be down in 5  .  "