XXXVI

Dimitri was silent. It seemed there was no more way out of this. Now that he confirmed that she have heard him , Dimitri was starting to feel uneasy. No, it was worry and fear. What should he do?

Truth to be told, Dimitri did wanted the marked child as a bait but from the very first time they met. the moment his eyes laid on her , he wanted nothing but to protect her even if its from far but somehow at the end he has become the reason that they have found about her.

For the first time , fear was creeping through his veins . what he feared was becoming to reality . 

He shouldn't have let his guard down or maybe he shouldn't have gotten with this little wolf from the very start but it seemed that his worry about her backfired on him and now he had put her in an even more dangerous situation .

He finally turned around and stared at her eyes and he could see betrayal , anger and a little fear in them. There was no more way out for him anymore .

"I'm sorry..." he muttered again, causing Grace vision blurry . tears were dwelling in them . no matter how hard she tried to stay still , her wolf was betraying her . Alecia, was in so much of pain and rage .

Grace was already aware of the reason why he wanted her around and that piece of paper from the morning did confirmed it to her . she didn't care it at that time but now since she have heard him, it's just like a slap of reality to her, telling her to wake up . telling her ,

its not a fairy tale.

Dimitri's eyes wandered around a little , Victoria had long left but he couldn't help but feel an unsettling aura surrounding them .

"Stop apologizing, and just tell me that this is all a lie " she pressed, struggling futilely again. was she just a pawn to him.  ?  was he going to sacrifice her after he was done?  all types of questions were going in her brain. 

suddenly the man in front of Grace had became unapproachable , it was because he looked so terrifying that she felt intense shivers in her nerves just by seeing that look in his eyes but it wasn't because of her .

"Its all true , there is nothing more to what you have heard " .

Grace was speechless as she shook her head in disbelief.

' What now ? Do you still think so ? ' , Grace thought to herself forcing a smile but her eyes were betraying her . she was afraid of asking him , she can't believe that after all the time they have spent together , he still thinks her of just a pawn and nothing else .

Grace stood straight gazing deeply into his eyes. her mind was now numb , her hands were getting cold and maybe even if its for few minutes , she had successfully collected herself rubbing the dried tears from her face .

" you can leave . "Dimitri said with as much seriousness as he could muster, which made Grace waver . " go back to your pack , Princess Grace . your training is finished here . " Dimitri said not looking at her .

"After all this , me staying anywhere near you will be the last thing " her lips slightly trembled . grace's eyes narrowed at him , obviously not believing his and her own words.

Tyler and Selena were coming back from patrolling the pack borders with other pack wolves but stopped instantly when they saw their Alpha and Grace from him . Selena's eyes widened and before she could get to them , Dimitri had already left .

________

"Speak," said Dimitri without looking at Timmothy and the two wolves standing behind him .

His eyes were directed towards the northern mountains in the far distance.

" you were right , it was Jack , i couldn't find much but it was him last night in the forest who attacked you and Luna . " Timmothy said softly . he was holding himself back , Timm couldn't believe jack can do this .

"how can he ... ?" , the other young guy behind Timmothy complained. "Is he going against us ?"

"he is well aware of our land ! , making this his leverage - "

"  he is still lurking around keeping an eye on us from the dark . i can sense him . " Dimitri said finishing Tyler's sentence. 

he gritted his teeth and slammed his fist on the table in frustration . The impact was strong enough to make a crack on the table . his eyes blazing like demon .

"Is that why you asked Luna to go back to her pack ? " Timmothy murmered in a low voice , barely for anyone to hear .

" thats enough , Timmothy " Tyler said, as he walked in front handing Dimitri few old files .

While Dimitri was busy reading those papers while Tyler gesticulated everyone to leave the room except Timmothy and Mark .

" i will be gone for few days , make sure no one knows about my absence " Dimitri said looking at the three of them .

" where are you going ?" Mark asked .

" we will come with you " it was Timmothy as Mark nodded at his statement .

" i have found a way , its the only way i can come up with at the moment . while i am gone someone needs to take care of our people here . so , stay here . specially you . if i saw you anywhere outside the pack ground i will break those bones of yours "

Timmothy swallowed unconsciously hearing Dimitri's words . he knew that Dimitri wasn't serious about breaking his bones or maybe he was but his warning was crystal clear .

The clouds were dark and gray and it continued to drizzle. his eyes were now fixated on a person . she looked exhausted and her once beautiful eyes were now looking dull and lifeless , almost making him curse under his breath . he saw her getting into the car and slowly vanishing from his sight. 

Dimitri knew that they didn't have much time left before the prophecies hit its worst .