XLVIII

J-jack" she stuttered in a broken whisper as their eyes met.

Jack stood there, wearing the same black coat. Grace had so much to say and ask him but Jack's cold eyes were full of intensity. They were calm as always, but why did Grace feel like something was wrong with him?

"These coven people are way too rude ! "

It didn't took her long enough to recognize the stench of blood he was carrying on him . Grace's body and soul seemed to freeze upon hearing what he said . With a cruel smile, he then leaned closer to her and began to chant in an ancient language, weaving a dark spell that made Grace fell into a trance, she became highly suggestible and completely obedient .

"let's go . " he commanded but before they could move any step further . 

" Who let you in ? " Dimitri growled as he stood at the door covered in trench of blood . He quickly walked to where Grace was . Dimitri could feel the stench of blood all over him . he had almost slaughtered half of the coven witches .

" Liked my gift ? " Jack asked as he walked closer towards Grace but his eyes were fixed on Dimitri . he was expecting Dimitri to say something but all that followed was silence.

" ohh . you still haven't figured out . i am disappointed in you Dimitri. " .

Dimitri suddenly remembered the forgotten words Jack whispered in his ears before vanishing

"In shadows cast and moonlight's shift, I grant your demons a dread gift. Closer to her, thy desires enthrall, a burning urge to smite and maul." -

"your demons must be tired fighting all those thirst desires of her blood but i must say , you surprised me . i never knew you were that strong . its near to impossible to go against my spells . you are the only one but not for long ." Jack answered the unasked question as he emphasized his last words 

" Finish everyone that come in your way . Come and find me after you are done ,  my dear Amara " Jack whispered to Grace before jumping down from the window .

"Amara " Dimitri whispered to himself . how could this be ? .

As he cautiously approached Grace, he could sense an unusual aura surrounding her, and her eyes seemed distant, lost in thoughts. He knew that the person standing in front of him isn't the usual Grace he knew , it looked like she was being controlled like a puppet by the dark words that Jack had whispered. However, he had no idea what kind of being those words had summoned.

Dimitri was well aware of how powerful Jack spells are . he haven't seen anyone breaking out of those spells alive . All he could do now was try to approach her carefully, hoping to find a way to suppress and bring Grace back even if it was for few seconds .

"Lil wolf ," he called gently,

"It's me, Dimitri. You can trust me."

But Grace's mind was clouded with darkness, and she didn't respond to his voice. Instead, she suddenly lunged at him, her movements erratic and unpredictable. Dimitri instinctively stepped back, narrowly avoiding her first attack. He tried reasoning with her as he continued to dodge her assaults.

"Grace, snap out of it! You don't want to do this. Fight against whatever it is !"But his words seemed to fall on deaf ears, and Grace pressed on with her relentless assault. Her strikes were fueled by an unnatural strength, and each blow felt like a battering ram crashing against him .

Dimitri had no choice but to focus on defense, trying to block and evade as best as he could because there is no way he will attack her but his demon will soon enrage from this continuous attack . he is barely holding them because of Jack's spell .