XVII

THIRD PERSON'S POV :

Grace looked out of the window as the car stopped in front of a huge mansion. Her jaw immediately dropped as soon as she saw it. She didn't know what to call it, but a house it was not! It was way bigger than their royal palace  . she was glad for a second that Alexander and dimitri weren't here with her or else she would have looked like a complete embarrassment  .

She slowly walked towards it as she looked around. The garden in the spacious front yard was beautiful yet plain ; it was quite simple and the design looked like it was purposely made that way not to attract people's attention.

As she walked closer to the entrance, grace felt that the huge house wasn't as simple as it looked outside. Now that she was closer, she noticed the exquisite white marble steps to the front door, which dwarfed her, and slowly took it all in. She could now see that everything, from the walls to the window to the glass, all looked like a magnificent work of art.

After pressing the bell,  she stood by the bronze and glass double door as it creaked open.

An old man in a butler suit stood before her with a smile. what surprised grace was the fact that the butler was a mere human. he had been told by his master about the two guests who will be paying visit for a while. 

"Good morning, Miss. Are you Miss Grace ?" he immediately greeted and grace nodded.

miss?  no one ever addressed her as a miss before.  it's always been princess or M'lady but not Miss.  as much as she liked the word , the amount of awkwardness she felt to hear it with her name was also same. 

"Please follow me," he then said and then walked away. 

The white, marble floor beneath her feet that seemed to stretch out for miles and the enormous, beautiful chandelier that welcomed her dangled elegantly from the high ceiling.

this house might have been built in the 1800's or possibly even earlier than that.

As the butler led her further inside, the hallway opened up to a larger space, with a large staircase in the center of it. The white marble steps, the bronze handrails on either side as it swept grandly towards the upper floor .

But it didn't stop there. There was another gigantic chandelier of an incredibly vast scale, far prettier and breathtaking than the first one she saw. There was also a gigantic fireplace on one side with exquisite marble mantles and mirrored panels.

This place was built with money and prestige and the fact that everything was still in a magnificent state, despite its age.

She had read about the palaces like this but she thought that these places didn't exist anymore in this millenia. She felt like she was suddenly transported back to couple of thousands of years ago.

She was utterly impressed.

"Please wait here, Miss Grace ." The butler led her to a sofa and Grace quietly sat there.

Grace thought about what might have happened that both of them left her alone in midway ; that how mysterious this pack was .... starting from the incident in cafe to this Dimitri seems to be hiding a lot from her. 

Time passed and Grace finally heard some noise coming from the grand staircase.

The same old butler made his way towards her. 

" My name is Charles Ning, but you can call me Charles. Nice to meet you Miss Grace "

She couldn't understand the reason why a human is working here. isn't he afraid of what they are? and most importantly why is he here ?  she had heard the stories of how much alpha king Dimitri loathes human and yet there is one right here. 

"Nice to meet you, too, Mr-, I mean, Charles."

" Miss Grace,  master told me about another lady who will be arriving with you - "

" uh.. yeah.  Beta selina . she will be arriving day after tomorrow.  "

he nodded understandingly as he heard her .

"Come with me please. I will show you to your room," he said respectfully.

"Don't worry about your luggage, I'll send a maid to bring it up."

The butler led her towards the grand staircase which led to the second floor.

What she saw was another large, and fancy open space. Velvet curtains were tied back to let the sunshine through the windows and she saw antique looking, brass candelabras which hung on the walls in between the windows.

She could also see two doors on the far wall and wondered where they led to.

They continued up the stairs and up the third floor. Again, she was met with a large open area in the middle, but this was smaller than the second floor. It seemed to be the lounge area as there were couches and coffee tables neatly arranged by the big window overlooking the garden area. This seemed to be where the living quarters were located because she saw doors on either side, which she presumed, led to the bedrooms.

Charles stopped in front of tall, heavy looking double doors and pushed it open. The room she walked into was so beautiful and welcoming . it was almost similar to her room back in her pack.  she thought if maybe Dimitri changed the room decor purposely for her.? 

But then again, as she looked around at the cavernous room that was in front of her, she didn't know why but even with all this beauty and display of elegance and grandeur, she felt a little sad.

She could tell since the moment she stepped inside this house that how lonely it's walls looked like.  beside the warm and lovely interior.  it felt empty .

she wondered where others were?  his beta?  his gamma?  his guards??  she wondered if he lived alone here .