IV

"Alpha Matthew " Grace addressed her father standing in front .

" Grace , i am your father too. so you can keep these formalities aside when it's just us "

Grace smiled , nodding at his statement. he had told her this so many times but for Grace at work he is an alpha of the pack and she a member like every other wolf .so,  he needs to be respected the same from everyone. family shouldn't be an exception.  the rules will be same for everyone 

" Grace, take a seat " he said motioning towards the the chair opposite to him . she looked back to see selina standing quietly.

" Grace, Alpha king Dimitri will be visiting our pack with warlock jack and his beta tyler and gamma timmothy . "

he had all her attention as soon as he mentioned Dimitri's name .  only the mention of his name is enough to make her heart beat a little faster.

" i have heard that he never visits any pack personally until it's something serious? is there something wrong? " she asked focusing her attention back .

" about that, we are told that he is here because of you ! " his brows creased a little .

' wha-what me? why? ? '

" i am telling you . you don't have a good image. you are a wanted criminal dude " alecia said sarcastically. how can she joke at a time like this ? was one of the millionth thoughts swooning over her head. 

" people barely knows my name. " Grace retorded back at alecia. they wouldn't even be knowing it , if it weren't for her being the next alpha of the pack.

" why me? " Grace asked .

" he is going to train you "  .This person's was holding a strong authority . her voice made it clear. grace turned around to meet a familiar face.  it was her mother , luna Audrina

" again why??? "

" Grace, you are a human and you are going to be the successor of the pack after me but as you know the council is against the idea of a human ruling the pack . they think you are weak. this was raised as a concern in the wolf council . so, Alpha king provided a solution of you being trained in his pack for 3 months under his guidance. " Matthew face was clearly showing how worried he was.

" you agreed?? "

" though i don't care about what they say but i don't want people to look down on you and you can learn a lot under his guidance "

" is the position more important than your own daughter . what if something happens to her while being there. what if those men harms our daughter.? don't you know what the pack is like . people are ruthless there. " Luna Audrina said. her voice was a little louder than usual .

she is a calm type of person but listen to her like this was making Grace feeling anxious

" though alpha king Dimitri is strict and ruthless but i respect that man for what he have done since he took over the thrown and i know you also do and i don't think anything will happen to our daughter. it will only be beneficial for her if she can learn anything from his guidance " Matthew directed this to Audrina. 

it was the first time Grace was hearing her father praising any man.

" but - "

Luna was about to say something before she got cut off by Matthew

" no but. it's not our decision to make. it's grace's. she is a grown up now and it's just only for 3 months and moreover selina will also be there. she will protect her if by chance anything happens. "

by now Grace had almost forgot about Selena . the girl who is standing and watching her family drama unfold. to be exact watching her alpha and luna argue.

Grace sighed.

" i am willing to go . it's just 3 months and i absolutely agree with alpha. alpha king Dimitri is a great leader and if it can help us and can keep those extra people of other pack to shut up. i am more than willing " she said looking up at her father

" mother, trust your daughter. she is more than capable of taking care of herself and there is selina also. it's just 3 months. it will pass by and i will be back . you aren't only my mother but luna of this pack too. " Grace said turning towards Audrina and holding her hand in her own. 

she kept quiet for a while.

" do as you wish but if any harm comes to my daughter then Mr. Alpha , mark my words . i will never forgive you " she said looking at Matthew

He sighed hearing his mate's words whereas Grace chuckled listening to her mother giving her father threats. she was finding this adorable .

" when will i be leaving? " Grace asked focusing back

" they will be staying here tonight. you will be leaving tomorrow early morning. "

" that's so soon. " she mumbled under breath

" i will ask someone to pack your bag and things " luna said as Grace nodded her head in agreement.

" selina, it's your job to make sure no one knows she is not a human. it's your job as the beta to protect your alpha. i will held you responsible for not being able to protect your future alpha " Audrina continued looking at poor selina .

" chill mother. i am not marrying off. i will be back before chris- becha's birthday " Grace said trying to ease the tension but she herself was having  an unsettling feeling telling her to stop before its too late

-----------------