XXXIX

" you are just like your father,  devious,  guileful and full of surprises.  "  Her voice was light but gravel-sprinkled. she sounded like a completely different person .

it felt like her words have woken something dark and painful in Dimitri but before he could say anything anymore , Dark shadows flew in the darkness, moving swiftly and silently towards the glass house where Grace and Alex were. 

"Go,  leave . " he whispered . Selena nodded at Dimitri before vanishing in thin air . 

Dimitri left the woods and leapt towards where they were. he swiftly landed on the snow. The golden hue of his eyes were blazing as he stood there. He looked like he was silently trying to hear or feel something as he looked around.

Closing his eyes, Dimitri calmly took a deep breath and when he opened his eyes again, countless of black shadows appeared in the snow . A sea of red eyes had surrounded him.

"Hybrids" .

Dimitri's grin widened as his golden eyes intensified. He was excited about this fight , where its just him  . His demons were thirsty for blood .

He felt incredibly powerful. The Demon inside him seemed to have dominated his wolf. he knew it was time his demons wake up and also his wolf needed some time to recuperate from its past injuries for the countless fights that are waiting for them ahead.

Fighting without going berserk was still the best because he could savor the fight as much as he could .

Since,  these hybrid creatures were also strong. Not to mention their numbers. Dimitri could tell that jack had raised an army of hybrids. This number was something he didn't expect. He would even take a calculated guess and say that these hybrids might even surpass the number of rogues .

Where did jack find so many rogues and vampire blood to create an army this big?

Dimitri looked around him once again. His golden eyes blazed with a raging fire. The corner of Dimitri's lips curved up and as if that was a signal, the creatures that surrounded him began to attack.

The hybrids had him surrounded in a tight circular formation and they jumped at him all at once, hovering over Dimitri like a dark blanket about to smother him. However, before any of them could land on him , he squatted low to the ground and he leapt upwards, crashing through the small gap that was still there, hitting a few of the hybrids in the face as he flew past them.

Dimitri landed on a small, flat area on the side , crouched like his wolf , ready to attack. He didn't have to wait long before the hybrid wolves leapt up towards him but at least this time, he didn't have to watch his back.

Clenching his fist tightly, he landed few punches on three wolves breaking their jaws and then pushing their unconscious bodies to side , he was using more power than he normally would against rogues and his punch crushed the hybrids' faces like it was made of clay. he ran towards the two wolves in front of him and ripped their hearts out at the same time out and squeezing them leaving nothing but bloods on his hand .

" boring " he murmured softly .

without taking any other second he punched the rock next to him, causing the ground to shudder a little. It wasn't his intention to smash the ground , but he did want for it to shed some of its white coat down onto his enemies to distract them as he ran towards each of them in an unnoticable speed killing handful of of them within seconds .

A second later, a rumble could be heard as the blanket of snow, which had settled peacefully on the far mountain , began to work its way down to the base of the mountain.

He punched the faces of the other two hybrids with his fist and he then threw a roundhouse kick to the next three that came along, kicking them up towards the rolling field of snow where they were instantly buried under.

"Better " Dimitri murmured as he watched his enemies being swallowed by nature and then he started to attack again.

Because of their sheer number, Dimitri knew that hand to hand combat would take too long and that's what he wanted . he wanted to stall enough time for grace,  alex and selena to be far away from here. 

He leapt from his position onto the ground, putting the hybrids between himself and the mountain. He stood up and spread his arms out wide, palms open, and then with burning eyes, he brought them together in a flash. With a sharp sound of a clap, a strong gust of wind blew towards the line of hybrids coming at him which burned them slowly into ashes. there was nothing left anymore. no bodies,  no bones only dark red blood covered some patches of snow. 

The scene made Dimitri smile. When was the last time he controlled the force of the wind and hell fire together ? He couldn't remember the last time he left his devil side out and he didn't know doing this would actually felt this thrilling again. He had lost interest in all these things for thousands of years.

Dimtri looked back at the place where the hybrid came from and he knew he was going in the right direction when he saw a man standing still before him.

His grin widened. "Found you," he said. The chills in his eyes was gushing out like never before.

" you never dissapoint  Dimitri " Jack's voice came out as calm and unruffled as usual, but the air suddenly turned incredibly suffocating.

" why ? " Dimitri murmured as his jaws clenched. 

" you are protecting the person you care about and i am doing the same " Jack continued " i once made a mistake by chosing wrong side , but not anymore. i will get what i want no matter what the price is "

" if the price is her,  then sorry to disappoint you, you have chosen the wrong side again  . i am giving you a chance Jack,  for the sake of old times. leave.  i don't want to hurt you "  he said , causing Jack to chuckle lowly. 

" we won't fight Dimitri,  atleast not today.  it's not on my To-do list " Jack declared

Dimitri turned his head slightly , trying to get into Jack's head but the barrier he build was too strong.

" you don't get it, do you? "  jack said and then he suddenly uttered the spell. " i wanted you. just you Dimitri ." jack said and then he suddenly uttered some spell.

" Au revoir" jack whispered and just like that he vanished,  Dimitri couldn't see clearly because a layer of mist had gathered around him , obstructing his vision. What had Jack done to him ? Where did he go ? And what was the meaning of that he said? 

as soon as the mist cleared,  his eyes looked around, there were new sets of hybrid wolf . however,  they seemed to have acquired some weapons and they weren't afraid to use them. Some even held guns. They aimed all their weapons at Dimitri but Dimitri was just too fast this time . He was faster than anything and nothing could touch him. Dimitri was worried about Grace since Jack had also vanished mysteriously. 

When he landed on the ground, Dimitri smashed the rock mountain with his fist, causing small debris to fall. He controlled the wind again, sending a wave of small stones and rocks at the army, along with the sharp ice crystals, causing mass damage to the army.

The hybrids wobbled from the shaking ground and they didn't have time to recover before they were hit with the stones and rocks which were like bullets themselves.

Dead bodies began to pile up in the god of slaughter's trail.

Dimitri kept going. He was unstoppable. he wasn't deterred. He didn't feel tired and he had barely depleted his stamina. he was fierce and deadly this time.  all his clothes were covered in blood by the time he finished