XV

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

" you're really gonna kick out your family ? " 

grace eyes widened as she gasped at what she heard but she chose to remain silent for the time being.

" well,  third floor is off limits for the time being.  if you wanna stay the guest rooms on the ground floor are the ones available . "  dimitri said leaning back on his seat.  his arm was still around grace , not making any contact with her skin .

Dimitri was sure that there will be no way that alex will be agreeing to live in any of those rooms. 

however to dimitri's suprise the man agreed. 

" the guest rooms,  on the ground floor....  well they aren't that bad " he replied and then he suddenly clicked his finger. 

dimitri and grace both were shocked. they couldn't believe that he agreed to the rooms on the ground floor.  most of the rooms on the ground floor were receiving rooms.  as   for grace , alex looked like a man who would want nothing lesser than the highest spot . whether it was power or physical space. 

grace wanted to ask the man sitting on her left all the never ending question which were going on in her head but she was afraid of the response she will be getting.

her brain were making up all the possibilities that can be formed between them.  one thing that she was sure of was that the man in front of her is dimitri's brother but how come no one ever knew of this.  she was perplexed by this creature. 

as for dimitri he could sense her confusion . he knew exactly what she was thinking but he didn't wanted to be bothered by any of this right now.  his priority right now was lies somewhere else. 

it was then exact at this moment that a guard from behind approached them as he whispered something in dimitri's ear. 

the air around them suddenly became heavy , causing grace to deduce that whatever the guard said to him wasn't a good news. 

he looked at Alexander with a very serious gaze.

" Alex,  take princess grace to the attic room and don't come out until i say so.  both of you.  " 

his voice was stern . it left no room for discussion .

" what - " 

grace was about to say something but stopped by alex who was nodding off his head slightly motioning her to not say anything.

" just know that,  there are people you shouldn't meet while you are staying here .   " was all dimitri said looking at her. 

at that moment a merciless chill was suddenly emitted by those intense eyes , initiating her and locking her on the spot. 

the look only lasted few seconds but it chilled her so much that the hair on her arm stood up. grace flinched and just froze there.

Alex was still quite as if he knew what was all this about. he looked back at dimitri who was giving some orders to the guard . he couldn't helped but sigh .

------

" what is it about?  " grace asked pointing towards the book in alex's hands.

  inside here she couldn't stop herself from thinking hard . she didn't wanted to become gloomy but so many questions ran through her head.  why did he asked them to stay here ?  was he trying to hide them from someone or was he hiding someone from her ? who could it be? 

these questions continue revolving inside her head for a long time. she tried to distract herself by grabbing the random book from the nearby shelf but didn't read a single page .

alex looked down at the book before answering back to her.

" a whaling ship that sank in the 19th century "  

" what happened ?  " she asked raising her eyebrows at him .

" what do you think? " alex questioned back closing the book and keeping it down.

'Moby dick. ' it was written on the cover . it was the book written on true events. 

" It ate and was eaten "  Alex said in a deep yet dark voice.  

beside the bright light , the room suddenly felt empty and dark. grace kept quiet not knowing what to say. 

Alexander kept on looking at her for a while before returning back to the book.

" He- what's you relation with him? " Grace asked .

"  you finally asked.  i thought it will take you centuries to ask this .  the guy downstairs is my brother.  "

" but- "

" the family history is his to tell and now it's my turn to ask !"  alex said cutting her off in between. 

" so,  what is it that you like about him?   i mean his reputation serves him the best! fear comes naturally . isn't it?  "  Alex asked .  his eyes were still glued on the book in his hand .

" because he is my mate and for some reason my wolf is not scared of him " 

" well , she should !  as i said earlier. when you find what he wants , you will be begging for mercy "  he said stopping for a fraction of seconds and then again walking away towards the other room . 

grace stood there confused . she couldn't understand a word alex said.  what is that dimitri wants from her?   she has nothing to offer !  besides her wolf was telling her to believe on their mate over anyone.  there will be no way he could mean any harm to her . after all she is his mate.