XLII

" where is he? " Grace questioned selena who didn't knew what to say. should she tell them the truth, that their alpha might be ripping someone else heart apart at the very moment.

" He had something to do, he will be back soon " selena said frantically passing by her .her eyes were fixed on the ground ignoring the strong stare from a man.

Grace didn't buy that and selena knew that no one will believe her. she had been roaming in woods for a day or so .trying to stall some time. hoping that Dimitri would have been back by now.

" Stop " a deep, husky voice stopped her in tracks. selena cursed internally looking back at Alex. he grabbed her wrist dragging her away from the coven people.

" where is my brother ?" he asked when he confirmed there was no one around them. Alex knew something had happened since the very moment he saw her. there was a hint of fear on her and he could tell that she was hiding something and it was driving him crazy .because no matter how much he hate him , deep down beneath that anger , hatred lies the love of a kid who used to roam after his big brother aimlessly and the love of the only family he is left with .  

" he had something to do, he will be back shortly " she answered back confidently.

" there will be nothing more important to him than Grace . there is no way he will leave her here for any longer " Alex was so stern making selena almost give in. 

" Maybe you don't know your brother very well then- "

but before she could complete her sentence Alex strongly pinned her on the nearby tree. he was not his usual self. his grips on her both sides were so strong that it was starting to hurt her.

" i don't know where he is, he-he knows that it was the heaven lord who killed Nicholas " she winced a little giving in to the fierce self of Alex . It was new for her . This is the Lord Alexander she had heard in stories and tales .At that moment she felt like the Alex she has known from last few days is just a mask , just a shadow . 

" what? - "

Frustrated and shocked Alexander ran his fingers through his hair. his mouth suddenly become dry. his mind wandered around with the worst possible thing Dimitri could do to that family and that family could do to him .

" Mate or not, if anything happens to Dimitri, i promise you wolf . i will make your worst nightmare come alive "

Alex loosened his grip on her as Selena fell on ground frantically trying to breathe the words he just said. She couldn't bring herself to ask how ? how did he know? and neither did Alex bothered to explain itself . After all that she has done to bury the truth yet it was there and he was aware of it . did he knew it from the start and he was just pretending or is it Dimitri who told him this ? it isn't possible . he gave her one week . 

Selena's mind ran through the last conversation they had outside the car . 

"Are you going tell him , or do you want me to break it to him ?" 

" what do you mean Alpha ?" 

"If it's all a game to you then i promise you that it wont be my brother or me who is on the losing side . " he looked at his Alexander playfully talking to Grace . Fear started building in Selena . she was afraid of what he is going to say next . 

"I believe you have your reasons of not telling Alex that you are his mate . I dont know the reasons but it wont take me too long to find them and i know its not the only thing you are hiding . A week . I give you a week to come clear "

"whatever it is that you are hiding, i am giving you a last chance" Dimitri said the last part looking straight in her eyes but Selena managed to give anything out at the moment . she nodded whispering the last part . 

" A week it is " 

______

Selena was still sitting on the ground ,  lost in her thoughts when Alexander vanished in some familiar direction without looking back at her. 

"Lord Alexander , Alpha Dimitri, he is back " Tyler voice ran in his ears and without taking another second Alex ran towards the coven's house.

Not a single soul was in sight when he reached there . Alex looked around for people but found none, until Tyler entered through the old door.

" He is upstairs, but - but something is off about him " Tyler was unable to make words for what he saw . it was a sight of fear for him. He knew Dimitri was no simple but he had never seen this side of him. it was void, completely dark and cold.  this version of him gave him nothing but chills .

" He - he massacred the whole clan of Dehsota " Tyler voice was fearful as his lips trembled slightly remembering what he saw. His Alpha has just striked the first blow , that Dimitri just started the battle. will the odds be in their favor?.