XXVII

--- 5:30am ---

Dimitri was already drenched in blood by the time Alex and his men got to him .

the blood wasn't all his but he had some claw marks here and there on his arm and on his back too . which aren't going to heal anytime soon .

he motioned towards the tree behind him and that's when they noticed a girl . she was barely breathing .her body filled with injuries, injuries serious enough to kill a normal wolf.

"Take her to the hospital. I'm going to meet you there ." Alex instructed one of his man and without a word , the man did as he was told .

Alex took a deep breathe as he looked at the dark markings like tattoos on Dimitri's left arm .

Alex began to step away. he exactly remembered each and everyone of them.

"What have you done ?" Alex asked the question he already knew the answer to.

Dimitri halted in his tracks. He lifted his hands and looked down at them. for a while he stood there focusing on the black snake on his left arm.

" Do you really think that those wolves out there will accept a demon king as their alphaking ? or are you expecting to leave all this and follow the footsteps of our father? "

He heard Dimitri 's fingers cracking as the man's fists tightened.

The next moment, a loud thud echoed through the forest . Dimitri had pushed Alex hard against the nearby tree , gripping his collar. His eyes were blazing with fury as he glared at him.

"Alexander " he hissed, gritting his teeth in anger.

But Alex remained calm, almost unbothered.

He stared back at him and calmly continued. "Dimitri , I'm simply reminding you what will be the consequences of the decision you just made "

Dimitri's grip on him tightened even more but Alex simply continued talking. " what?  you really thought that i won't know why are you doing all this? why you killed that sibylla/fairy and took the curse upon yourself? you read her mind ! didn't you?  , you knew she was after Grace,  she wanted her but what you didn't knew was the consequence of your actions. the sibylla was one of the seal holding Amara . the seal (key) was divided into two parts.  one is broken . one is left "

As those words left Alex's mouth, Dimitri's eyes constricted , since that day... he have been trying hard to find what or where the other seal is . today also , the kill spree at hell , the rummage he created in hope he can find something or anything regarding it was all in vain after all their ancestors was the ones who created the prison but after all the blood bath he still haven't gotten any closer to the answer

even if the whole world misinterprets Dimitri's actions ,  Alex won't . he knew Dimitri better than anyone.  since the very first day he was very well aware of the choices Dimitri will be making for Grace.  he envied her. she had the only thing he ever wanted.

why her ? why was he choosing to stand by her , going extremes to protect her ?

for Alex , Dimitri did nothing but betrayed him , after promising him that he will get the lady on his knees . he will revenge the death of their father by giving the extreme death to ever exist to the one responsible for it , after promising he will never leave him. Dimitri abandoned him at the door of the ones who destroyed their family and for this he will never forgive him.

Dimitri immediately let go of Alex upon hearing his thoughts. his eyes dimmed. he wanted to say something but no matter how hard he tried,  he couldn't say anything .Alex nodded his head . it's been the same for years nothing else.

what Alex wanted to hear the most was - ' i am sorry ' that his brother regretted leaving him alone . that he didn't wanted to abandon him. that he wanted to come for him.

why he left him there alone ?  why he didn't come for his own brother even when alex begged him to take him away ? why he left him to those people who physically assaulted him on daily purpose ? these all questions meant nothing to him anymore

the scars of blades,  silver burns are still fresh on his skin yet there is no remorse or regret on his face.

"I just want to remind you again, since you seem to have forgotten, that since the very beginning, you know very well that I am one of them, because I also want her dead. after all  no matter how tempting the ending of the world sounds,  i have a long list of people who needs to reciprocate me for the pain and suffering i went through. "

Dimitri was about to touch Alex but he paused midair the moment he realized how dirty his hands were. there is no way he can make up for all those years ,but he still have a promise to keep.  he will bring the lady on her knees. he will give the ones responsible the worst and extreme death possible.

He currently looked like an actor playing as the main character of a zombie apocalypse or a horror movie. His clothes, hands, hair and his perfect face were all splotched with dried blood 

"let's go,  i am sure someone is waiting for you " Alex told him as they both started walking in some unknown direction . silence engulfed them.

"the other seal is Grace itself .  " Alex just mumbled as he turned around to see the look on his face.