LIV

" i need to find her , she is in danger " was the first words he said as he stood up frantically but before Dimitri could walk any step further , his legs gave up and he stumbled back to sit on the bed .he tried to get up again but Alexander stopped him by standing in his way .

" you are not going anywhere " his voice fueled with anger .

As Dimitri locked eyes with Alexander, his brows creased, his eyes moved around to confirm for the second time if what he was seeing was right . when he finally confirmed and joined the pieces , his tired face suddenly showed unfathomable expression and instead of thanking him Dimitri suddenly stood up and pinned Alexander to the wall in anger . Dimitri was using all his leftover strength on Alexander . although he was almost healed but he needed rest to fully recover himself to his original strength .

"What the fuck have you done to yourself Alexander . ? " Dimitri whispered, his voice was weak but filled with rage . Alexander eyes held calmness as a relieve rushed over him . he pushed his brother's hand away as he kicked Dimitri's left leg making Dimitri stumble to the ground .

" Whatever the fuck I did , I did it because of you . if you would have fought her and saved yourself , I need not to do this at first place and before you ask how i am ? then lemme tell you I was fucking scared so next time you decide to die . tell me in advance so that it's me who helps you to reach your final destination ."

Dimitri brought both his hands holding his head as he remembered the incident . he looked dejected and tired . After a long pause and silence Dimitri raised his head .

"Thank you," Dimitri whispered, his voice filled with gratitude as he looked at Selina .

Selina smiled warmly, feeling a surge of relief. "you need to rest . I have already sent someone to look for her and Jack . we are tracking their traces ."

Alexander scoffed ." where is mine ? a thankyou for me ? " .

" you should be grateful that i am still not fully recovered or else i would have directly came for you first ." Dimitri taunted him .

While they had successfully closed the dagger wounds , they couldn't erase the injury entirely. The dark magic had left a lingering effect that resisted complete healing. However, Dimitri's strength was gradually returning, and with time and care, he would recover fully.

As Selina and Alexander helped Dimitri to rest, she realised that her angel's and Alexander demon's bond has deepened . Fear and worry crossed her face as she realised no matter what she could never avoid the inevitable . Thousands of years back as well when Nicholas met her . he said the same thing to her .  she recalled his last words to her as he sealed Alexander's demons away  -" the fated will come sooner or later whether its the new life or death itself . you can hide from them temporarily but can't avoid them for eternity . They will keep on looking for you and once they find you . They will knock on your door themself . As his father I deeply apologise for what my youngest will put you through but i can let you try what you want to do - if it can delay the future for both of you but just know you can't run from the fates for forever little angel ." 

" Are you okay ?" Alexander asked putting his hand over her arm . her golden eyes met once again met his beautiful greys but selina abruptly broke their eye contact and stepped back from him unconsciously . Alexander noticed that but didnt say anything as he focused his attention back to Dimitri . 

" Do you remember i once asked you something when you brought a almost dead little liar from the depths of hell ?" he said the last phrase looking straight at selina with a wicked smile creeping his lips up as she gazed at her angrily  . 

Alex's turned back serious when he changed his attention back to Dimitri - " I asked you if you think that those wolves out there will accept a demon king as their alphaking ? . i hope you are ready to face the answer " .  

Dimitri stared at Alexander as a calm smile crept his face. "Don't worry . " .  he said looking straight at his little brother and then to Selena .