XXIV

Third person's pov

suddenly she was surrounded by the little blinks of small, coloured electric lights that were hung up on the trees brightening the whole area. still there was no sign of him around.

" it lit up well. " finally she heard his voice from a distance he was carrying a white blanket in one hand and the food basket in another hand.

grace eyes almost teared up seeing him. the sense of relief rushed all over her.

The girl than walked towards him with a big smile on her face she grabbed the blanket from his hands and carefully moved three steps away before she carefully spread the white blanket on the ground while Dimitri just stood there with his hands in his pockets, watching her with his head a little bit tilted.

Once she was done, Grace carefully sat on it and looked up at Dimitri .

"Come here," she said as she patted the spot right next to her.

Dimitri wordlessly moved and sat next to her. grace smiled brightly. Her smile was more beautiful than the amazing sunset over the horizon.

"So? What are we gonna do next? Play mobile games?" he lazily asked as he leaned back, using his palm to support his body, stretching out one of his legs and bent the other one.

he was back to his normal cold self .

was that all for being good guy today ? she wondered

"Nope," Grace said. Her smile still didn't fade. He wondered why she was smiling. Why was she looking so happy and excited?

"Please lay down," she requested and Dimitri narrowed his eyes but he still did as she asked.

He raised one arm over his head and made it his pillow.

Grace watched his every move and stared at him once he settled in his position, still smiling.

When Dimitri moved again , Grace stared intently into his eyes. he bent closer to her , lying down next to her . grace held her breath seeing the aproximity of their closeness.

" breathe, little wolf " dimirtri whispered not looking at her this time.

grace let out a long sigh of relief.

they both remained still for a while .

"So this is how it feels," she suddenly mumbled, pulling Dimitri's back to reality. "It feels really nice lying up here, right?" She smiled as she glanced up at him before her gaze looked up at the fading colors in the sky.

Dimitri didn't say a word. It was because he was looking at something more beautiful. he saw her eyes twinkling like there were a million stars sparkling inside them.

"I always wanted to experience this, to know what it would feel like," she confessed, looking up at the sky as she reached her hand up to it as if she could touch it.

Dimitri was forced to look at the sky as well. When was the last time he ever gazed up the sky like this ?

"It's beautiful. It feels so nice," she muttered again.

"Do you think we will see a shooting star?" she asked again after a long while of silence. The sky was already dark and stars were starting to appear, one after another.

Dimitri again didn't answer.

"Hey, are you already sleepy?" she pulled her body up to look at his face. To her surprise, the man's eyes were wide open and he didn't look sleepy at all.

"Little wolf , you really want to use my free time doing star gazing and waiting for shooting stars to come?"

"Mm. All I wanted was to experience gazing up at the night sky while lying down with my mate."

Dimitri gaped at her. Was she serious? She asked him out just for this? He closed his eyes as if trying to understand how her brain worked but he failed. It was as if his brain was throwing out error messages at him when he tried. But then again, he thought that doing this kind of thing was exactly just so little wolf-ish! .

When she realized that Dimitri hadn't said another word . she looked up to him. he was looking at the full moon so intensely .

"what are you thinking ?" she asked again.

Dimitri finally glanced at her and for some reason, she saw something in his eyes. It wasn't coldness, nor darkness, nor the usual dangerous as hell look; it was different. She didn't know what it was but for some reason, seeing that look in his eyes at that moment made her want to extend her hand and touch his face and embrace him. It was a very strange feeling.

But then, before grace could move, that look in his eyes abruptly disappeared. It returned to normal in a blink of an eye . he took a deep breath before looking at her again .

" long lost in old tales of wolves, hunters, and vampire there once existed a tale of - ' the moon and it's lover ' . "

" tell me " she said excitedly as she pushed her head to have a full view of his face .

"No " he replied, causing grace to blink at him in surprise .

grace frowned. "Huh? . then why bother to even mention at first place"

" lie down and maybe i will bother myself to tell you " . His face softened as his lips curved into a beautiful but mischievous smile .

grace pushed her head down falling down on Dimitri's arm . before she could react and get up , he pushed her head down properly adjusting his arm .

after a short pause he begin . His voice was somewhat different to grace's ear. It wasn't that cold but she couldn't call it warm either - in an emotionless monologue.

However, grace didn't mind. His voice had always been pleasing to her ears, like a deep and soothing baritone. She was just so incredibly happy at that moment.

" 'Why is the moon so lonely?'.... Because she used to have a lover...His name was Kuekuatsheu [KOO A KOO OTT SOO] and they lived in the Spirit World together...And every night, they would wander the skies together, but one of the other spirits was jealous.

Trickster wanted the moon for himself, so he told Kuekuatsheu that the moon has asked for flowers. He told him to come to our world and pick her some wild roses, but Kuekuatsheu, taking the shape of a dog, didn't know that once you leave the Spirit World, you can never go back. And every night, he looks up in the sky and sees the moon and howls her name. But - he can never touch her again. "She added that Kuekuatsheu meant "the wolverine."

to this day the beasts of the earth still cry to the moon baying out their sorrows to their love of whom is now intangible forever... "