XXIX

Meanwhile,  back in the mansion.

this morning Grace called her father and he told her nothing different from what Dimitri said. this made her doubt even more.

she was on the way back to the palace,  last night when she reached charlie's home. his family was not at the home. they left due to some urgent matter but that was okay with her ,less people to meet,  less explanations and lies to make.  the car came to stop as she realized they have reached .

Her steps were hurried as she entered the door and she immediately walked towards the fireplace where Dimitri was waiting for her .

When she spotted him sitting there . She smiled, happy that she was finally able to see him. She silently walked towards him.

However, as she walked closer, something made Grace halt in her tracks. Dimitri was silent as always, doing nothing, but Grace could feel the coldness he was exuding. And for some reason, she felt like something had changed.

She felt as though he had become distant, like the moon so far away, impossible for her to reach.

he was different. his arm was full with ink dark markings and his aura blazed with hellfire, as if the darkness inside his soul could not be contained any longer and it was all now leaking out without constraint. He was completely swallowed by his own cold, reeking darkness. what had happened in just few hours

The moment she stared in his eyes, her heart slightly trembled. Her brain desperately scrambled to figure out what's wrong and that's when she sensed the smell of blood on him.

grace first thought was that he was injured but soon she realized it was not his blood only but the blood of all those he killed last night .  what the hell have actually happened ? she thought to herself. but her thoughts came to an abrupt halt as she heard him.

" i had nothing to do with your pack matters ," his deep voice was cold. " no matter what you think of me,  i have nothing to do with that witch's death " he trailed off, not turning to look at her and grace was temporarily incapacitated.

" I -" Wet liquid began to lurk in the corner of her eyes. She finally remembered that look in his eyes last night and she exactly knew what this was all about. 

"where is selena? " she asked,  hiding her tears.  trying her best to stand straight in front of him but her heart throbbed in pain. She wanted to shake her head but she knew she was wrong this time and no matter what she says now, it won't make any difference because the truth was even if its for once , she did doubted him for who he was. 

Despite the suffocating look emanating from his eyes, Grace opened her mouth again. "where is she?  ," she uttered. Her voice was weak. Her lips trembled a little ..

"Ask what i have done to her , ?  " he said emotionlessly,

Grace shook her head again. she was not ready to believe , although she could smell her blood on him . her fear was getting worst of her. 

" i am the one responsible,  , i told her to go to your office .  if you want to punish someone,  it's me.  " she whispered and she saw the man's eyes dim into a pitch black darkness, as his jaws clenched slightly.

A short silence passed before a wicked and forced smile curved on Dimitri's face.

Dimitri was scaring her.

" P-princess-"

it was selena.  she was standing by the door with Alex jus behind her .

Grace almost ran towards her as she engulfed her in a tight hug. 

" what the hell happened with you! " 

" Alpha king did nothing but save me " selena whispered in Grace ears.

she was left there, frozen. Her eyes and mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise. Every part of her went on pause. she turned around to meet his eyes.

" Beta selena,  go to your room ,  we will discuss the consequences of your actions in the evening an as for you " he added, looking at Grace . " training ground,  in 15 . "  And then, he smiled at her. But that smile was the most painful and devastating smile Grace had even seen in her life.

he knew exactly what her next words would be

" don't bother  " he whispered before he abruptly let go, turned his back to her and walked out of the room.

Dimitri walked out of the living room . he stood by the door with his fists clenched into tight balls. He didn't even notice Alex leaning by the wall right beside him until the man spoke.

"I can't see any reason why you need to scare her like that, i mean she is the key to what you want . " Alex said. " At this rate she will-"

Before Alex could finish his words, Dimitri's hand flew like lightning towards Alex's neck and Dimitri pressed him hard on the wall.

"Shut up, Alex " Dimitri hissed, gritting his teeth hard.

Alex didn't react and just stared back at Dimitri's dangerous gaze.

The next moment, Dimitri let go of him and left, leaving Alex leaning there watching him walk away.

" do i look like a sandbag to you , brother?  " Alex shouted from behind.

Once Dimitri was gone, Alex entered the living room as if nothing had happened. He saw Grace , still standing by the fireplace like a frozen statue.

He quietly walked past her, heading towards his room, but then he paused, as if he had forgotten something, and walked back towards her. He stood in front of her but the girl didn't even seem to notice his presence.

"Princess Grace ," Alex finally called out and Grace was startled. Her gaze flew towards the man before her and her senses slowly returned to the present.

"Alex , " was all she said. She bit her bottom lips as she looked down, hiding her devastated expression from him.

Suddenly, the man's hand landed on her head.

Grace's body stiffened and she lifted her face up to him, full of surprise.

" I'm not going to meddle in your affairs. "  He stared at her, his eyes calm like there was a drifting gray cloud in them. " truth be told i still dont like you Miss Grace, but remember that no matter what he does , no matter how terrifying he becomes, don't do anything behind his back and don't ever fear him or at least, make sure not to show him how scared you are." he said retracting his hand

Grace just gaped at him as she listened to his words. She couldn't say a word back.

It was then that someone entered the living room.

Alex glanced at the person before he casually moved away. " go,  now .i will take care of your friend " he told her before he left.