XXXII

The man was holding a silver knife and before he could attack Dimtri, Grace strangled him with some weird looking  vines emerging from the ground tightly tied around his body. 

he smiled wryly as those branches turned into ashes  ,  loosing himself from her grip and just like that he vanished into the thin air. it was clear that he wasn't a simple creature and he had already accomplished what he was here for. 

Dimitri finished the last one of those rogues and looked back at grace. his wolf was angry at himself for not able to protect the only person .fury was clear in those red eyes.  his snow white color fur was now all tinted in red . the rain drops were washing the blood over his fur but the hint of red stayed . 

After staring at him for a while, Grace stood up, her eyes glimmering beneath her lashes . she was trembling but she still leaned over and touched his wolf's fur. she looked at the wound on his back which was still bleeding and some claw marks here and there from last night which were not healed properly .

the girl wrapped her arms around his wolf's neck . And then, he felt her hot tears on his neck from where she buried her face on his neck . she was still trembling in fear.

It was then that he realized that her skin was so cold. He looked at her and he saw her skin filled with goosebumps. He gritted his teeth as his jaws clenched. those eyes shined again and within a second it turned from red to golden.

Dimitri expeditiously took steps back before his demons can take control over him. he knew very well that he was not so strong at the moment and once let out he will not be able control  his demons.  though his wolf and his demon stays in harmony but still seeing his mate like this will only worsen the situation .

"Alpha! " Tyler shouted from far with countless royal guards behind him. 

Tyler and Timmothy were waiting for him at the pack grounds  when Dimitri mindlinked tyler summarizing everything in short and asking him to hurry up and bring some clothes as well as guards over the north of the pack.  which obviously in turn worried Tyler,  for the fact that dimitri was already wounded and Grace was also with him.

if it was only Dimitri,  nothing could have harmed him even if he was injured but luna safety in the midst of a fight could be the constant distraction for dimitri .As they neared where Dimitri and Grace were their eyes widened in shock as fear ran through them.  not because of the number of bodies lying there but because of what exactly those rogues were.

Tyler hurried as he walked past those dead bodies to where Dimitri was.

Dimitri walked behind the huge tree and shifted into his human form . he changed into the clothes tyler brought.

" Alpha,  they were controlled-" 

He bit off his words in middle as Dimitri's sharp glare followed him and then to his mate,  Dimitri took the blanket from Tyler and cover her little frame with it. Grace was quiet . she haven't said anything in a while .

" are you okay?  can you walk? "  Dimitri asked. 

grace stood still for a while and then nodded back at him. he offered his hand to her but she stumbled . 

" Careful , little wolf " the man said as he held her shoulders, steadying her. 

" one of them is alive,  bring her back to the cells and burn rest of the bodies " Dimitri ordered the guards as he carried grace in his arms . her head was buried in his chest as she closed her eyes listening to his calm and soothing heartbeat , relaxing her wolf .