XLIX

Meanwhile, as Alexander came back to the coven land after delivering Dimitri's urgent message to Tyler, he couldn't shake off this weird feeling that had settled over him like a dark cloud through out the way.

The once formidable coven barrier that Natallia guaranted no one can cross through had disappeared, leaving behind a trail of devastation and the overpowering stench of blood. Alex heart pounded in his chest as he wondered about the people inside . although he knew how powerful and invincible his brother his but the truth is there are always casualties in a fight and knowing very well the current condition of his brother , he had his doubts of how well he can fight . 

" Well , accept that you are worried about him , why bother dressing him as a weak one . you very well know he can still burn the ground to ashes in his current condition " . Alex wolf mocked his own human as all Alex responded in was with a sigh . his wolf was still angry with how Alex treated Selena .

Alex last interaction with Selena, had been haunting him all along. Rage had been surging through him, but he pushed it aside, knowing that his priority was to find her and ascertain her safety first . Although he still haven't forgiven her for hiding and severing their mate bond on her own but still a thought of anything going wrong with her is worrying him a little . 'was this what Dimitri feels every time about Grace' he wondered .

As he hurried through the shattered remains of the once-thriving coven, he was confronted with the grim sight of lifeless witches and their innocent children, their futures stolen in an act of unimaginable cruelty. His mind struggled to comprehend the brutality behind this massacre. While he knew his brother Dimitri was capable of great power and had a dark history, he also knew that this level of atrocity was beyond Dimitri's doing or maybe it is . who knows what he is capable of ?.

Amidst the chaos, a loud thud echoed from his left, and Alexander's heart sank as he rushed toward the source of the sound. There, amidst the fallen bodies, lay Natalia, her body drenched in blood, her life hanging by a thread. Fear and sadness overwhelmed him, soft tears welling up in his eyes as he called out her name in desperation, praying for any sign of life. she had been a sisterly figure for him , which he never had in his entire life . even when Dimitri left him on the doorsteps of those who loathed him . she was the one checking upon him . Natalia was the one who let him know about his mate , Selina at the first place .

In a moment of sheer determination, Alexander placed his trembling hands on Natalia's lifeless form. A surge of magical energy emanated from him as he tapped into the depths of his power, willing every ounce of strength to heal her. The air crackled with magic, and a sense of hope enveloped the dark and despairing landscape.

A soft gasp escaped Alexander's lips as he felt a faint heartbeat, a flicker of life within Natalia. His resolve intensified, and he poured somewhat his energy into her, mending her wounds and willing her body to revive. The air shimmered with ethereal light as a magical bond formed between them, a connection of - .

" This can't be happening . stop Alex . " Natalia voice barely a whisper

" STOP ALEXANDER , YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING- " . Natalia shouted once with all her might as she tried shoving his hand away but her voice was barely audible to him as she closes her eyes again .

Time seemed to slow as Alexander continued to pour his energy into the healing process, pushing back the darkness that threatened to consume them both. The emotions within him were a tumultuous mix of fear for Natalia's life, profound sadness for the fallen, and a glimmer of hope .

And then, a miracle happened. Natalia's eyelids fluttered, and her eyes slowly opened, revealing pools of brilliant green, now clouded with confusion. As she met Alexander's tearful gaze, a weak but grateful smile curved on her lips. In that magical moment, the pain and terror they had both endured began to subside, replaced by a profound sense of relief - a glimmer of hope.

But when Natalia realized what Alexander had done to heal her, her eyes masked a strange sense of horror - a mix of astonishment and fear. Alex couldn't get the reason behind her reaction and felt a growing concern.

"We're doomed," she exclaimed, her voice laced with desperation and disbelief. "You never told me that you are a healer."

"Coz I don't remember being one . i just did what my mind told me .  Why are you looking at me like that?" Alexander replied, trying to sound composed, but a flicker of doubt and confusion in his voice betrayed him.

"Congratulations, you are a healer who doesn't know how to use his skills, and we are doomed now," she said, her voice deep and husky, showing the strain on her throat as she spoke.

Alexander's eyebrows creased in confusion, unable to fully grasp her words and emotions.

"Help me up. We need to find your brother. Only he will know how to undo what you did, and I don't know where he is or how injured he might be. I don't know what Grace had done with him -" Natalia urged, her urgency tinged with a mix of pain and concern.

"Grace? Wait a minute - what do you mean?" Alexander asked, perplexed and trying to piece together the puzzle.

"She did this," Natalia said, pointing to the surrounding dead bodies, guilt and anger filling her eyes as she spoke. "I couldn't save them."

"Are you kidding me? I guess... we are not on the same page. Help me remember why she would do this? Why would she-" Alexander tried to understand, his emotions a blend of frustration, shock, and determination.

"I don't know. I just know that Jack was here. My people were fighting with him, and when Grace suddenly appeared from behind, she caught me by surprise when she attacked me, slitting my throat. She was different . I saw my people dying one by one by jack's hands, and soon they both disappeared," Natalia recounted, a mix of grief and rage washing over her as she struggled to stand with the help of a nearby tree.

As they surveyed the gruesome scene around them, the ground painted in blood, Natalia's heart shattered into pieces as tears made way from her eyes . she removed her blood drenched jacked and covered a small girl body whose clothes were all torn and her body was covered with claws marks. the claws marks were too big for her small frame . she vowed to avenge every last one of them and quench the thirst of this land with the sole person who is responsible for it .

meanwhile , Alexander's eyes darted around, desperately searching for someone . Time seemed to slow, but his heart pounded faster with each passing moment, sinking deeper into a well of worry and fear.

And then, a ray of hope pierced through the darkness. "She is alive," Natalia said, "The archangel is safe . don't worry . Dimitri sent her out for some other important work before this all happened ."

Relief washed over him like a tidal wave, carrying away some of the burden that had weighed heavily on his heart. For a moment, the clouds of anxiety began to part, and a faint glimmer of hope appeared.

But his emotions were far from settled. With a mix of sorrow and confusion, he responded, "We need to find my brother. He might have followed Grace. Obviously, he would have?" His voice quivered slightly, betraying the deep concern and uncertainty he felt about his brother's safety.

"He didn't follow her," Natalia said, her voice tinged with sadness and worry, unable to meet Alex's eyes. "Grace's hands and her clothes were covered with his blood There is no way someone like him can be brought down this easily . "

Alex's face contorted with horror upon hearing those words. His head shook in denial, as if trying to reject the dreadful possibility that his brother could be harmed or worse. sweat starting forming on his forehead as he ran his hand through his dark hair, a gesture of anxiety and distress.

In that moment, the air was heavy with a complex blend of emotions mostly overshadowed by the profound sadness and worry for his missing brother. The uncertain future loomed before him like an ominous mist, as he grappled with the fear of losing his brother coz he knew there is no way Dimitri had attacked Grace so the only possibly option is that he is hurt . he tried focusing on his bond with Dimitri but it nothing prevailed. his knees were trembling as his palms were getting sweaty . he tried to connect with him again but nothing happened as if there existed none .

 "he must be alive " he whispered to himself assuring his own self .