XLVI

" Are you sure the Archangel is on our side ?" Natalia asked, her eyes wandering around to see there is no one eavesdropping on them.

" Don't worry about her , " He murmured softly, as he lit up the cigarette .

Natalia was surprised. This was the first time she saw him smoking .He looked even more intimidating and shady with the wisps of smoke floating around him.

Drinks and Smoking were never Dimitri's thing back in days . Natalia realized how much he had changed over the past years. He is more calculative , powerful and stronger than anyone out there but is he strong enough to stand against heaven lord?..., although this guy in front of her tries to put on a show, not showing what he is capable of but she can still see a gist of what he holds and if the prophecy says Grace is powerful enough to burn the the whole world with a flick of her fingers ,than this man right here is that fire.

" since, we are on this topic. you might as well as answer this, do you think if you take the curse made for her on yourself, she will be safe? " Natalia's voice harsher than usual. her eyes fixed on his , trying to intimidate him on giving up what she already knows. The fact she was aware of what he did , didn't came as a surprise to him .

" what do you mean? " Dimitri flashed his devilish grin ,looking straight back at her . the corner of Dimitri's eyes lifted a little but not for good . he was clearly telling her that her little tricks won't work on him anymore, that he was not the small boy he used to be .

" This right here, " She said pointing at the wound on his chest , "They planned it for her, didn't they ? they were going to use this on grace ?! i don't believe that it was a coincidence, you getting poisoned with the only thing that was made to kill Amara, unless you wanted it, but why? why did you do something so foolish Dimitri? you could have destroyed it unless it cant be destroyed . " Natalia's gaze sharpened , she was clearly irritated with his stubbornness . a chuckle escaped from his lips before everything around them suddenly felt suffocating.

"You said it, but she is not the only reason " Dimitri put down his cigarette on a small ashtray before he turned and looked at her

" The Dehsotas poison, It's made by the Heaven lord himself ,it was created from all the sacrifices made by killing archangels , they say - its poison kills the person slowly, by driving them crazy to the point they kill their own self , The dagger said - 'what can't be killed from outside, must be killed from inside . ' before vanishing into thin air , and although it was originally made to kill the wounded but it can make you- "

" invincible ? " Natalia completed his sentence . her face showed the horror of what this man is capable of.

" Bingo , " he winked at her . his body was burning inside out yet his face wasn't making it visible.

" you're playing a very dangerous gamble Dimitri , what if your body couldn't take it ? do you think your body can contradict the course of the poison , "

"Atleast she is safe from it , i will take care of what will happen next "

" you do realize she is far more capable than what you think. you aren't giving her any chance . let her fight her fight "

"she is , but its natural instinct , I won't put her in any risk as long as i am breathing . i can't . i just won't " . his unfathomable face showed thousands of emotions in just few seconds .

"This is not like you . you know , the big bad Demon Alpha his risking his everything he have for a mere girl!? , i mean its not like you will die without a mate? " Natalie said .

" Maybe , i will " Dimitri said as a sorrow full smile danced over his lips . his feelings for her were sinking deeper with time .

Has it been there all this time and just waiting for him to accept it himself ? .

" we're ruined for good " his demons mumbled making Dimitri chuckle .

" so , make sure that when the time comes you protect my mate or you prefer it as your queen, Grace and Alex both, get them somewhere safe and if the moment comes and i had failed to turn the course of poison , kill me yourself before i bring harm to any innocent . " Dimitri whispered the last words. he knew that his wolf injuries were driving his demons insane and sooner or later they will go deranged . he wanted to finish all this before that time comes.