V

" youu!   you knew it! don't you?  that's why there is a smirk on your face " Grace shouted throwing a cushion over selena but she dodged it amazingly.  they both were back at Grace's room finalising the dress for the evening. 

though it's a gathering for wishing the deceased for her after life but it's not a sad occasion. it's more like a celebration for her.

Grace find this weird yet a little beautiful , sending their loved ones off is undoubtedly the most painful thing to exist but sending them off happily signifying that they are not gone for forever, it's just a momentary separation and one day they will meet again until then the gone one will be waiting for their loved ones enjoying the next phase of their life. 

Grace was finding this a little odd,  the sudden death . she was old and one of the powerful witch in the tribe . how can she suddenly pass away ? Grace had tried everything but couldn't find anything on her body except two dots like a snake bite. she was told by the others that it's a birth mark. 

" i thought you would love it.  aren't you a fan of alpha king?  " Selena's words brought her back from the web of questions and what if's? 

" but - "

" i have heard he is an absolute beauty and piece of art.  " she said cutting Grace off in between .

after hearing about him even Grace wanted to see Dimitri . her brain has made so many images and conclusions of how he looks.  his eyes . his smile. his hair.

" why are you getting red princess . what are you thinking?  " selina said  as a smile crept over her face. 

" selina,  jokes apart. have you got anything on elder sabrina?  no matter how much i try but i can't wrap my head and accept that this all is an accidental coincidence!  her agreeing to tell me the truth and her sudden death. we both know it's not common for an supernatural to die from an cardiac rest " 

" i am still looking in it.  elle told ne her postmortem reports are normal but there is something off with other elders . i have heard something happened at cemetery while they were burying her but no one is speaking about it.  seems like alpha have ordered them and you know they can't disobey his orders " she said as she pick up the pillows on the ground and placed them back on the couch.

'how am i supposed to get something if the people who are trying to hide things are my own parents.' Grace whispered to herself .

" tell elle to keep looking.  asign our people here in our absence in case anything happens and tell them to report you everything " Grace commanded .

elle was their best tracker and warrior or one can say Grace have planted a spy in her own pack . it is not that she doesn't trust her people but people around her have tendency to hide things . 

selena nodded her head in agreement. 

" now coming back to work princess.  have you decided what you are going to wear? your makeup artist will be here any time " selina asked

" not again.  i don't need makeup. i like it simple. "

selina chuckled to see her future alpha complaining.

" it's very rare to see you like this .  you are always the good girl of your parents. obeying them.  not doing anything against their wishes. " selena continued as Grace's continued staring on the marbled ground. 

" you aren't the reason of anyone's sadness grace.  they are your parents.  it's their right to worry about you . and why won't they be worried when they have such a beautiful daughter.  anyone - i really mean anyone will fall in love with you not just for your looks but for the amazing and kind person you are. now since the work of cheering you up is done.  now show me something amazing you learned " 
she said pointing towards the glass of water. 

Grace smiled knowing what selena meant.  she quickly removed the pendant she was wearing and excitedly walked towards the table where the glass was.

Grace pointed towards the glass concentrating on the water and motioned it upwards. 

in a second the water in the glass were floating in the air. She circled her hand in the air and the water droplets floating around started circling in the air itself atlast she stopped it from circling and with all i had i collected it in a ball shape and bursted it up towards the ceiling .

it was beautiful how all the water in the glass were broken into small droplets and were forzen in air. the sun light falling on it was making them shine like some rare refined crystals. at last Grace  pointed towards the circuit switching off all the lights in the room . now  the only source of light was coming from sunrays. 

it looked like stars in the moonless sky .

Grace looked back at selina. her jaw was dropped . she was shocked with the view in front of her. her eyes were shining.  Grace's lips twitched upwards as she saw selena reaction  . she was the only who knows a fraction of what Grace was capable of and instead of asking Grace to hide herself,  Selena had always encouraged her to explore more. 

" you are so amazing.   if only you wouldn't have to hide your abilities from the world. never mind i will help you so that you can freely do what you want. i will protect you " she said as she had a proud grin over her face

for now Grace is only able to control elements . she has tried hard but couldn't make them emerge out of nowhere.

-knock -knock --

Flustered Grace quickly waved in air making all the water return back to the glass again .

"come in "  selena said while Grace quickly ran over,  wearing back the pendant she left on the bed .she doesn't know what it's made of but her grandma gave it to her when she was born. what she knows is that this make her look like a normal weak human with no supernatural powers , hiding her abilities from others. 

" princess grace,  future beta selina " the lady bowed her head before them

" the makeup artist is here " she said waiting for Grace's response.

" let her in "  selina answered instead .

Grace is known for not being a very talkative person in front of others , unless it's necessary.

there is no specific reason. it's just helps her to avoid unnecessary conversation and makes less people for her to deal with. 

the lady bowed again and left the room.  not long after the artist entered the room. 

according to the rules, he is only allowed to serve the royal family. Grace was never fond of palace rules specifically rules like these.  it makes no sense to her.

according to her, it's very rare that they go out or organise such big parties but their plans won't affect his salary . it is fixed . it doesn't even matter if they don't call him for three -four months. but his yearly salary will not consider his absence.

it's like who cares if he only worked a month in a year . this guy will get paid for a whole year.  not a penny less. same for other workers like designer,  stylist and news reporters etc. 

" what will go wrong with you if they earn a penny more ?"  alecia asked. 

' only if it was a penny. ' Grace retorted immediately. 

-----------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *