XXII

Third person's pov :

grace entered inside the huge chamber which appeared to be the study room.

she walked inside it and then through to the open doors leading to another living room

A man was sitting nonchalantly on the edge, almost looking like a grim reaper waiting for the next soul that he would collect.

the whole palace, royal guards were looking for this man from last two hours and yet he was no where to be found . how come he have suddenly appeared into his room out of nowhere.

The wind blew his black coat and his dark-as-midnight hair danced under its caress. Grace gaped at the sight of him. He was just so breathtaking but his breathtaking appearance didn't outshine the darkness and coldness he was emitting. she couldn't help but imagine that he might be the reincarnation of the god of slaughter or something! How could he be so beautiful yet scary at the same time?

" alpha " Grace called out and the man, who was still gazing into the darkness like he could see miles ahead of him, finally glanced at her

He turned and looked at Grace impatiently with squinted eyes.

" i need to ask you something. " she finally said and Dimitri's dark aura blazed even more

Dimitri's jaws clenched as he opened the piece of paper he was holding .

" When the sun doesn't rise and the moon turns blue .
when stars fall from the sky
Upon the day the dark one returns, thou shall bring forth a time of war and the end of peace .
As soon as the darkness rises once more, only if found a marked child shall bring forth the beginning of a better future  "

grace subconsciously flinched and immediately stepped back when she heard Dimitri jump down to the floor.

" what is it? " Dimitri's voice was calm but emotionless.

"  will you?  i meant to ask you that will you go out with me tomorrow? " she finally managed to say it in a single go. 

" what is it that you are planning little wolf? " A glorious, chilling hue popped against his long dark, lashes as he stared at her.

" a picnic . "  " she said and what greeted her after her words was just utter silence.

"..."

Dimitri was dumbstruck. He looked at her with a quizzical expression because he couldn't tell from looking at her whether she was serious or not. When she didn't jump out and follow her statement with an "I'm joking! haha", he saw that she was more than serious and he smiled at her smugly. He couldn't believe that this girl's first ever request would be something like this. What the hell was this little wolf thinking?! This girl was just utterly unfathomable in his eyes.

"  Are you asking me for a date ?" was all Dimitri said. His eyes remained fixated on her, as if he was still dissecting every little expression she made.

"No, but since i have come here,  i haven't gone out . i have never gone on a picnic and i think it looks fun so it made it to the list as one of the things I'd like to experience," she explained.

Dimitri looked dumbstruck at her! the only thing that got his attention was 'the list of things? ' .

as for grace she thought that this was the perfect way for her to get familiar and comfortable around him. She thought that it would definitely help her to at least loosen up her stiff nerves around him. Plus, it was the truth. She included this on her list because she really found this quite romantic. going on a picnic was such a romantic gesture, since she always swooned everytime this scene appeared on tv or in the books she was reading. not mentioning his absence would from the palace will be helping selina to find something or anything to prove whether or not there is any relationship between elder sabrina's death and her mate. 

dimitri was speechless. He really could not comprehend what went through this woman's brain. She was like an alien! What was the use of trying to protect her when she is of no use to him and made no logical sense ! in the midst of all what happened today and what's going on ! and not forgetting the paper reference in his hand.  she actually is planning to do 'list of things ' with him.

he kept staring at her for a long while before he finally nodded.