XI

THIRD PERSON'S POV :

Dimitri kept looking at her . A smile crossed his face as he took her scared figure . he could read all the question running inside her mind but this time he chose not to .

he knew it from the start that if he shows her what he really is then there is no way she will enter through the gate of hell within he lives in. this was the hell he rules .

" you- you are - " grace tried speaking but she wasn't able to make words.

" sleep tight little wolf , . " he said as he starting walking away.

" you are hurt. " she said stopping him in his tracks.

he turned around looking a little amused. wasn't she supposed to run away by now. ? the fear he saw in her eyes a little while ago was all gone.

" weren't you scared of me a while ago? " he asked

" you are my mate. there is no reason for me to scared of you . you won't hurt me.  " she said with full confidence . her eyes were shining a little more than usual.

if only she knew what he had planned to do with her , if she wasn't his mate.

" you can romanticize me all you wish but a devil wrapped in silk is still a devil " dimitri said as looking into her eyes.

his eyes were dark and empty but hers, hers were full of life and brightness. Dimitri almost got lost into them. it was calming for his burning soul.

" you - why did you gave me this? wasn't this supposed to hide your identity like my does with mine ? " she said looking at the ring in her hand.

" i don't need to hide myself from anyone princess. i never needed to. as for that, you need it more than i do. wear it "

she could feel the dominance in his voice. she tried fitting it in her thumb as it was too loose for her fingers .

" you have a choice here - you can reject me and wait for a second chance as a mate-"

" i want you. " she said cutting him off in between. Dimitri eyed her for a while. no one had ever cut him off in between , not letting him complete his words. but what's surprised him more were her choice of words.

" why me? " he said tilting his head raising his eyebrow. grace knew he was testing her.

" becau- because you are handsome and powerful ."

a chuckle escaped from his lips as he heard her reason. he couldn't believe she really tried to use it to reason out with him.

" so, you are sold by beauty ?  too bad. little wolf. you shouldn't believe in those fairytales . as the rumours say, i don't have a heart to begin with ..and besides i don't think you are capable of loving me .  so don't waste your brain cells thinking about it. "

his eyes traveled from her head to bottom.

" how about you let me try? these 3 months? let me have them ! i can prove it to you, that i can love you and you are capable of loving me as well. maybe you just haven't met that special someone , who has an axe to force your heart open . " she said with such an immense proud that dimitri couldn't help as wicked smirk plastered on his face again. he was simply breathtaking in her eyes.

" i can let you try but what about me little wolf? what am i getting in return? "

" what do you want in return ?"

" My desire and my needs " dimitri replied without taking another second. he was hoping that maybe this demand of his can make her change her mind.

" i can fulfill your needs " she said it without hesitation not understand the depth of what he was pointing towards. when she saw his reaction to her words she tried creasing her brows to show how serious she was. her intensity seems to only make the man more amused.

her eyes were holding so much innocence that he didn't have to think hard about what she had understood from his statement. he took a deep breath as he took a step closer to her before continuing .

" i am talking about my sexual desires and needs princess obviously i will fulfill yours too " dimitri whispered straight looking into her eyes.

Grace flinched after hearing him . she was so much surprised that she just froze there for a while not moving. she was panicking a little bit and blushing even harder

"you can't do that? "

Dimitri was enjoying the way her face was changing with every word of his. For him it was new.

" I-i can!? " she said stuttering .

The man was completely stunned for a moment and his jaw actually fell from astonishment . He couldn't believe she actually agreed . he wasn't expecting that. he had never been wrong with his judgement on a person.

The face that was so indecipherable all the time was now expressing an emotion that grace never expected. 

" are you sure? " he couldn't help but ask again and she simply nodded confirming her answer.

she heard him let out a quiet sigh as his expression were changed back to its usual unreadable state

" Prove it then " .

-----------------