𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

ISSAC WASN'T HARD TO FIND. As a matter of fact he was the first person I saw when I exited Coach's office. He knew as soon as he met my gaze that he was going to get an earful, I could tell by the way he dropped his head back in despair. Honestly though, he deserved it because I was beyond annoyed with him.

I thought he would've trusted my word enough to not go through with it. I thought he knew I was telling him the truth. He seemed pretty convinced that I was right and so my thought was what had changed in the two— three minutes maximum for him to change his mind?

When I saw Erica glaring at me heatedly I knew.

It was her that had convinced him to do this because she was hooked on getting one over on us. For the life of me I just couldn't figure it out — what her problem was with us. We had done nothing to her but the more I thought about it maybe it was because we had done nothing that had made her dislike us so much? If that was the case I didn't understand why.

I walked over to them both, calm in my nature as they watched me approach. I was getting angry and fired up so quickly lately and I didn't know how to handle it. I was trying to not think of what was going on, to just keep myself calm because the last thing I wanted to do was to start a fight in the middle of the hallway. I didn't need a detention on my hands after school today, we had enough going on as it was.

Erica rolled her eyes as I approached them, leaning on her locker as she crossed her arms. I didn't care for her or for her shitty attitude towards me because this conversation was between Issac and I.

He pressed his lips together, anticipating what I was to say to him and I stopped in front of him, "Isaac—"

"—Alex, don't." He groaned, "I already know what you're going to say."

"Then why did you do it?!" I seethed quietly, slapping his arm.

"Derek would've made us do it whether we told him what you said or not." He resonated with me, "You know what he's like."

"You could've just gone against him and I would've handled it!" I responded. My voice was still harsh but it wasn't raised. I controlled it as best as I could, afraid to talk too loudly and cause a scene, "Isaac, Lydia is my best friend. I don't think you understand what you've done."

His face twisted in what I perceived to be guilt but before he could say anything to try and make me feel better Erica stepped in. She flicked her head to the side, a lock of her blond hair falling behind her shoulders as she said, "I'm sure you'll get over it."

My body froze in anger. I didn't know what it was about her. I just couldn't abide her. I didn't understand why she was making it her life's mission to create such havoc in our lives — mine in particular. I didn't know the girl, not one bit and she didn't know me. It wasn't like I'd been attending school with her for years like Scott, Stiles and Lydia had been. I'd only been at Beacon Hills High for a matter of months.

I didn't understand why she hated me so much but finding out wasn't really on my list of priorities right now. I had bigger things to worry about and so I put everything I had into ignoring Erica, no matter how much I wanted to slap that silly little pout off of her red painted lips.

I met Isaac's eyes again, stating into his blue iris' as I said, "Isaac tell me where Derek is."

He tried to protest, "Alex—"

"—I have an opportunity to put this right. I'm going to take that opportunity, Issac, now tell me where Derek is and perhaps I won't be as annoyed with you as I am now."

He sighed, "He's on the lacrosse field with Boyd."

Erica slapped his arm then, her eyes wide as if she was scolding him for telling me but I didn't care for her actions. Issac was swaying in my favour and I was grateful for that. I could tell by looking at him that he was feeling somewhat guilty anyways.