𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓

IN THE WEEKS THAT FOLLOWED OUR LIVES FELL BACK INTO NORMALITY AGAIN.  Stiles was no longer screaming himself awake at night, he wasn't struggling to read anymore. Scott wasn't afraid to shift, or shifting uncontrollably and Allison wasn't having these visions of her psychotic dead aunt either.

Life was peaceful and we appreciated that. We took every day as it came, reminding ourselves never to take it for granted because being bored was a lot better than battling a Darach or fighting a Kanima. Though I'd discovered our short moments of peace never lasted. They were usually the calm before the storm and the storm seemed to get worse each time. I prayed that this wasn't the case this time because I couldn't imagine anything worse than what we'd just endured, we barely made it out alive.

Deaton did warn us that Scott, Stiles and Allison's sacrifice had given power back to the Nemeton. It would draw the supernatural to our town so I supposed it was only a matter of time before an unwanted face showed up. I was trying to not think about it — to enjoy our peace while we had it but I just couldn't relax properly and my friends had noticed it.

It was a thought that didn't even cross my mind now though as I stood inside the locker room with Stiles at night as he paced back and forth in front of me. I was sitting on the bench, tossing a ping pong ball off the lockers and catching it again to cure my boredom. Normally, I'd avoid school at night at all given costs. Every time I ventured through those doors when it was dark something always happened without fail but tonight was different.

Scattered throughout the school were my fellow classmates as they ran around very enthusiastically setting up what they'd most likely been planning for months. It was October 30th — otherwise known as Mischief Day in Beacon Hills high school. I had no idea when the tradition started. I just knew it had been ongoing for quite some years and it was something Stiles had been looking forward to for a long time.

He'd come up with a very elaborate plan to prank Coach and he'd forced me out of bed to come along with him but our friend never met us in the locker room at the time he and Stiles had supposedly agreed on. Stiles was frustrated to say the least and it reflected in the way he angrily paced around as he glared at the floor.

I caught the ping pong ball again as I yawned loudly, "Why don't you just call him, Stiles?" I suggested as I threw the ball again, "He's probably in bed, sleeping like a normal person."

Though he seemingly wasn't listening to me as he said, "That's it. I'm calling him."

I glanced over my shoulder as he furiously typed his passcode in, "I literally just said that."

He held his finger up to silence me as he held the phone to his ear, "Shhh."

I rose my brows as he shushed me and I shook my head as I turned back to face the lockers, tossing the ping pong ball again, "Shush me again and I'm walking home."

"Scott?" Stiles said from behind me, "Scott, where the hell are you, man?

Thanks to my supernatural hearing, I heard as Scott sighed and said, "Hi, Stiles."

"Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do." He replied forcefully.

"Dude, I'm already in bed, get Alex to help you."

"She's already here." Stiles responded, "I had to drag her out of bed by her foot, I thought she was going to throw me out of the window."

I turned around and glared at Stiles, "I still haven't forgiven you for that. You'll be the one complaining in the morning when I hit your arm too hard when you try to force me out of bed for school."

"I regret it already." Stiles grumbled though he was talking to Scott. He looked to me, "I should've left you in bed."

"Finally you see sense." I quipped.