𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟗

I RARELY EVER SLEPT WITH MY PHONE ON LOUD, so when the shrill ring echoed through the dark room I jumped awake. The pillow under my head fell to the floor as I rolled on to my back in disorientation, waiting for my heavy eyes to adjust to the dark. I propped myself up on my elbow and reached for my phone quickly, trying not to wake Stiles up but I doubted he'd still be asleep now.

In my attempt to grab my phone, forcing one eye to stay open so I could follow the light it emitted to locate it, I knocked something off the nightstand and swore as it hit the ground with a thud.

Stiles would definitely be awake now.

The bright screen hurt my eyes and I closed them as I accepted the call — collapsing on to my back as I sighed, "Hello?"

"A-Alex?"

The voice forced the hairs on the back of my neck to raise in fear. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach as I sat up quickly and hit the side of the bed besides me frantically. To my horror it was empty. Reality set in quickly, my ears weren't deceiving me.

"Stiles?" I hurried to say, "Stiles where are you?"

Over the phone I heard him breathing heavily, almost hyperventilating as the sounds came out harshly.

"I don't-I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think was sleepwalking." He said to me quietly.

Sleepwalking? What the hell? How did he manage to get out of bed and leave the house without even waking me up. Surely something as vigours as that would've woke me up.

My brows furrowed deeply as I clasped my hand around the back of my neck and began to pace across his floor, "Sleepwalking?" I echoed, "Stiles where are you?"

"I don't know." He stuttered tearfully as he took a deep breath.

I screwed my eyes together while my mind raced, "Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see." He responded before he was silent for a minute. I thought something had happened for a minute until he spoke again, "I think there's something wrong with my—"

"Stiles?" I said as my phone beeped, "Stiles!"

I pulled my phone away from my ear to see the call had disconnected and quickly I pressed his contact again and paced as it rang.

"Hey—"

I sighed in relief, "Oh, thank god—"

"—This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message."

Voicemail.

I hurried to call him a second time as I gripped to my phone, "Come on, come on, come on." I muttered but this time it went straight to voicemail.

"Shit." I swore desperately, my palms beginning to sweat as my heart pulsated erratically in my chest. This was terrifying knowing he was missing somewhere in the dark and alone. I didn't even know where to start. I needed to call Scott but I had to know Stiles wasn't in immediate danger first. I needed him to pick up the damn phone.

I couldn't take it and I tore his bedroom door open and dashed across the landing to the Sheriffs room and opened the door quickly, "Sheriff—"

To my horror the room was empty, the bed still pristinely made and I dropped my head back upon realising the Sheriff was on night duty.

My phone started to ring again and knowing it couldn't be anyone else but Stiles I hurried to answer it, "Stiles?"

"Alex I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move." He was crying now.