𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

I HAD NO IDEA how I found myself wound up in a car chase. It wasn't what I had planned for my Sunday night with Stiles but here we were. I was stuck in the middle of Scott's poorly thought out decision to pin Derek for several murders thinking he was dead but he wasn't dead and now he was literally the most wanted criminal in the state. I had been begging Derek to let me test out his Camaro for ages but this was not how I excepted my first time in the drivers seat to go.

Now I was a good driver — or at least I thought I was — but by the snide remarks Scott and Stiles were making about how I was driving us to our death I was starting to think that I maybe wasn't the best. At least not under pressure anyways.

I checked the rear-view mirror again, my fingers gripping tightly around the steering wheel as the car engine revved loudly. The two cars tailing me weren't holding up but they weren't getting any faster either. The second car grew closer, driving along side the first car and I checked it out in the mirror.

"Oh my god." I muttered in annoyance, looking back to the dark road again.

"What?" Scott and Stiles both asked me quickly.

"That second car." I groaned, "The silver one?"

It sped up, overtaking the car that was behind me originally and edged forwards towards the back of Derek's Camaro. If it drew parallel with us I wouldn't put it passed it to ram into the side of us and then it was game over, especially when we crashed and they saw the three of us sitting in the drivers seat. It would give away that we knew Derek, therefore insinuating that either Scott or Stiles was the Beta they were looking for.

Stiles was looking out the back window, "Is that—?"

"Yes." I said in annoyance, "That's my dad. The fricken moron he's going to kill us."

"Well he does think we're Derek." Scott resonated.

"Alex you need to speed up, he's almost in parallel with us." Stiles told me.

"You want me to go faster?" I asked him, not taking my eyes from the road.

"Much faster."

I nodded once, "You're gonna wish you didn't say that." I said to him, putting my foot flat to the floor and pushing the gas peddle. The engine of the car revved loudly and we flew down a bump in the road. I drove between the two lanes of the old dirt road on the outskirts of town, thankful that no one ever used them.

"How did we get ourselves into this again?" I asked my two friends through my teeth as I gritted them.

Scott gripped to the passenger side of the door, "Well—"

"—Wait, I remember now." I said sarcastically, "You pinned three murders on Derek.. again."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not proud of it." Scott reminded me.

"Now we're stuck in the middle of a car chase because he was spotted." I told him, "So congratu-flipping-lations Scott. You're a genius who's about to get us killed."

"Alex, I really don't think you're understanding the concept of a car chase here." Stiles said to me nervously.

I pressed myself into the back of the drivers seat, locking my arms as I held the steering wheel, "Oh, no. I understand perfectly."

"Then speed up." He exasperated.

"I'm trying not to kill us!"

"If she goes any faster she'll kill us!" Scott said to him.

"Well, if she doesn't go faster they're going to kill us!" Stiles retaliated.

"You know this car is fast but it's not that fast, right?" I asked them both, "My foot is on the floor."