𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟕

OCTOBER 31ST .... HALLOWEEN.

A holiday that hardly anyone knew the true meaning of. People nowadays saw it as a chance to dress up in costumes and collect enough sweets to last them for the rest of their lives .. or an excuse to go to a party and drink alcohol.

Not many know that it was a day used to prepare for All Saints day in which the saints of the church that are believed to have passed on to heaven are honoured and celebrated whether they are known or unknown. The celebration then carried on into the second day of November with The Day of The Dead — something I'd always been curious about. A day where religions celebrated and remembered their loved ones who have passed away and progressed on to heaven.

Like I said, not many people know the true origin of Halloween.

Following Mischief Day — which had turned out to be a complete and total mess — I just wanted to have a normal day. I wasn't even bothered about celebrating Halloween, I was ready to settle for a takeaway and a night on the sofa with Stiles watching horror movies but of course the world had other plans for me.

Call me a party pooper but I was tired.

Plus, the power was still out across town and it was guaranteed to remain out until tomorrow afternoon at the latest so movie night was out of the window entirely. We still had to come to school though which sucked entirely.

When we left the Sheriffs station at just past 11 last night I was expecting to be going straight to bed, not to Derek's loft to hear about his and Peter's eventful week. I was half asleep listening to them both explain it to me so I hadn't even processed it properly — all I knew was the basics, some Mexicans, Peter losing a finger and Derek sewing it back on and that girl who saved Isaac's life breaking them out of wherever they were .. I don't know. It was confusing and I was tired.

I was still tired now, if not more than last night, surviving on four hours worth of sleep. I'd functioned on less in the past but my body just was not cooperating with me today. I was having a hard enough time concentrating on what Danny was saying to me as we walked down the corridor after biology as he told me about his last minute search for bucket load of backup generators so he could host his black out party he'd been planning for months.

I sighed as I dropped my head back, "I mean it is a black-out party Danny, why don't you just get a few flashlights, light a few candles?"

"Well, that's the thing." Danny said to me then, "I was just about to tell you that Aiden knows a place I can have the party that has it's own backup generator within the building."

I looked at him incredulously, "Why didn't you start with that? You could've saved me ten minutes of listening to you whining on."

He rolled his eyes, "You're a horrible friend you know Alex." He said to me, "You're never nice to me anymore."

"I'm sleep deprived Danny." I mumbled, "You know I don't mean it." I looked at him then and flashed him a tired grin.

"Well we can stop by the store and grab some energy drinks before we head to this place."

I glanced at him then, "We?"

"Oh yeah." He nodded, "I need your help. It's two o'clock and this party starts in less than five hours. I haven't even seen the place."

"Fine." I nodded, "But you owe me."

He grinned charmingly, a grin that would have boys falling at his feet, "How about a bottle of vodka to go with those energy drinks."

I couldn't get drunk but I was impartial to a good vodka red bull. I liked the taste of it and even though it didn't get me drunk it did give me somewhat of a buzz that I adored the feeling of. I looked to my friend as he continued to grin at me — knowing fine well he'd hit the nail on the head and slowly he ticed a smile of my own to form on my lips, "Can't say no to that I guess."