𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐

STILES WAS MISSING. He was nowhere to be found, not even an hour after the game and I was so worried I could barely think straight. I felt ill.. I just wanted to know where he was and then I would feel at ease.

Of course though, we couldn't play it off to the sheriff that something was really wrong. Scott had tried to reassure him that nothing was wrong and so Isaac and I had to follow his lead even when I was crumbling inside. Between Stiles disappearing and the paramedics pronouncing Jackson dead I didn't know what to think. My mind was running away and I could barely collect my thoughts.

Once everyone was decent in the boys locker room I was allowed inside and I stood with Scott and Isaac by Stiles' locker, waiting for everyone to leave.

The sheriff came over to us, a notepad in his hands as he said, "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means - the hell, I don't know what that means. Um - look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him—"

"We'll call you." Isaac reassured him, putting his hand on to my shoulder as I stared at the floor silently. 

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott said to him.

"Yeah." The sheriff nodded, "I'll see you, okay? Alex, you're gonna be all right with these two?" He asked me.

I barely looked up from the floor when I nodded and said, "I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

"Okay." He nodded then, "I'll see you later."

The three of us mumbled our goodbyes as coach approached us, he clapped Scott on the shoulder, "McCall. We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

Scott nodded eagerly, looking to coach as he said, "Yeah, I know, coach."

"All right." He nodded mellowly and I was quite surprised by how calm he seemed, "I mean, I-I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we— I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will." Scott reassured him determinedly.

Coach nodded then before he turned to walk away and said, "I know."

The three of us watched as coach left, leaving the locker room silent and Scott said to us, "Is that everyone?"

I looked around the room as Isaac stepped forwards for a better look and he sighed, "I think so."

Scott didn't wait as he grabbed Stiles' locker door and pulled the metal off its hinges, dropping it in a heap on the floor as he looked inside Stiles' locker.

"That's one way to get it open." I mumbled.

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asked Scott.

"Yeah, we both are." He said, passing one of Stiles' shoes over to him.

"But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac said then.

"Just be thankful you can actually do this." I said to him. I glanced fleetingly to Scott but I noticed he wasn't looking at us, he was looking towards the door of the locker room with a frown etched on to his face.

Isaac and I both followed his gaze and I furrowed my brows when I saw Derek standing by the door, his hands by his sides as he said, "We need to talk."